N,Y. sen. seat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh give a rest, Biden isn't an idiot... he just has a severe case of hoof in mouth disease... Palin has that and is an idiot.

Okay, so someone who continually says stupid shiiit and proves to be a major embarrassment isn't an idiot.

I have to remember; if you're a Republican and misspeak, it's idiocy and if you're a Democrat and misspeak, it's "rhetorical flourish." ;)

Okay, so someone who continually says stupid shiiit and proves to be a major embarrassment isn't an idiot.

I have to remember; if you're a Republican and misspeak, it's idiocy and if you're a Democrat and misspeak, it's "rhetorical flourish." ;)

Nice comeback.... I appreciate the effort even if you misrepresent the relative intelligence of the two... LOL

Nope, I didn't say that. Typical knuckle dragger twisting someone's words. No wonder Palin can't remember which news papers she read.... ??? Can any of you read up there, besides Darin???

I don't know what kind of Senator Kennedy (never commented one way or another on it) would make and I don't like the anointment. I just said don't compare her to Palin he can't remember which clothes are her's and can't answer simple questions with simple clear answers. Must be all that tundra weed you guys smoke up there... make you all sound like you are speaking in tongues.

Not sure what type of Senator she would make. I think she would be extreme, either wildly successful or a total disaster. I like the fact that she is not beholden to special interests right now. Could she fight for NY and be tough when necessary? Not sure.

Nope, I didn't say that. Typical knuckle dragger twisting someone's words. No wonder Palin can't remember which news papers she read.... ??? Can any of you read up there, besides Darin???

I don't know what kind of Senator Kennedy (never commented one way or another on it) would make and I don't like the anointment. I just said don't compare her to Palin he can't remember which clothes are her's and can't answer simple questions with simple clear answers. Must be all that tundra weed you guys smoke up there... make you all sound like you are speaking in tongues.

Libs always make it personal-no facts.

Waaaaa, but Biden said J-O-B-S and Obama says "ummmmm"!!!!!

Palin got crap because she was/is an idiot... Kennedy appears to be well spoken, understand how to deal with the press and has some dignity and understands, having been behind the scenes in a lot of politics, including within her family to at least know what is coming at her from the NY press.

That being said, I am not crazy about her being anointed because of her name.... Sounds like the Dems what to make sure they hold on to this Senate Seat and how better than a well known, well liked Candidate with a Kennedy last name....

P.S. Don't compare Palin to her... Palin gives Dan Quayle a bad name. :bag:

Seriously, what is so bad about Sarah Palin? While I don't want her running for President, she is a very impressive woman. She became the governor of Alaska by taking on corruption in her own party. I really don't want to have the "she's stupid" debate with you, but i would argue that she's accomplished much more with her life than that of Ms Kennedy without being born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

Seriously, what is so bad about Sarah Palin? While I don't want her running for President, she is a very impressive woman. She became the governor of Alaska by taking on corruption in her own party. I really don't want to have the "she's stupid" debate with you, but i would argue that she's accomplished much more with her life than that of Ms Kennedy without being born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

Look, I am not going to defend Kennedy... fact is other than charity and non-profit work, I don't know much about her. She has always appeared to be reasonable, able to articulate what she supported intelligently and stayed out of the fray and work behind the scenes to support whatever cause she was involved in. She has long been thought of as a behind the scenes mover in shaker when she had an interest, but I am not sure that is always good that she hasn't been in front of public scrutiny and had to deal with rough and tumble retail politics.

On the Palin front though, I have to give her credit, she dove right in. But in doing so, I don't think she was patient enough to understand the pitfalls of what she was getting into, nor was she a good listener when warned to temper her actions...

Taking on the so called corruption in her own party was and is both self-serving on her part and from what we have all read... hypocritical. She didn't give back the funds from the bridge to no-where but spent in other things, she obtained and accepted huge pork projects for Wasilla and though one could argue that she is only serving her constituents, she can't have it both ways... And the final known hypocrisy is her spending an obscene amount of money on cloths for her family and self in NYC and hasn't been or doesn't want to figure out what cloths she needs to return. This lends one to believe that her arrogance is headed down the road of a Blago.... hardly a reformers path.

Chris Shays was a reformer, even to an extent McCain, but I wouldn't call Palin one. How easy would it be to balance NY States budget with the kind of oil royalties the AK receives. Except NY would probably Tax the oil cos out of existence, but that is beside the point. Her state's windfall and lack of population makes it relatively easy to be a relatively absentee manager... AK seemed to run fine for the 4 months she was on the campaign trail.

