N,Y. sen. seat

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would really be a better appointment to NY senator-Rudy Giuliani or Kennedy? of course the Dem. Governor can only pick those he can swing his cane at, so Rudy's out but really think about it.

All depends on how much they're charging for the spot, and who's willing to pony up the cash to be called the junior senator from the great state of N.Y..

Who would really be a better appointment to NY senator-Rudy Giuliani or Kennedy? of course the Dem. Governor can only pick those he can swing his cane at, so Rudy's out but really think about it.

It is hard for me to imagine anyone worse for the job, than Rudy. He's a punk, and may be the only guy who likes a microphone more than Schumer. At least Chuck is smart, and looks out for WNY. Rudy is a NYC-centric, grandstanding, stooge.

Neither.

Rudy is not cut out for the legislative branch. Agreed that he'd be a disaster.

Kennedy is just another useless silver spoon. By the way, it's amazing how all the Democrats who used the 'out of touch' argument during the Presidential campaign are now supporting this woman for Senate.

Neither.

Rudy is not cut out for the legislative branch. Agreed that he'd be a disaster.

Kennedy is just another useless silver spoon. By the way, it's amazing how all the Democrats who used the 'out of touch' argument during the Presidential campaign are now supporting this woman for Senate.

That's because the 'out of touch' card was just a nice way of saying that John McCain is too old to be President.

Please don't insult Patterson that way... givin what he has overcome, you couldn't hold his jock. Agree or disagree with his decisions or policy, but the man is nothing but a gentleman.

And I agree, Giuliani is a punk who doesn't practice the crap he shovels.

Not sure about Kennedy, nice to look at, seems intelligent.... Might be a little hard for NYers to handle... a good looking smart politician! :rolleyes:

So in this case Guilliani has to still be in the running.... he more acceptable to NYers

Gooood Question. I wonder if the Democrats in NYC are offended by the fact that for now, Chicago has trumped even their level of corruption and is making all the headlines. How much you wanna bet that wiretaps warrants are being put in front of a federal judge right now?

Hell, why not get Elliot Spitzer? I'm sure he's not doing much. :w00t:

But on a serious note, I think Kennedy would be a reasonable choice, provided that you all notice the dumptruck full of salt that I am permanently attaching to this post. Coming form money means that she might actually do something to help Upstate, instead of simply bucking for the Presidency and raising money downstate.

I cannot imagine the sausage-making that will go on in this thing. But, then again, perhaps this Chicago mess will get the NYC crowd in line and make them actually do something good without a kickback? Foolish I know, but there's always hope....

There's got to be some sqeaky clean US attorney type that we can all get behind. Oh wait, now we are back to Spitzer again :rolleyes:

There's got to be some sqeaky clean US attorney type that we can all get behind. Oh wait, now we are back to Spitzer again :rolleyes:

I don't know that Spitzer was corrupt. He was brazenly hypocritical.

IMO (and in the opinion of many who chronicle political corruption) sex-scandals aren't usually considered as corruption...unless there was payment made for political favors.

I don't know that Spitzer was corrupt. He was brazenly hypocritical.

IMO (and in the opinion of many who chronicle political corruption) sex-scandals aren't usually considered as corruption...unless there was payment made for political favors.

They way I heard it, he was playing favorites on which prostitution rings were busted and which weren't, protecting the ones he used, going back to his Attorney General days. This is, by definition, corruption, and not merely getting some strange.

They way I heard it, he was playing favorites on which prostitution rings were busted and which weren't, protecting the ones he used, going back to his Attorney General days. This is, by definition, corruption, and not merely getting some strange.

Indeed, that would technically be corruption, I suppose. Pretty freakin' low level corruption, but corruption none-the-less.

I'm no longer a NY resident, so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but why on earth is Caroline Kennedy so highly regarded except for her bloodline? You know Sarah Palin has taken immense abuse here on this board some of which was earned, but still, at the end of the day, she is a self made woman. No one can deny this.

Ms Kennedy on the other hand was born into royalty (or as close as we have to it here), and what has she done to warrant appointment as a US Senator? I just don't get it.

I'm not going to jump into the fray of name calling, but really, what has she done?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/12/16/ame...lifications.php

I'm no longer a NY resident, so I don't really have a dog in this fight, but why on earth is Caroline Kennedy so highly regarded except for her bloodline? You know Sarah Palin has taken immense abuse here on this board some of which was earned, but still, at the end of the day, she is a self made woman. No one can deny this.

Ms Kennedy on the other hand was born into royalty (or as close as we have to it here), and what has she done to warrant appointment as a US Senator? I just don't get it.

I'm not going to jump into the fray of name calling, but really, what has she done?

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/12/16/ame...lifications.php

Palin got crap because she was/is an idiot... Kennedy appears to be well spoken, understand how to deal with the press and has some dignity and understands, having been behind the scenes in a lot of politics, including within her family to at least know what is coming at her from the NY press.

That being said, I am not crazy about her being anointed because of her name.... Sounds like the Dems what to make sure they hold on to this Senate Seat and how better than a well known, well liked Candidate with a Kennedy last name....

P.S. Don't compare Palin to her... Palin gives Dan Quayle a bad name. <_<

Palin got crap because she was/is an idiot... Kennedy appears to be well spoken, understand how to deal with the press and has some dignity and understands, having been behind the scenes in a lot of politics, including within her family to at least know what is coming at her from the NY press.

That being said, I am not crazy about her being anointed because of her name.... Sounds like the Dems what to make sure they hold on to this Senate Seat and how better than a well known, well liked Candidate with a Kennedy last name....

Mattress back Kennedy wants to get on the public payroll so she can support her murdering Uncle Teddy in his adult beverage problem. Or maybe Chelsea would be a good candidate.

Let me get this straight-you think Kennedy would be a great senator because she knows where to hold her pinky while drinking tea-and you trash a real person like Palin-you east coast liberals crack me up.

Let me get this straight-you think Kennedy would be a great senator because she knows where to hold her pinky while drinking tea-and you trash a real person like Palin-you east coast liberals crack me up.

Nope, I didn't say that. Typical knuckle dragger twisting someone's words. No wonder Palin can't remember which news papers she read.... ??? Can any of you read up there, besides Darin???

I don't know what kind of Senator Kennedy (never commented one way or another on it) would make and I don't like the anointment. I just said don't compare her to Palin he can't remember which clothes are her's and can't answer simple questions with simple clear answers. Must be all that tundra weed you guys smoke up there... make you all sound like you are speaking in tongues.

Nope, I didn't say that. Typical knuckle dragger twisting someone's words. No wonder Palin can't remember which news papers she read.... ??? Can any of you read up there, besides Darin???

I don't know what kind of Senator Kennedy (never commented one way or another on it) would make and I don't like the anointment. I just said don't compare her to Palin he can't remember which clothes are her's and can't answer simple questions with simple clear answers. Must be all that tundra weed you guys smoke up there... make you all sound like you are speaking in tongues.

It's amazing to me that the left climbs all over Palin for being an idiot, and yet you're all perfectly fine with our our next Vice President being Joe Biden. ;):lol: