Did you just hear Keyshawn...

Alphadawg7

Yeah, would have been nice, but if you look at around at the Journeyman that signed places, they all got more money than they were worth...ask Jacksonville and Miami about that one...lol.

Wasnt a lot to choose from that was better than we had or could get in the draft. I definitely didnt expect Hardy to be a monster impact this year, although I will admit I expected more than we got from him, thats for sure. The coaching staff is really high on him still, at least they claim to be, so who knows what next year brings. Personally, I think Johnson emerges as the eventual #2 either during preseason or sometime during the season.

Then again, unless we get a QB to get these guys the ball, none of them are gonna develop or at least appear to develop. Even when Trent was doing ok he wasnt pushing the ball down field much...which is why I am not too high on him at this point when you add that into how fragile he has been his entire football life, and how bad his swagger and confidence dipped when he struggled. Dont get me wrong, I hope he rebounds and develops just like I will root for any of our guys to, but I just am not that optimistic after what I have seen this year.

I never said he's been fragile, I just said his confidence was shaken this season, especially in the Cleveland game. Edwards took a beating in college. Like you, I hope Edwards rebounds in 09'. I think a lot of us got very high hopes on Edwards after we were 5-1, but we have to realize that he's just a 2nd year QB and we're gonna go through some growing pains with him.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said he's been fragile, I just said his confidence was shaken this season, especially in the Cleveland game. Edwards took a beating in college. Like you, I hope Edwards rebounds in 09'. I think a lot of us got very high hopes on Edwards after we were 5-1, but we have to realize that he's just a 2nd year string QB and we're gonna go through some growing pains with him.

There. Fixed it for you.

I never said he's been fragile, I just said his confidence was shaken this season, especially in the Cleveland game. Edwards took a beating in college. Like you, I hope Edwards rebounds in 09'. I think a lot of us got very high hopes on Edwards after we were 5-1, but we have to realize that he's just a 2nd year QB and we're gonna go through some growing pains with him.

Im saying hes fragile...hes been hurt at every level of football and it was one of his knocks coming out of college. Even if he starts to develop better I just dont trust him to finish the season.

Again, I hope he proves he can lead this team and stay on the field if we keep him as our starter. I still wear his jersey every Sunday in support. I just am not as optimistic as I was about this kid. My 2 biggest concerns are this:

1. Can he stay off the injury report?

2. His ability to handle adversity. I am TOTALLY OK with him struggling as he is just a 2nd year QB as you pointed out. I know there will be growing pains. My real concern though is how he responded. He was afraid to let the ball go. The greats battle through it and keep slinging the ball, but he looked so afraid to throw a bad pass that he wouldnt throw a pass at all or dump it off for 3 yards. Our line was giving him all day to throw, and replays would show we had guys open, he just didnt let the ball go. So to me, it looked like he was doubting himself, and that's what concerns me.

If he is our guy next year, then I will rally around him and hope he shakes it off...I am just not as optimistic as I once was...