I say KEEP Dick Jauron

Corp000085

I started this thread a few days ago and have gotten some good input in it. Let me clarify myself: DJ has sucked goat balls as a head coach. He has had some success throughout his 3 years here, but all in all, he sucks. HOWEVER, keeping DJ and restructuring the football department would be light years ahead of firing everyone and starting over from scratch. The only way I could see DJ being fired is if they could score a championship caliber coach like cower, holmgren, or even billick. My opinion could change today though. I don't really know if i can go through another gutless performance today.

You mean the 18 of his 20 wins in Buffalo that were against the NFL's worst teams? Is that the "some success" you're talking about?

Dick sees NFL football as something that is very hard, he clearly is good at psyching himself and his team out when they play teams with winning records. Do you think that Miami's rookie head coach with a completely reshuffled roster and his team coming off an 1-15 season kept harping on how hard football is? How hard it is to win? Then add in the fact that Dick Jauron is genuine baffoon on gamedays. You're insane if you think that keeping Jauron here is light years ahead of finding a new head coach. A monkey has better football instincts than Dick Jauron.

You have got to be kidding me. :wallbash:

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 3-11

Jacksonville Jaguars 5-9

OAKLAND RAIDERS 3-11

St. Louis Rams 2-12

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS 6-8

This team was not even close to being a middle of the road team.

I think a record in the middle of everybody else makes us a middle of the road team--has nothing to do with who we beat.

I think a record in the middle of everybody else makes us a middle of the road team--has nothing to do with who we beat.

:wallbash: I'll try to type slow so you can understand this. This team is 1-7 in their last 8 games. That's 1 win and 7 losses. They have lost 4 games in a row at home. They are 0-5 against division opponents. That' NO wins and 5 losses. The fact that they started the season 5-1 against teams that turned out to be FAR WORSE than anyone could have imagined, doesn't make them a middle of the road team. :lol:

Now he has what I would consider a monumental collapse on his resume. From 5-1 to most likely 6-10? Lost 9 of 10 to finish the season?

That's the big key, IMO. My feeling on Dicky J was that he always kept the team playing hard and together, and with some time and more talent acquisition, he could be successful. Never before had he lost a team.

Now he has. Bye, bye, Dick.

I may only be playing the devil's advocate here, but after a few days of thinking, but I truly believe the Bills simply cannot fire DJ and be successful next year. Now, the coordinators, that's another story. I believe that DJ has sucked this year as a head coach, but it would far far worse for the franchise to start over than it would be to have a sucky head coach. Ralph needs to invest in some strong coordinators and hire a GM to run the football operations. They do not need a micromanager type in Donahoe, but they do need someone to run a wise draft and to check ralph wilson when he wants to draft some random running back. Jauron CAN be successful, and to some extent, he was earlier this year. Why did the wheels fall off? Was it DJ simply being a bad head coach? Was it DJ allowing too much power to his coordinators? Was it DJ taking orders from ralph himself? Nobody really knows. All that matters is that it gets fixed in the off season. Remember, back in september, this was arguably the best team in the league. You can't start over from scratch next year. A major overhaul, yes, but canning DJ is not the answer.

so if Dick stays, who is going to hire the new coordintors??

the same Dick that has never hired a successful offensive coordinator in his NFL coaching life?? (well- maybe offensive, but not very good)

or maybe the coordiantors are OK, it's just that Dick meddles too much??

either way - having Dick involved is a recipe for continuing ineptness