Bills Wagon Crashes in snow,thousands lift wagon to safety.

DIE HARD 1967

I will keep this real short and you will need to read between the lines on some of the problems and use experience as a fan to better understand the problems. You guys are smart, well, most of you anyway....lol.

I spend most of my time reading your threads, and I understand the issues. But we have a few problems here. The problem is, some of you are right, and some of you are wrong. THE WAGON HAS CRASHED, AND EVERYONE WANTS TO SAVE IT!

Thousands of you have the answers, and you want to raise the Bills wagon to safety, God bless you!

Here is the problem, and it never changes from one year to the next.

THE PROBLEM IS, SOME OF US ARE MORE PATIENT THEN OTHERS, SOME OF US WOULD RATHER SPEND THE AFTERNOON AT THE DENTIST THEN EXPERIENCE ANOTHER REBUILDING PROJECT, SOME ENJOY THE BLAME GAME AND OTHERS GENERALIZE PROBLEMS THAT PLACE RALPH WILSON IN THE SPOTLIGHT AS A CHEAP, INFLEXIBLE OWNER TOO OLD TO ADDRESS THE TRUE ISSUES, BUT MOST OF YOU ARE JUST PLAIN AGGRAVATED AND ARE WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me because I understand the above.

Most fans are just plain frustrated, we started the season 4-0 and missing the playoffs is totally unexceptionable. We missed a golden opportunity to cash in on a weak, I said weak AFC-EAST. New England, an aging Bradyless football team is simply AVERAGE. The Jets have Brett Farve, but barely beat the the Bills with J.P. Losman at quarterback, and the Miami Dolphins, a horrible team last year and now could make the playoffs with Chad Pennington at quarterback.

I understand the problems but I am not going to make it easy on you, just answer the questions and draw your own conclusions.

#1 When was the last time the defense won a game all by themselves for the Bills? Shut some team down and dominated?

#2 How is Buffalo's pass rush effecting the secondary?

#3 How well has the coaching staff prepared the team for division games and weaker teams like the Rams, Browns and 49er's? When the Bills lost the easy games, how did this effect the locker room?

#4 Buffalo needed a tough Physical WR and drafted one in James Hardy, was he ready to contribute?

#5 Has the Offensive line become the strength of the team, or have they failed to generate a consistent running attack?

#6 This is a big one, How much help did Dick Jauron receive in filling glaring holes in the lineup after players were injured?

How do the Patriots always find these veterans nearly out of football, plug them in, and move forward? How does the Patriots get a player like Randy Moss for a 3rd round selection in the draft? Are they just lucky??? How do the Patriots attract players?

#7 When opposing teams game plan for the Bills, what player on Defense for the Bills can disrupt any game plan and destroy any chance of winning? I remember this guy.....oh, what was his name? Ah, Bruce something....ah?

#8 How many top NFL coaches want to coach in Buffalo with Ralph Wilson as owner? Will this great new head coach have any control in solving problems?

#9 How can you possibly evaluate talent, if you hate the coaching staff ? I find it impossible! Could it be the players have more talent then you give them credit for, but the coaching staff is incapable of coaching them properly?

#10 How many Buffalo Bills players really want to be in Buffalo, and how many clearly want out of town?

Does this effect the locker room? Has Lee Evans really given up on his endorsement of J.P. Losman, or has he been told to keep his mouth shut?

I hope I have helped you identify some of the problems, now answer me this.

Who in the front office is capable of fixing the problems the way Bill Parcells did for the Dolphins?

Will the Dophins just steal the division next year with sound decision making by Bill Parcells while the rest of the AFC-East watches in horror?

Its time to lift the wagon to safety, grab the fender and lift. You older guys can watch and supervise the project!

Sorry, I tried to keep it short but failed miserably, lol.

- Die Hard 1967

I will keep this real short and you will need to read between the lines on some of the problems and use experience as a fan to better understand the problems. You guys are smart, well, most of you anyway....lol.

I spend most of my time reading your threads, and I understand the issues. But we have a few problems here. The problem is, some of you are right, and some of you are wrong. THE WAGON HAS CRASHED, AND EVERYONE WANTS TO SAVE IT!

Thousands of you have the answers, and you want to raise the Bills wagon to safety, God bless you!

Here is the problem, and it never changes from one year to the next.

THE PROBLEM IS, SOME OF US ARE MORE PATIENT THEN OTHERS, SOME OF US WOULD RATHER SPEND THE AFTERNOON AT THE DENTIST THEN EXPERIENCE ANOTHER REBUILDING PROJECT, SOME ENJOY THE BLAME GAME AND OTHERS GENERALIZE PROBLEMS THAT PLACE RALPH WILSON IN THE SPOTLIGHT AS CHEAP, INFLEXIBLE OWNER TOO OLD TO ADDRESS THE TRUE ISSUES, BUT MOST OF YOU ARE JUST PLAIN AGGRAVATED AND ARE WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING.

