A solution RW could live with

bowery4

RW he has a problem :). He is going to wait until he sees the game this week and then figuare out the answer, I guess. So, I offer him the solution he might be looking for. Best of all it is free and might be in the best interests of the organization.

1. Keep DJ, but not as headcoach; lets face it, the players love him, he is a really good thinker and just an all around quality guy, a guy who we would all love to be the coach, if it were not for his mistakes. I like the guy and even like that he is pretty unemotional on the sideline, I just think he is like a JP of coaching at this point. You keep hoping he will do the right thing but then................ well, he puts JP in position to F it up......... So, he is a good guy and a good football mind but he isn't getting what we all want, PLAYOFFS and SB.

Frankly, I think SB is totally out the window if he stays coach, sad, but he is just too damn out thinkable; the problem being, he out thinks himself when it is time to go with your instincts and do the right thing. I also have an issue with him not being able to see what he has in a young player and keeping someone who is better out of the lineup, when they are not the best player in that position. He really should be able to make that call. Johnson vs Hardy, Jackson last year; Greer etc....... who knows who is riding the pine as I write?

Also there is that contract, performance based? IDK, but you can buy it out and give him another position, no? I know the last couple of days we moved Modrak up the ladder a bit more. VPs are very good titles and a winning corporate structure so, how about PROMOTING DJ to VP of football operations. Make him the "not GM" and give him more GM like duties. Maybe, you could just rewrite the contract. The guy doesn't have to not stay a Bills employee, just not coach.

2. We have built and rebuilt and the team, it seems to have talent to win (against 2/3rds of the league on some Sundays), some schemes seem like they have to go (Tampa cover 2 for one) and some positions need an upgrade but we all know that really, continuity is a big issue with a young team, who are still learning. So, lets keep our core intact. Bring in some good proven and leadership type players and make some tough decisions about some others (DE, C, OLB maybe OL would seem to be areas I would look at), also resign some people who pissed off the FO the last year by their boneheaded moves (I am thinking Crow and Jason here; at least make decent offers for good players, make them happy and make them promise never to do it again..... it is like a marriage, this contract thing, it takes 2 sides to make it work, but it has to be worked at and not talking to available talent looks well, frankly like you just don't care about winning) and lock up some young guys who are play-makers going FA this year. The rest of the league is watching including our own guys and players who will be FA in 2010, we want a team people want to come to, it is important (being a winner, would help us too, so it would seem).

Greer is an important guy on the team, still underrated, the back ups still need time to develop....Freddie, well we saw what Freddie gives us last Sunday, with ML we couldn't really have better. There are others but these two are significant losses lets stop the revolving, we develop the talent then can't afford it door. Cash to the cap seems reasonable, but we can stay under and leave a bit less room or so it would seem. If the Bills are winners, we can make money, in this league today it is very apparent it takes money to make money too.`

3. Promote Bobby April to Head Coach. Lets face, he is the best coach we have had in the organization in the last decade. We know you like to promote from with-in and it does make sense, so give the job to the guy who coaches well. It also works in favor of the teams continuity.

Marv was a ST coach and BA is a better one. If he wants to bring in his own O and D coordinators let him (I for one wouldn't mind an experienced OC). I would kind of hate to see Fawell go but as I said I don't like cover 2. Turk, well he could grow into it, I am not sure about him. My point; let him retain or build according to what he thinks is best. He is a popular guy among fans, he will sell tickets, he shows some emotion, even if I don't think it is all that important. He gets the most out of players. It is the best way to deal with the off season. If you keep DJ, no way you sell as many season tickets next year. If you hire outside, good chance it won't work, unless you go the expensive route and then the value of the franchise goes down with the hire. Maybe you could do much of this with Marty but I just don't think we need another retread who can't win the POs to get in the superbowl and win.

Just my 2baht, I'm in Thailand but a Bills fan since forever, the Bills have been my team since I was 4, that I can remember and my Dad took me to a lot of games even before I could really understand anything (I even went the Chargers championship game in the sixties at the rock). Thanks for reading.

We have a tough division if DJ stays coach, well we are going to be out coached and 9/6 at best next year, we can do better with out throwing out the baby with the wash.

Tuesday afternoon and I highly doubt it, 3/4 defense and recent history. Odds are not in our favor even coming off the win Sunday could be a good game though. I hope they do, having said everything I did, as they are still my Bills (an 0/6 in the east is DEPRESSING) and I hope RW thinks hard and long before he does whatever he does. But I also hope that keeping DJ as HC is not the answer he comes up with, regardless of the Pats* game outcome.

Tuesday afternoon and I highly doubt it, 3/4 defense and recent history. Odds are not in our favor even coming off the win Sunday could be a good game though. I hope they do, having said everything I did, as they are still my Bills (an 0/6 in the east is DEPRESSING) and I hope RW thinks hard and long before he does whatever he does. But I also hope that keeping DJ as HC is not the answer he comes up with, regardless of the Pats* game outcome.

Hard call. Bills win puts Jets or Miami in playoffs .I hate this spoiler role.

RW he has a problem :beer:. He is going to wait until he sees the game this week and then figuare out the answer, I guess. So, I offer him the solution he might be looking for. Best of all it is free and might be in the best interests of the organization.

