Trent Edwards..

jms62

Is simply not physically tough enough to be a number 1 QB in the NFL. He has missed significant time every season dating back to High School. Any team that would make him there franchise deserves what is coming to them. I do not give a ratz ass about all the "tools" he has or what Bill Walsh has said. You can't use the tools if you can't find the field...

That's why the #2 QB position is so important.

Thankfully, JP is a great #2 QB. Great at sucking, that is.

Is simply not physically tough enough to be a number 1 QB in the NFL. He has missed significant time every season dating back to High School. Any team that would make him there franchise deserves what is coming to them. I do not give a ratz ass about all the "tools" he has or what Bill Walsh has said. You can't use the tools if you can't find the field...

Let me be the Defense attorney here...

Trent was on a horrible College football team and was sacked or hit on nearly every play. I went back to read pre draft scouting reports and many said he was lucky to still be alive.

The NFL is loaded with QB's said to be too fragile, Chad Pennigton, Eli Manning, Drew Breese, Chris Sims etc.

The smart QB's learn to play the game with less contact, and players like Dan Marino, Steve Young, John Elway simply threw the ball to the turf without stalling drives

Trent is a smart QB, and I am sure he will adjust his game.

Buffalo fans always want a LB for a QB...... and the toughest QB's available still get injured every week.

Vince Young and Daunte Cullpepper were considered tough guys, and look what happened to them.

Paul Poslusny is conidered a tough guy, yet he still broke his forearm last season. Big is not always better.

I always believed Jack Kemp was a fragile QB, yet he took Buffalo to 2 AFL championships

Trent was on a horrible College football team and was sacked or hit on nearly every play. I went back to read pre draft scouting reports and many said he was lucky to still be alive.

The NFL is loaded with QB's said to be too fragile, Chad Pennigton, Eli Manning, Drew Breese, Chris Sims etc.

The smart QB's learn to play the game with less contact, and players like Dan Marino, Steve Young, John Elway simply threw the ball to the turf without stalling drives

Buffalo fans always want a LB for a QB...... and the toughest QB's available still get injured every week.

Vince Young and Daute Cullpepper were considered tough guys, and look what happened to them.

So you watch Trent and you see Pennington, E Manning, Brees, Marino, Young and Elway? You left out Unitas.

I will give you that from an ability and durability standpoint Chris Sims is a valid comparison, so you are 1 for 7.

Vince Young and Daute Cullpepper were considered tough guys, and look what happened to them.

Paul Poslusny is conidered a tough guy, yet he still broke his forearm last season. Big is not always better.

I always believed Jack Kemp was a fragile QB but he took Buffalo to 2 AFL championships

When something happens for 6 years in a row even the most loyal supporters would have to admit it is a disturbing trend. I do not question Trent Edwards abilities or his heart as some of the injuries he faced in college where very serious.. I've been close to the situation as I have a relative that played with him in college.. His skills or heart have never been of question... My opinion and my opinion only is he simply is way too fragile and you can't plan a franchise around someone that misses significant time each and every year. The number 2 QB is always important but you can not plan your offense around the fact that you know for certain that your number 2 will see significant playing time each and every year.

Probably because we had one for 11 years that took us to the playoffs almost every year and 4 Superbowls.

I don't mind a LB for a QB, as long as he's smart enough to know he always can't dive for the first down, a la a 38-year-old Elway in Superbowl XXXII.

We know Trent is a smart guy, but we don't know what he can do with proper coaching. I honestly thought he was on the right track last year and early this year, but his slump in the middle of the season told me he was trying to get out of it with little help from the staff.

Are we now saying Trent Edwards = Timmy Connolly without talent??????? <_<:lol:

It's a good comparison. They do play different sports but one has shown ability and frustrated fans while the other puts us out of our misery in the 1st quarter rather than the 4th.

It's a good comparison. They do play different sports but one has shown ability and frustrated fans while the other puts us out of our misery in the 1st quarter rather than the 4th.

Astute observation, crayonz. You can't make a 4th quarter come-back if you're winning. Trent Edwards...the "bring the team back to lose within three after throwing four picks in the first half" kid. There isn't a prevent defense in the league that he can't torch and come up just short against.

Astute observation, crayonz. You can't make a 4th quarter come-back if you're winning. Trent Edwards...the "bring the team back to lose within three after throwing four picks in the first half" kid. There isn't a prevent defense in the league that he can't torch and come up just short against.

Plus, Connolly has little 4th quarter opportunity.