Martyball

thewildrabbit

Would Brian Schotteheimer come with his father? Just to throw this out there - I haven't thought it through yet.

HC: Marty Schottenheimer

OC: Brian Schottenheimer

DC: Eric Mangini

Yep,already stated that Marty would more then likely want to bring in his son Brian who was the offensive coordinator for the NY Jets this year.

The other thing is his brother Kurt Schottenheimer who is currently the Packers secondary coach might be hired to be the defensive coordinator or for another position on the defensive coaching side.

I wouldn't care if he brought in his entire family tree as long as he wins divisional games and gets the Bills to the Playoffs

Guest dog14787
Count me among those who thinks Marty is the ultimate re-tread who is solid in the regular season but lousy when it counts (5-13 career record in the playoffs). Also, I don't know if I can take a coach who is MORE conservative than Jauron.

Hey, just get me to the playoffs and I'm a happy camper. :censored:

BRING IN MARTY BALL!!!

Guest dog14787
I like the idea, although his performance inthe playoffs is a little un-nerving. What about Billick? He's won.

Brian, is that you. :angry:

Count me among those who thinks Marty is the ultimate re-tread who is solid in the regular season but lousy when it counts (5-13 career record in the playoffs). Also, I don't know if I can take a coach who is MORE conservative than Jauron.

Exactly. He beat up in the AFC west for a bunch of years, big deal that division was awful for a long time. But he could never beat anyone else in the playoffs.

Exactly. He beat up in the AFC west for a bunch of years, big deal that division was awful for a long time. But he could never beat anyone else in the playoffs.

say what you want about him, but he's only had 2 losing seasons out of all the years he's coached.

Forget winning in the playoffs, at least for now. This team needs to worry more about actually being decent for a change. Consider that he's 65 years old. He's probably not going to be with the Bills for more than 5 or 6 seasons even if by some chance he does become their next coach. Given that, he would be one of the better choices out there to right the ship and help turn this team back into a winner during the regular season and into a playoff contender. By the time this team has stabilized, Marty will probably be looking to retire and the Bills will have the opportunity to roll the dice on a new head coach if they're not satisfied with Marty's ability to produce playoff wins.

Forget winning in the playoffs, at least for now. This team needs to worry more about actually being decent for a change. Consider that he's 65 years old. He's probably not going to be with the Bills for more than 5 or 6 seasons even if by some chance he does become their next coach. Given that, he would be one of the better choices out there to right the ship and help turn this team back into a winner during the regular season and into a playoff contender. By the time this team has stabilized, Marty will probably be looking to retire and the Bills will have the opportunity to roll the dice on a new head coach if they're not satisfied with Marty's ability to produce playoff wins.

Fair points. He could get us back on track I suppose. But man, he plays a conservative, BORING style of football.