Joey Harrington gets in a good one

stuckincincy

:lol:

..."It got so ugly fans mockingly chanted "Jo-ey! Jo-ey!" in the half-empty stadium in reference to New Orleans' third-string quarterback Joey Harrington, who was the first of many first-round busts Detroit drafted during an eight-season stretch (31-95) that is the NFL's worst since 1950.

Since the Lions traded Harrington, their No. 3 pick in 2002, they are 10-36 and have won only one of their past 23 games.

"Who would have believed that I was here in the heyday?" Harrington joked. "Things have changed. When I was here, the fans brought 'Fire Millen' signs, but still cheered for the team. Now, the ones that do show up bring 'Hire Millen' signs and that doesn't help.

"No one deserves to go through this."."...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/gamecenter/r...20081221_NO@DET

Yha but they can go home and think about the wings Stanley cups-unlike-well you know.

....and the Pistons Championships while we try and remember the old Buffalo Braves, (did they win a playoff series? I think they had one 50 won season under Jack Ramsey, but I don't remember what they did in the playoffs that year.)

---and the Detroit Tigers World Series wins while we can remember the video presentation Bob & Mindy Rich hired Larry King to narrate back in 1990 when they tried to win expansion into MLB.

Two more reasons it would be really nice for the Sabres or Bills to win just one championship between them in my lifetime.

"Head coach Rod Marinelli spent the season shrugging off charges of nepotism for hiring his son-in-law as defensive coordinator. Even with a defense ranked last in the NFL, Marinelli said he never once thought of firing anyone or taking over the duties himself." Yahoo sports quote. I saw on one of the post game interviews a reporter asked " do you ever wish your daughter married a better defensive coordinator?" Classic.

"Head coach Rod Marinelli spent the season shrugging off charges of nepotism for hiring his son-in-law as defensive coordinator. Even with a defense ranked last in the NFL, Marinelli said he never once thought of firing anyone or taking over the duties himself." Yahoo sports quote. I saw on one of the post game interviews a reporter asked " do you ever wish your daughter married a better defensive coordinator?" Classic.

Mmmm....that was a personal shot. Not so good.

....and the Pistons Championships while we try and remember the old Buffalo Braves, (did they win a playoff series? I think they had one 50 won season under Jack Ramsey, but I don't remember what they did in the playoffs that year.)

---and the Detroit Tigers World Series wins while we can remember the video presentation Bob & Mindy Rich hired Larry King to narrate back in 1990 when they tried to win expansion into MLB.

Two more reasons it would be really nice for the Sabres or Bills to win just one championship between them in my lifetime.

they won one. i miss them too.