I honestly cannot believe what I just read

Rubes

yeah, our coaching staff might have some bright guys, but there is a big difference about being smart with x's and o's on a chalkboard during weekly prep meetings, which they usually do a very good job of, and actually knowing when to use plays and when they will have a good chance of succeeding against a team. That is where our coaching staff fails miserably. They call plays with no specific rhyme or reason seemingly. They don't have anything they are trying to attack on a defense. They just call a play here, a play there, if it works then great, if not then just call another play. No plan of action, just call whatever on a whim...

Could it be that a coach who has been negotiating an extension all season is somewhat distracted?!? Because it sure seems like Jauron's mind is elsewhere during games.

Jauron admits to mistakes because he doesn't want the players to have to take all the heat. I've been calling for Jauron to lose his job because of his full body of work, but I don't believe the decision to throw in that position was stupid. If the Jets are expecting run, a pass could secure a first down with high probability and lock away the game in one play. The alternative is possibly punting the ball back to Farve with a minute to go. Does anyone remember the end of the first half?

JP held on to the ball too long and didn't play safe football. He had more than enough time and made a critical blunder. The outcome was incredibly unlikely and you can't blame Jauron for Losman's screw-up. A coach has to trust his QB to make simple plays. It was JP's failure, not Jauron's.

And for all the flak that Turk's been getting lately, I'm surprised more people aren't applauding taking the decision-making process out of his hands.

The real problem here is that game in and game out, Jauron and the Staff are completely unprepared coming out of a time out. Look back at the time outs the Bills have called, or the other team for that matter. The play calling is completely ridiculous on both sides of the ball. Jauron and the Staff are clueless when it comes to preparing this team week in and week out.

Amen :thumbsup:

ya i hope people in the football world can see why we have been barely losing so many close games the past couple of years... its not cuz we're cursed or we have bad luck or just suck..... its cuz this freakin coach gives the other team EVERY POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY to win the game. look at the Dallas game, just run and win...... nah, how about we go shotgun from other teams 10 yard line and throw the ball to them? lets pass with 2 mins left vs Denver in last years home opener cuz "the play was there" if they hit it.. o yea, we lost with time running out. man what a weird coincidence that other teams have JUST enough time at the end of every game for some reason. this douchbag is always saying they wanna give Lynch the ball 22-28 times a game yet hes only been in that total 2 times over the whole year. i really believe the average fan calling the plays would have had this team at 9-5 or even 10-4. dickie is a "special" little guy that can find a way to lose like no other.. now i cant wait til its his job he finds a way to lose at the end of the year!

i am not excusing jauron, who needs to be cut loose for any number of reasons, but good teams SPREAD the ball around. i want the ball to go to the fullback sometimes. but the players need to execute. losman should never ever ever be blindsided in that situation.

if everyone does their job that play goes for 15-20 yards and we are back to dreaming about playoff scenarios for a few minutes. the problem is there is no accountability on this team and even though guys always say the right thing. they are allowed to !@#$ and fail way to much. and as the kids are saying these days, that was an "epic fail."

Good teams also know when it's time to pound the rock and kill some clock, and which players they can trust at crunch time.

The only thing more perplexing to me is the number of people defending the playcall (not saying you, jester) even after Jauron came out and admitted it was a mistake and shouldn't have put a butterfingered backup QB in that situation.