Per Jay Glazer on the NFL Fox postgame show

RayFinkle

Savage has been fired, Crenell will be fired tomorrow morning.

Seemed obvious that it was coming...it was just a matter of time.

I haven't followed the Browns closely enough, but why fire Savage? He seems to have brought in good enough personnel, though I suppose you can put Romeo Crennel on him.

Savage has been fired, Crenell will be fired tomorrow morning.

No shock there. The Browns went way down this year after a good season last year. Now they can go out and sign Scott Pioli from the Pats, since NE's season is over too. At least that's what all the Browns' fans think anyway. I'll believe it when I see it. Check out Browns' Nation and their forums sometime. They are forever making brash predictions of things that are rumored to be happening almost every day. Very few of them ever seem to happen for them.

No shock there. The Browns went way down this year after a good season last year. Now they can go out and sign Scott Pioli from the Pats, since NE's season is over too. At least that's what all the Browns' fans think anyway. I'll believe it when I see it. Check out Browns' Nation and their forums sometime. They are forever making brash predictions of things that are rumored to be happening almost every day. Very few of them ever seem to happen for them.

The part about the forums is very true. You ought to hear the local talk shows.

Some are predicting that Bill Parcells will come here. Why in the world would Parcells come to Cleveland??? Cowher I can understand, at least in part; he did play and coach here.

They're not getting Pioli either. This is just a mess...all the way around.

From the Plain Dealer:

PITTSBURGH -- The Phil Savage era as Browns general manager is over.

Shortly after the Browns completed a 4-12 season with a 31-0 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Browns confirmed Sunday that Savage was fired.

Owner Randy Lerner made the decision before the game. A source said the decision was based on problems with Savage's communication and leadership skills.

Lerner is hoping to recruit former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher or New England vice president Scott Pioli to head his revamped football operation.

By virture of New England's elimination from the playoffs despite an 11-5 record, Pioli is available to be interviewed immediately.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/...ial_gm_phi.html

Sounds like the Browns are at least being proactive and not tap-dancing around with this "is he coming back, is he fired" game that Ralph and co. are playing...

The part about the forums is very true. You ought to hear the local talk shows.

Some are predicting that Bill Parcells will come here. Why in the world would Parcells come to Cleveland??? Cowher I can understand, at least in part; he did play and coach here.

They're not getting Pioli either. This is just a mess...all the way around.

I saw Urban Meyer's name in one of the PD articles this morning. Just shaking my head.