Some good stats

Jerry Jabber

Here are some good stats, Marshawn Lynch is tied for 10th in rushing with 1,002. But the one I really like is seeing our old buddy Trash at #36. I got so sick of hearing from people (especially the non-Bills fans) at what a great RB McGahee was in college and it was our O-Line's fault for him not being successful here in Buffalo. I'm just glad that Trash was able to continue to live off his college career long enough for us to dump him and get 3 picks from the Ravens for his sorry ass.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tab...mp;d-447263-n=1

When I look at Marshawn, he could have the same stats as Turner this year if he had the carries.

Marshawn: 4.2/carry - 17 carries/game 7 TDs

Turner: 4.3/carry - 23 carries/game 15 TDs

As a team:

Falcons: 35 attempts/game (2nd most in NFL) - 4.2yds/attempt

Bills: 27 attempts/game (15th in NFL) - 4.2yds/attempt

We need to run more. Think of the times when we were in the red zone and opted to pass and kick field goals instead of running Marshawn. The difference between the success the Falcons had and the lack of success that we've had was the number of carries that they give to their playmaker.

I think next year the offense will be more Lynch and less everything else........

Either Trent and the passing offense needs to get a whole lot better, or we need to run more. It's as simple as that. Marshawn won't get 5yds/carry like AP, but he'll get his yards if you give him the carries.

Two years in the league, two 1000yd+ seasons, career avg. of 4.1yds/carry, and 65 catches for about more 500yds is proof enough for me to leverage his talents a little more. Not to mention, 2 fumbles lost.

When I look at Marshawn, he could have the same stats as Turner this year if he had the carries.

Marshawn: 4.2/carry - 17 carries/game 7 TDs

Turner: 4.3/carry - 23 carries/game 15 TDs

As a team:

Falcons: 35 attempts/game (2nd most in NFL) - 4.2yds/attempt

Bills: 27 attempts/game (15th in NFL) - 4.2yds/attempt

We need to run more. Think of the times when we were in the red zone and opted to pass and kick field goals instead of running Marshawn. The difference between the success the Falcons had and the lack of success that we've had was the number of carries that they give to their playmaker.

No disrespect to the poster, but this is proof positive that stats can be made to say whatever you want...

No disrespect to the poster, but this is proof positive that stats can be made to say whatever you want...

How? I think he makes a good point. Lynch and Turner have had relatively the same amount of success running with the ball, and yet the Falcons trust Turner more to carry the offense than we do Lynch, and thus their team has fared better. I wouldn't really say he was manipulating statistics there.

Thats not really a good argument to why we shouldn't run Lynch more. I haven't seen anything that would convince me that if we had run the ball more this season, we wouldn't have had more success than we did.