just reported-

letswinbills

The story of the extension has been out there for over 24 hours now and the Bills haven't denied it. Someone full of optimism could still cling to the hope that it isn't true, but as Bills fans we already know it is. There is no Santa Claus. Uncle Bob was in jail and not a CIA spy like your parents told you. Dick Jauron signed an extension.

Couldn't have said it better myself. You can't make this s <_< t up. :lol:

To say they are honoring it could simply mean they are not going to try to pull an Al Davis or a RW (see Wade Phillips) and pay him for the next two years but still fire him. Unless they clearly have told DJ he's not coming back, what else could they say.

Exactly...

I could be wrong...BUT...It just seems to Me if the Bills were sure they were bringing Dead Dick back they would have told the Press already...Does anyone think they actually WANT to answer these questions over and over again...At the same time, they want DJ to finish out the Season...If they said He was gone right now they know it would not go over well with some of the Players...So not commenting is about all they can do right now...And saying they will honor His Contract only assures they will pay him...That's all... <_<

Exactly...

I could be wrong...BUT...It just seems to Me if the Bills were sure they were bringing Dead Dick back they would have told the Press already...Does anyone think they actually WANT to answer these questions over and over again...At the same time, they want DJ to finish out the Season...If they said He was gone right now they know it would not go over well with some of the Players...So not commenting is about all they can do right now...And saying they will honor His Contract only assures they will pay him...That's all... <_<

I was thinking the exact same thing. I still highly doubt he will be the coach in 2009, but I do believe he will be getting paid to be. The Bills can be incompetent, but the beauty of having a marketing guy up front is that he can communicate better than anyone the value of a product we don't despise. Loving the Bills has been tough, but I am getting indifferent and that is a tough place to be.

Why doesn't this mean he hasn't signed it yet?

The Buffalo Bills' fast start reportedly has earned coach Dick Jauron a three-year contract extension.

The NFL Network reported Sunday that Jauron and the Bills have agreed to a three-year extension that will keep the coach in Buffalo through the 2011 season.

Jauron, who entered this season in the final year of his initial contract with the team, has the Bills tied atop the AFC East with a 5-2 record after Sunday's 25-16 loss to the Miami Dolphins.

I know it doesn't technically say it was signed but I can't think of one contract that wasn't signed within a week after being negotiated.

I'm gonna catch some flack for this, but I can think of another Buffalo sports contract that was supposedly negotiated and agreed to and never signed, and happened to the Buffalo Sabres... <_<