Toast Whitner

bananathumb

Remember Pat Williams struggled the year the Bills cut ties with Ted Washington and when they switched to 4-3.

That's in your head only. Pat himself played fine the year after Ted Washington left. In fact, I remember posts from you back then stating that the Bills were correct in letting Pat Williams walk.

Determining whether or not a player is a disruptive force is a fairly straight forward exercise, as the truly disruptive players are great regardless of scheme. Pat Williams is one of those players. So is Ngata.

Even if we took your asinine example seriously and agreed that Pat Williams had an off-year when they switched over to a 4-3 (though the real reason is injury-related), he was absolutely dominating in the 2 years following in that 4-3 defense.

But you can go ahead and keep being a homer and justifying Whitner's sub-par play. Par for the course.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't expect anyone on this board to figure anything out that an announcer didn't point out to them, however, let me enlighten you. Because of the lack of depth at corner and the team's inability to bring in quality veteran depth, Whitner was playing cornerback in the nickle and dime packages and like most safeties, coverage isn't his strongsuit, especially when there is no pass rush.

Next lesson will be coming in twenty four hours.

Sorry, but this doesn't explain his lack of playmaking since he got here. Name me 3 impact plays he's made as a professional starter, please.

Crickets chirping .....

I've never seen a guy get so much love for "average" play and his biggest attribute...having meetings at his house. It is clear that the 9 year slide is causing some fans to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I don't see any difference between Whitner the rookie and Whitner the 3rd year player. If anything, his play has slipped from his rookie year.

I wont blame the entire loss on Whitner, but I will blame his for not being able to cover anyone who come into his zone. He was down right terrible yesterday, one of the worst games Ive seen him play....

But, is it cause the DL gets no pressure on the QB? I think its very possible. Overall I think we see better LB's & better CB's with a DL that gets pressure. The guys are only good as the guys in front of them....

Donte Whitner just isn't a very good player.

I don't care about where he was picked, who they could have gotten, the current state of the pass rush. Ask yourself if you think Donte Whitner is an impact player on defense... can you honestly answer yes?

I can't. He's just not that good. He should probably occupy some sort of back-up/spot duty/special packages role on an NFL roster.

Our safety situation is bleak. Whiter is bad, but Simpson is terrible.