Mike Schopp: The Up Front Incompetence

wardigital

Another week, another "I hate Mike Schopp" thread.

And yet, you keep listening. Maybe I'm weird this way, but if I find something I don't like, I try not to subject myself to continued exposure to same. Just a thought ...

I generally like Schopp. Today, though, it was almost as if he was blaming the loss on the folks calling in. A number of his remarks weren't just condescending (which usually amuses me); they were downright mean-spirited.

It's his job.

I do laugh at all the people whining about Schopp & The Bulldog, their abrasiveness keeps people listening. It's sports talk, something that easy to get sick of after a while. I enjoy hearing them two rip on callers, its entertaining.

I generally like Schopp. Today, though, it was almost as if he was blaming the loss on the folks calling in. A number of his remarks weren't just condescending (which usually amuses me); they were downright mean-spirited.

Yeah the condescending goes with the territory I think. I lived in NYC for years and Francesa was somewhat brutal to most of the callers, yet he was respectful in the fact that it was never personal. That's where this jackass crosses the line. Mean...and that's just wrong.

The media's job is to report the truth. When I read that this Schopp character is lambasting Alzheimer Ralph for not selling the team, and shining the spotlight on this team's futility where it belongs, on the meddling old jerk who doesn't hire people smarter than himself on PURPOSE (Ask Bill Polian why he was let go), then I'll start listening to this guy's show. But all I ever read about Schopp and the Bulldog's shows are comments about pandering to the powerful and attacking the powerless, and that's not journalism, that's ass licking.

I do laugh at all the people whining about Schopp & The Bulldog, their abrasiveness keeps people listening. It's sports talk, something that easy to get sick of after a while. I enjoy hearing them two rip on callers, its entertaining.

I hear you...for the most part, most of the callers are (A LOT) dumber that Schopp, so that makes it entertaining to begin with.