Remember when...

major

Someone needs to remind Donte of that guarantee. Wonder what he would say now if a reporter brought that up from this past summer? I'm glad he said it back then and I'm glad he believed it; however, I wish the coaching staff and some other players would have worked towards the same goal that he had.

Already asked (by a TBD board fave) and answered:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-502...lls-choked.html

"The reality of it is we had the opportunity to control our own destiny," Whitner said. "By losing those games in the middle of the season, that knocked us out. If you split those games, you're sitting very well right now. But in the middle of the season we didn't get the job done, point blank.

"When I made the guarantee I felt strongly about it, and I still feel strong about it. It's kind of dim right now, but I don't regret it. I hold my head up high."

Well, Donte, it would help if you actually made a play once in a while to help your defense. :wub:

Donte hasn't been the same player, since returning from the injury, this year. But, with that said, after getting burned on the opening TD pass, he made a few nice plays, Sunday.

I notice he didn't practice again, yesterday. He doesn't look anywhere near 100% out there, right now.

Donte hasn't been the same player, since returning from the injury, this year. But, with that said, after getting burned on the opening TD pass, he made a few nice plays, Sunday.

I notice he didn't practice again, yesterday. He doesn't look anywhere near 100% out there, right now.

I sure hope it's the injury.

Tight ends are my major source of concern with Donte. He's the best athlete we have at safety, yet Bryan Scott, who we picked up off the street, seems far more effective in covering tight ends than Donte is.