Most fans are just plain frustrated, we started the season 4-0 and missing the playoffs is totally unexceptionable. We missed a golden opportunity to cash in on a weak, I said weak AFC-EAST. New England, an aging Bradyless football team is simply AVERAGE. The Jets have Brett Farve, but barely beat the the Bills with J.P. Losman at quarterback, and the Miami Dolphins, a horrible team last year and now could make the playoffs with Chad Pennington at quarterback.

I understand the problems but I am not going to make it easy on you, just answer the questions and draw your own conclusions.

#1 When was the last time the defense won a game all by themselves for the Bills? Shut some team down and dominated? I cant honestly remember a game when they did that. Offense dont help matters thats for sure.

#2 How is Buffalo's pass rush effecting the secondary? Badly, secondary can only be as good as the guys in front of them, and when the guys in front are no good, neither is everyone behind them.

#3 How well has the coaching staff prepared the team for division games and weaker teams like the Rams, Browns and 49er's? When the Bills lost the easy games, how did this effect the locker room? Poor preperations, bad play calling all the way around.

#4 Buffalo needed a tough Physical WR and drafted one in James Hardy, was he ready to contribute? Ive been harsh on him, I still think we can give him another couple years, but we should have got one via FA.

#5 Has the Offensive line become the strength of the team, or have they failed to generate a consistent running attack? Both, failed to generate a rushing attack for several weeks, but have come on as of late.

#6 This is a big one, How much help did Dick Jauron receive in filling glaring holes in the lineup after players were injured?

How do the Patriots always find these veterans nearly out of football, plug them in, and move forward? How does the Patriots get a player like Randy Moss for a 3rd round selection in the draft? Are they just lucky??? How do the Patriots attract players? Thats a huge question mark and I ask the same thing, having a winning organization with a good staff helps things, players look at that when they sign places.

#7 When opposing teams game plan for the Bills, what player on Defense for the Bills can disrupt any game plan and destroy any chance of winning? I remember this guy.....oh, what was his name? Ah, Bruce something....ah? They have noone to game plan for, Maybe Stroud, but thats pushing it, we need more play makers on defense.

#8 How many top NFL coaches want to coach in Buffalo with Ralph Wilson as owner? Will this great new head coach have any control in solving problems? NONE......simple as that.

#9 How can you possibly evaluate talent, if you hate the coaching staff ? I find it impossible! Could it be the players have more talent then you give them credit for, but the coaching staff is incapable of coaching them properly? We have talent, just cant get talent the football, poor coaching is the reason we dont see our true talent, ive seen good coaches win with less talent then the Bills, Dolphins are one of them.......

#10 How many Buffalo Bills players really want to be in Buffalo, and how many clearly want out of town?

Does this effect the locker room? Has Lee Evans really given up on his endorsement of J.P. Losman, or has he been told to keep his mouth shut? One of my biggest fears is seeing Lynch want outta Buffalo, I really do see another McGahee type situation with him.......

I hope I have helped you identify some of the problems, now answer me this.

Who in the front office is capable of fixing the problems the way Bill Parcells did for the Dolphins?

Will the Dophins just steal the division next year with sound decision making by Bill Parcells while the rest of the AFC-East watches in horror?

Its time to lift the wagon to safety, grab the fender and lift. You older guys can watch and supervise the project!

Sorry, I tried to keep it short but failed miserably, lol.

- Die Hard 1967

#1 When was the last time the defense won a game all by themselves for the Bills? Shut some team down and dominated?

The defense has improved in certain areas but they're still not good enough to completely shut down a team and steal a game for us. Plus, it doesn't help that we have an anemic offense.

#2 How is Buffalo's pass rush effecting the secondary?

What pass rush?

#3 How well has the coaching staff prepared the team for division games and weaker teams like the Rams, Browns and 49er's? When the Bills lost the easy games, how did this effect the locker room?

Not well prepared at all. Jauron does not have these guys practicing enough in mini-camps, training camps and during the week before the game.

I'm sure all the guys were deflated knowing they lost to a team that they should of beat.

#4 Buffalo needed a tough Physical WR and drafted one in James Hardy, was he ready to contribute?

No. Banking on a rookie WR to have a major impact was a big mistake. I'm glad they drafted Hardy and Steve Johnson as well, but to help a 2nd year QB, the Bills FO should of brought in a veteran WR even if it was for a 2-3 year period until Hardy & Johnson were ready. It usually takes 2-3 years, sometimes 4 for a WR to become a good player.