So what is your point.

Let's not get carried away here. All she's really accomplished was getting 50% of the vote once while running as a Republican in one of the reddest states in the country. I don't know if that counts as an accomplishment for Palin or just an indication of the sheer ignorance of the Alaska populace.

Look, I am not going to defend Kennedy... fact is other than charity and non-profit work, I don't know much about her. She has always appeared to be reasonable, able to articulate what she supported intelligently and stayed out of the fray and work behind the scenes to support whatever cause she was involved in. She has long been thought of as a behind the scenes mover in shaker when she had an interest, but I am not sure that is always good that she hasn't been in front of public scrutiny and had to deal with rough and tumble retail politics.

On the Palin front though, I have to give her credit, she dove right in. But in doing so, I don't think she was patient enough to understand the pitfalls of what she was getting into, nor was she a good listener when warned to temper her actions...

Taking on the so called corruption in her own party was and is both self-serving on her part and from what we have all read... hypocritical. She didn't give back the funds from the bridge to no-where but spent in other things, she obtained and accepted huge pork projects for Wasilla and though one could argue that she is only serving her constituents, she can't have it both ways... And the final known hypocrisy is her spending an obscene amount of money on cloths for her family and self in NYC and hasn't been or doesn't want to figure out what cloths she needs to return. This lends one to believe that her arrogance is headed down the road of a Blago.... hardly a reformers path.

Chris Shays was a reformer, even to an extent McCain, but I wouldn't call Palin one. How easy would it be to balance NY States budget with the kind of oil royalties the AK receives. Except NY would probably Tax the oil cos out of existence, but that is beside the point. Her state's windfall and lack of population makes it relatively easy to be a relatively absentee manager... AK seemed to run fine for the 4 months she was on the campaign trail.

So what is your point.

"of public scrutiny and had to deal with rough and tumble retail politics. " Retail politcs? so that explains the cloths thing-shoud have gone to Wall-Mart.

Seems to me like a certain Governor of Illinois ran and won on taking on corruption. I am not saying Palin is corrupt, but what does "taking on corruption in her own party" MEAN exactly? That she's wiped it out? Didn't she support Ted Stevens? Didn't she also fly her family on the state's dime to events that they were invited to and then fudge her expense accounts? And etc.

Whoever replaces Clinton is for New Yorkers to deal with. The Constitution sets forth only very minimal requirements for our repesentatives, as the founding fathers believed that in a government "by the people", represntatives could and should come from "the people", not the "aristocracy". So if there are a bunch of incredibly stupid, incompetent corrupt or evil people in Congress the natural conclusion is that the American people got what they wanted...or if not, what they deserved.

"of public scrutiny and had to deal with rough and tumble retail politics. " Retail politcs? so that explains the cloths thing-shoud have gone to Wall-Mart.

Always the extremes Moriarty... you and the negative waves.... Not Walmart, but not Sachs or Anne Taylor in NYC either. There is a balance, but your posts show you don't get that either.

She (Caroline Kennedy) has always appeared to be reasonable, able to articulate what she supported intelligently and stayed out of the fray and work behind the scenes to support whatever cause she was involved in. She has long been thought of as a behind the scenes mover in shaker when she had an interest, but I am not sure that is always good that she hasn't been in front of public scrutiny and had to deal with rough and tumble retail politics.

Caroline Kennedy is so intellectually-challenged she toured Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo in a matter of 10 hours. She stayed one step ahead of the questions from the media because she sounds like a total (I'm being kind when I say) bore when she talks.

Her aides wouldn't let her take questions in Syracuse. What does that tell you??

I have a suspicion that she's kinda testing the waters herself...yeah she's campaigned some, but never on her OWN behalf. I don't think this tour is to sell others as much as to sell herself that it's what she really wants.

I have always thought that Cuomo would be the frontrunner and he's definitely got political experience. I guess you have to decide whether that's a skill that's needed to succesfully pull New York state out of the depths to which its sunk this past decade.

Caroline Kennedy is so intellectually-challenged she toured Syracuse, Rochester, and Buffalo in a matter of 10 hours. She stayed one step ahead of the questions from the media because she sounds like a total (I'm being kind when I say) bore when she talks.

Her aides wouldn't let her take questions in Syracuse. What does that tell you??

Her rich, spoiled brother couldn't even figure out how to fly a plane- but she is a Kennedy so all rise.

• 2 weeks later...