j-e-s-t, jest, jest jest !!!!!!!!!

Tom

Is the compensation the JEts have to give to the Packers impacted by whether or not the Jets make the playoffs. I recall a variable compensation structure, but don't recall the specific details other than a first rounder if Jets make it to the Superbowl and clauses based on number of snaps, etc.

Ive said it once and I'll say it again, with the way their season has gone I really have a feeling Favre might retire from the game again. If that happens that move in itself sets that team back for years! That's why I laughed when he signed with them in the first place. Say what you want about Pennington, but he's leading the 1-15 Dolphins of last year into the playoffs this year.....

Set back for years? The jests can sign JP next year.... :)

Checkout this article:

Will the jests play for mangina?

Is the compensation the JEts have to give to the Packers impacted by whether or not the Jets make the playoffs. I recall a variable compensation structure, but don't recall the specific details other than a first rounder if Jets make it to the Superbowl and clauses based on number of snaps, etc.

The New York Jets acquire Brett Favre. The Packers get a fourth round pick if Brett plays under 50% of the snaps in 2008. If Favre plays over 50% of the snaps it becomes a third round pick. If Favre plays 70% of the snaps and makes the playoffs it becomes a second round pick and If the Favre plays 80% of the snaps and the Jets make the superbowl it becomes a first round pick. However, there is one more clause:

If Favre is traded to the Vikings, the Jets owe the Packers three first round picks.

NJ Bretts Trade Details

I might just have to do that myself...shortly before I convulse myself into a coma.

After all the respect I lost for Favre this year and how much I can't stand the Jets and Patriots*, Miami winning the division might just be what I'd root for. :)

... and if any newbie fans wonder why old timers are more disgusted about this season than any other in Bills' history...