1. Keep DJ, but not as headcoach; lets face it, the players love him, he is a really good thinker and just an all around quality guy, a guy who we would all love to be the coach, if it were not for his mistakes. I like the guy and even like that he is pretty unemotional on the sideline, I just think he is like a JP of coaching at this point. You keep hoping he will do the right thing but then................ well, he puts JP in position to F it up......... So, he is a good guy and a good football mind but he isn't getting what we all want, PLAYOFFS and SB.

Frankly, I think SB is totally out the window if he stays coach, sad, but he is just too damn out thinkable; the problem being, he out thinks himself when it is time to go with your instincts and do the right thing. I also have an issue with him not being able to see what he has in a young player and keeping someone who is better out of the lineup, when they are not the best player in that position. He really should be able to make that call. Johnson vs Hardy, Jackson last year; Greer etc....... who knows who is riding the pine as I write?

Also there is that contract, performance based? IDK, but you can buy it out and give him another position, no? I know the last couple of days we moved Modrak up the ladder a bit more. VPs are very good titles and a winning corporate structure so, how about PROMOTING DJ to VP of football operations. Make him the "not GM" and give him more GM like duties. Maybe, you could just rewrite the contract. The guy doesn't have to not stay a Bills employee, just not coach.

2. We have built and rebuilt and the team, it seems to have talent to win (against 2/3rds of the league on some Sundays), some schemes seem like they have to go (Tampa cover 2 for one) and some positions need an upgrade but we all know that really, continuity is a big issue with a young team, who are still learning. So, lets keep our core intact. Bring in some good proven and leadership type players and make some tough decisions about some others (DE, C, OLB maybe OL would seem to be areas I would look at), also resign some people who pissed off the FO the last year by their boneheaded moves (I am thinking Crow and Jason here; at least make decent offers for good players, make them happy and make them promise never to do it again..... it is like a marriage, this contract thing, it takes 2 sides to make it work, but it has to be worked at and not talking to available talent looks well, frankly like you just don't care about winning) and lock up some young guys who are play-makers going FA this year. The rest of the league is watching including our own guys and players who will be FA in 2010, we want a team people want to come to, it is important (being a winner, would help us too, so it would seem).

Greer is an important guy on the team, still underrated, the back ups still need time to develop....Freddie, well we saw what Freddie gives us last Sunday, with ML we couldn't really have better. There are others but these two are significant losses lets stop the revolving, we develop the talent then can't afford it door. Cash to the cap seems reasonable, but we can stay under and leave a bit less room or so it would seem. If the Bills are winners, we can make money, in this league today it is very apparent it takes money to make money too.`

3. Promote Bobby April to Head Coach. Lets face, he is the best coach we have had in the organization in the last decade. We know you like to promote from with-in and it does make sense, so give the job to the guy who coaches well. It also works in favor of the teams continuity.

Marv was a ST coach and BA is a better one. If he wants to bring in his own O and D coordinators let him (I for one wouldn't mind an experienced OC). I would kind of hate to see Fawell go but as I said I don't like cover 2. Turk, well he could grow into it, I am not sure about him. My point; let him retain or build according to what he thinks is best. He is a popular guy among fans, he will sell tickets, he shows some emotion, even if I don't think it is all that important. He gets the most out of players. It is the best way to deal with the off season. If you keep DJ, no way you sell as many season tickets next year. If you hire outside, good chance it won't work, unless you go the expensive route and then the value of the franchise goes down with the hire. Maybe you could do much of this with Marty but I just don't think we need another retread who can't win the POs to get in the superbowl and win.

Just my 2baht, I'm in Thailand but a Bills fan since forever, the Bills have been my team since I was 4, that I can remember and my Dad took me to a lot of games even before I could really understand anything (I even went the Chargers championship game in the sixties at the rock). Thanks for reading.

We have a tough division if DJ stays coach, well we are going to be out coached and 9/6 at best next year, we can do better with out throwing out the baby with the wash.

I'm from Malaysia. Live in Nashville now. Damn these Bills - they hook you in. I got caught up in the whole thing when I went to school at RIT in the late 80s/early 90s. Arrrgggh!

C

Marv was a ST coach and BA is a better one.

Marv was a special teams coach for the Redskins under HOF George Allen (inducted the same day as Jim Kelly). However after that he was HC of the Montreal Allouttes taking them to 3 Grey Cups 2 of which they won. Marv had also been HC at Coe College (I think) and University of California.

Not sure is Bobby April has this kind of experience or not ... I've been unable to locate it on the internets.

Marv was a special teams coach for the Redskins under HOF George Allen (inducted the same day as Jim Kelly). However after that he was HC of the Montreal Allouttes taking them to 3 Grey Cups 2 of which they won. Marv had also been HC at Coe College (I think) and University of California.

Not sure is Bobby April has this kind of experience or not ... I've been unable to locate it on the internets.

Chalmette High School

Assistant Coach

Southern Miss

Graduate Assistant

Tulane

Tight Ends Coach

Arizona Wildcats

Defensive Line/Secondary Coach

USC Trojans

Secondary/Kicking Coach

Ohio State Buckeyes

Secondary Coach