#5 Has the Offensive line become the strength of the team, or have they failed to generate a consistent running attack?

With Peters holding out, it hurt the consistency of the O-Line. The line looked good in the season opener minus Peters and they should of sat his butt out for at least 4 games until he was ready. Peters is undeserving of the Pro-bowl this year.

How do the Patriots always find these veterans nearly out of football, plug them in, and move forward? How does the Patriots get a player like Randy Moss for a 3rd round selection in the draft? Are they just lucky??? How do the Patriots attract players?

Not much but that falls on management to get him the players.

Mr. Kraft has shown a committment to excellence to the Patriots players & fans. Look at us back in the 90's during the "Glory Years", you know a bunch of players would of loved to have played here. Players want to go to a winning team and a team that is committed to winning.

#7 When opposing teams game plan for the Bills, what player on Defense for the Bills can disrupt any game plan and destroy any chance of winning? I remember this guy.....oh, what was his name? Ah, Bruce something....ah?

People say Schobel but I feel he is overrated and overpaid. We don't have a gamebreaker on defense right now.

#8 How many top NFL coaches want to coach in Buffalo with Ralph Wilson as owner? Will this great new head coach have any control in solving problems?

Not many.

It depends on how Ralph feels. Does Ralph really want to have a championship caliber team or a team that looks good enough on paper to attract the fans? Otherwise, I doubt any new coach will have much success with this team.

#9 How can you possibly evaluate talent, if you hate the coaching staff ? I find it impossible! Could it be the players have more talent then you give them credit for, but the coaching staff is incapable of coaching them properly?

I'm sure an overwhelming majority here did not like the hiring of Jauron as HC. You have a good point though, maybe if we ever get a good coach then we can answer that question.

Does this effect the locker room? Has Lee Evans really given up on his endorsement of J.P. Losman, or has he been told to keep his mouth shut?

I'm sure a lot of the players love us fans because we're die-hards and support the hell out of them, but I know they have to get tired of losing and not making the playoffs.

Who knows the answer of the Evans endorsement, I know he's happy about his big contract extension but can't be happy with the way the offense has turned out this year.

No one currently. Maybe Schottenheimer?

Will the Dolphins just steal the division next year with sound decision making by Bill Parcells while the rest of the AFC-East watches in horror?

I'm sure they will with the Pats on their doorstep.

- Die Hard 1967

Die Hard......I wish I could find the post back when the Dolphins got Parcells, and I called the move brilliant for the Dolphins and I was bashed up and down, left and right.......Man I wish I could find that thread.....

I knew once they got Parcells, that team had a different attitude. Its really amazing what 1 person can do to a team leadership and attitude wise. I think even with Brady back next season Dolphins will still compete for the division.

The one thing I cant wait to happen is when Favre decides to retire a 2nd time, tell me how bad that will set back the Jets....One of the reasons im glad we didnt get Favre.....

THE PROBLEM IS, SOME OF US ARE MORE PATIENT THEN OTHERS, SOME OF US WOULD RATHER SPEND THE AFTERNOON AT THE DENTIST THEN EXPERIENCE ANOTHER REBUILDING PROJECT, SOME ENJOY THE BLAME GAME AND OTHERS GENERALIZE PROBLEMS THAT PLACE RALPH WILSON IN THE SPOTLIGHT AS A CHEAP, INFLEXIBLE OWNER TOO OLD TO ADDRESS THE TRUE ISSUES, BUT MOST OF YOU ARE JUST PLAIN AGGRAVATED AND ARE WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING.

- Die Hard 1967

Thank you for your post - I believe the problem in Buffalo centers primarily around one issue - we need to either develop or acquire an NFL caliber QB. I am not naive enough to suggest that a QB does it alone but it starts there. Does anyone believe the Fins would have the record they do without Chad P playing beyond himself? Not to mention that while Faurve leads the league in interceptions he was a huge upgrade for them.

Buffalo can only hope that Trent Edwards is the real deal and that he stays healthy enough to prove it.

Good posting; QB is the underlying problem to our poor performances. I haven't the foggiest notion of what to do. Maybe when Pennington became available we should have jumped on him. But that's history. Seems like we have to try the cycle again and draft someone and go through the pains of development.

Good posting; QB is the underlying problem to our poor performances. I haven't the foggiest notion of what to do. Maybe when Pennington became available we should have jumped on him. But that's history. Seems like we have to try the cycle again and draft someone and go through the pains of development.

I would feel better if we had a VP like Parcells