Our Offense is ridiculously young

Fewell733

I'd be surprised if there is an offense from top to bottom as young as ours. We shouldn't be surprised when we don't always look too hot. What makes things worse though is that our veterans - like Losman and Fowler off the bench and Royal at TE just aren't very good players (and that's being kind). Other than Reed, who is surprisingly only 28, Langston Walker, and to a far lesser extent, Dockery, where are the competent veterans? Lee Evans is getting there.

QB - 25

RB - 22

LT - 26

LG - 28

C - 26

RG - 25

RT - 29

WR - 27

WR - 28

TE - 30

FB - 29

Turk - 1st year as play caller

Our depth at WR and TE is ridiculously young and inexperienced - average age about 23.

Generally, I think we need to bring in some at least middle of the road veteran depth to give some stability as these guys gain experience.

I'd be surprised if there is an offense from top to bottom as young as ours. We shouldn't be surprised when we don't always look too hot. What makes things worse though is that our veterans - like Losman and Fowler off the bench and Royal at TE just aren't very good players (and that's being kind). Other than Reed, who is surprisingly only 28, Langston Walker, and to a far lesser extent, Dockery, where are the competent veterans? Lee Evans is getting there.

QB - 25

RB - 22

LT - 26

LG - 28

C - 26

RG - 25

RT - 29

WR - 27

WR - 28

TE - 30

FB - 29

Our depth at WR and TE is ridiculously young and inexperienced - average age about 23.

Generally, I think we need to bring in some at least middle of the road veteran depth to give some stability as these guys gain experience.

the reason we have no competent vets is not because they are too young, it is because they have no real talent.

our front office consistently blows its evaluation of talent

QB - 25

RB - 22

LT - 26

LG - 28

C - 26

RG - 25

RT - 29

WR - 27

WR - 28

TE - 30

FB - 29

So what you're saying is that most of these guys are in their prime and most productive years. :beer:

I'd be interested to see how this compares with some of the more successful teams this year, e.g. Miami, NE, Titans, Steelers. Hard to imagine that the "average age" on offense varies dramatically from team to team - this is a "young man's game", because of the physical nature of it.

QB - 25

RB - 22

LT - 26

LG - 28

C - 26

RG - 25

RT - 29

WR - 27

WR - 28

TE - 30

FB - 29

Pointless post. The Bills aren't "young". Offensively, they are mostly in their primes, defensively, they are long in the tooth on the DL and in their primes elsewhere. They stink primarily because their coaching stinks.

I'd be interested to see how this compares with some of the more successful teams this year, e.g. Miami, NE, Titans, Steelers. Hard to imagine that the "average age" on offense varies dramatically from team to team - this is a "young man's game", because of the physical nature of it.

here's the Pats this year with Cassell:

QB - 26 (Brady is 31)

RB - 31

LT - 30

LG - 26

OC - 29

RG - 28

RT - 29

WR - 31

WR - 27

TE - 28

FB - 29

average starting age with Cassel is 28.5 (29 with Brady)

our average age is 26.8 - about 2 years less experience on average at every position.

this doesn't take account of the Patriots depth, which is predominantly veteran - Hochstein is 31, Gaffney and Kelley Washington are 28. even their young depth is older by about two years