QB options for 2009?

dgwalsh

While id love to see McNabb in Buffalo, I still think with the right staff and some other players around Edwards he will be a good QB in this league.

I'm with you on Edwards, but you know that he's going down at some point with an injury next year. Then what? We're screwed unless you get someone with some experience in there....or...

One angle (and not a good one) - Anderson had last year's run to put him on the map and Quinn was the rookie in waiting. Do you think the Bills will consider a 1st or 2nd round draft pick over a veteran to back up Edwards? Edwards was no where near Anderson of last year, but let's remember that in week 6 Edwards was one of the better league QBs, and in week 4 he was a legit MVP candidate.

That's all fine and well, but the Bills are still gonna need someone to play the other 8-12 games that Edwards will sit out with his incessant injuries.

Oh I understand that......thats a great point. But most of his injuries happen when Jason Peters and a few other OL forgot to block and defenders had clean hits. But I do understand your point. Like I said im all for McNabb coming here.......

Oh I understand that......thats a great point. But most of his injuries happen when Jason Peters and a few other OL forgot to block and defenders had clean hits. But I do understand your point. Like I said im all for McNabb coming here.......

Good point about PayMe Peters too - let's back the Brinks truck up to his house and get him locked-up for the rest of this career.

The Bills clearly need to add a starter caliber QB to the roster in the offseason.

Losman is gone, there is no way that his re-signing should be even considered. It's both in his and the team's best interests.

Hamdan is not a serious solution, as has been demonstrated by the coaching staff's unwillingness to play him.

And Edwards' play has been worrisome, to say the least. It's not clear that he'll recover his form, and it's not clear that even if he is able to turn it around, that he's the long-term answer.

The Bills should go all out and shoot for maximum potential because the QB position is still clearly open for improvement. And hopefully they'll make an investment in protecting whoever the QB in 2009 is as well. This team has a serviceable, though young defense. So go all out in an attempt to re-build the offense.

Absolutely. There's no way in hell Edwards should have the starting job handed to him next year. He simply has not earned it.

I heard Mcnabb might hit the market. Anybody would be stupid not to touch that, I also heard that Hasselbeck might too. If either of those to do i say we pick them up. we could either name Edwards a number 2, which would be tough after a year and a half as the starter, or put him on the trade block with parrish or kelsey and pick up maybe a second rounder and get a young qb there.

just some thoughts.

realistically we will be back here with Edwards and Jauron. Go about 8-8, missing the playoffs because some jackoff 2nd stringer had to play 6 games because Trent got hurt again.

Are you smoking something? Ralph would never pay McNabb, and he doesn't bring much leadership with him, more moping and stuping comments to the press. We have probably the 2 most exciting return men in the AFC with Parrish and McKelvin, and want to trade Parrish? Why not get rid of all 4 or 5 players that actually had highlight real plays this year-if there were that many.

Are you smoking something? Ralph would never pay McNabb, and he doesn't bring much leadership with him, more moping and stuping comments to the press. We have probably the 2 most exciting return men in the AFC with Parrish and McKelvin, and want to trade Parrish? Why not get rid of all 4 or 5 players that actually had highlight real plays this year-if there were that many.

I'm with you. McNabb is a step up in talent but isn't the answer, and Parrish/McKelvin are game-changers and impact niche players with promise.

As for a Vet - I'm not talking about a Kelly Holcomb-like Vet either. So, do we draft a QB and develop or shoot for a Grade A or B+ QB to compete? We need one or the other...