(OT) Biggest Baseball Shocker In History

Rico

(OT) Biggest Baseball Shocker  

31 members have voted

1. 1. (OT) Biggest Baseball Shocker

• 1969 Mets win a World Series
    • 2004 Red Sox win a World Series

Gotta be the Amazin's. OK, beating the Yankees after being down 0-3 ranks as a great comeback, but Bawstahn had the team to do it with. (Heck, the only shocker I can think of about the Sox is how FEW World Series they've made it to, considering some of the Hall of Fame players they've had over the years.)

'69 Mets = '80 USA hockey for the pure element of surprise. You realize they'd never even had a winning season before that year? That they'd finished 24 games behind the Cardinals (and 1 game out of last place) in 1968?

Just my opinion..... no comparison.

They are running up short now because they haven't developed any of their own young pitching in years and are signing the big bats instead of role players like Brosius and O'Neill. 

I couldnt agree more...Yankees payroll is going through the roof but yet the team has more holes now then it did in the late 90's..$teinbrenner has become enamored with acquiring the high profile stars.its so obvious to me that the yankees were built on names right now and the Sox have that look of a team that was built to succeed, they had all the chips in place this year....if George does not curtail these moves, and start building from within again...I wouldnt be shocked if the Yankees become similar to the New York Rangers. Mark it down.