Playoffs week 2

Buftex

Help me pick my team for round 2 of the playoffs...scratch on the line!

QB (pick 1)

Brett Favre QB vs Buffalo

Trent Edwards QB @NY Jets

Matt Cassel QB @Oakland

RB (pick 2)

Michael Turner RB vs Tampa Bay

Thomas Jones RB vs Buffalo

Fred Jackson RB @NY Jets

Le'Ron McClain RB vs Pittsburgh

Marshawn Lynch RB @NY Jets

WR (pick 2)

Greg Jennings WR @Jacksonville

Lance Moore WR @Chicago

Eddie Royal WR @Carolina

Donnie Avery WR vs Seattle

Malcom Floyd WR @Kansas City

Steve Breaston WR vs Minnesota

Chris Cooley TE @Cincinnati

Ryan Longwell K @Arizona

Arizona Cardinals vs Minnesota

Help me pick my team for round 2 of the playoffs...scratch on the line!

QB (pick 1)

Brett Favre QB vs Buffalo

Trent Edwards QB @NY Jets

Matt Cassel QB @Oakland

RB (pick 2)

Michael Turner RB vs Tampa Bay

Thomas Jones RB vs Buffalo

Fred Jackson RB @NY Jets

Le'Ron McClain RB vs Pittsburgh

Marshawn Lynch RB @NY Jets

WR (pick 2)

Greg Jennings WR @Jacksonville

Lance Moore WR @Chicago

Eddie Royal WR @Carolina

Donnie Avery WR vs Seattle

Malcom Floyd WR @Kansas City

Steve Breaston WR vs Minnesota

Chris Cooley TE @Cincinnati

Ryan Longwell K @Arizona

Arizona Cardinals vs Minnesota

I see you recommend that I play Lance Moore against Chicago, in Chicago. Do you think the night weather in Chicago will slow down Drew Brees & company? I ask, because I am facing Brees...the #1 seeeded team in our league, who rarely falters...Brees has been amazing. If he has a good game Thursday night, I think I am cooked. You think starting Moore is a good counter balance to points that Brees might get? Am I overanalyzing?

I see you recommend that I play Lance Moore against Chicago, in Chicago. Do you think the night weather in Chicago will slow down Drew Brees & company? I ask, because I am facing Brees...the #1 seeeded team in our league, who rarely falters...Brees has been amazing. If he has a good game Thursday night, I think I am cooked. You think starting Moore is a good counter balance to points that Brees might get? Am I overanalyzing?

I dunno the weather report but I mean you can throw on the Bears and the Saints can throw. I'm thinking of playing Colston over Andre or Megatron who have bad matchups but probably won't pull the trigger. Obviously Brees spreads the ball around more than you'd like but your alternatives aren't anything to get excited about outside of Royal who doesn't have a good matchup. I've personally never given much thought to the "canceling out" theory, though my co-owner is obsessed with it.

Good luck to Turner & Longwell!

Should I roll my eyes at her too? :lol:

BTW, she's worried, because you always seem to score like 150 after scoring 90. lol.

I am praying for some nasty weather in Chicago...Brees can kill anyone this year...

I have been very lucky this year, and am very aware of that...it seems whenever I have a crummy day, my opponent has an even worse day. This past weekend, I got 26 from the Cardinals D, while you got like 22 from Steve Smith. Other than that, every player on both of our teams had a pretty sub-par day...better to be lucky....

BTW- no, don't roll your eyes at C. I didn't mean anything by it, I swear!

I dunno the weather report but I mean you can throw on the Bears and the Saints can throw. I'm thinking of playing Colston over Andre or Megatron who have bad matchups but probably won't pull the trigger. Obviously Brees spreads the ball around more than you'd like but your alternatives aren't anything to get excited about outside of Royal who doesn't have a good matchup. I've personally never given much thought to the "canceling out" theory, though my co-owner is obsessed with it.

Good luck to Turner & Longwell!

Hey BuffO, what you mean, by "goodluck to Turner & Longwell"? You think they are risky starts?

I am not worried about Longwell, but I have considered benching Turner against the Bucs (he had a bad game against them early in the season and has been only average against good defenses), and starting Lynch. That Bills homer in me, as down on the team as I am right now, wants to believe that they will pull it together this week, and play well against the Jets. I have no faith in Losman, and, if the coaches are as smart as they are supposed to be, I think Marshawn will carry the ball a bit this weekend...what you think?

Also, with the death of his father, Cassell might not play this weekend. If he does, do I go with him, or Favre? I know it is crass to ask these kind of questions at a time like this...but I have a need to win this damn game...

Hey BuffO, what you mean, by "goodluck to Turner & Longwell"? You think they are risky starts?

I am not worried about Longwell, but I have considered benching Turner against the Bucs (he had a bad game against them early in the season and has been only average against good defenses), and starting Lynch. That Bills homer in me, as down on the team as I am right now, wants to believe that they will pull it together this week, and play well against the Jets. I have no faith in Losman, and, if the coaches are as smart as they are supposed to be, I think Marshawn will carry the ball a bit this weekend...what you think?

Also, with the death of his father, Cassell might not play this weekend. If he does, do I go with him, or Favre? I know it is crass to ask these kind of questions at a time like this...but I have a need to win this damn game...

I have Turner & Longwell too obv.

I'm more confident in Turner as the week progresses. The Bucs are reportedly banged up at DT, and I don't think him not producing in Ryan's 1st career road start in week 2 really means much; particularly given how much better they played in their rematch vs. Carolina at home than the 1st time around.

I think Cassell & Favre are close enough that you can go with Favre if there's any health concerns on Cassell.

I really hate this news of Megatron having an injured hand on top of possibly having a 98th string QB throwing him the ball against a top pass defense <_< Not sure if I can bench him for Colston or not.

Just heard Pat Williams is out 2-4 weeks. Awesome news for Turner owners - I was stuck with either him or Chris Johnson vs. Pittsburgh for championship week.

Good luck to you BuffOrange...I came up 7 points short of the championship...I will be pulling for you, especially if there is money on the line! Thanks to everyone (especially you and KD, Pasta Joe) for all your advice over the past season...I didn't necessarily take it all...but nobody else wants to talk FF with me! Wish I had listened to you when you recommended Cassel over Favre.... :doh:

Good luck to you BuffOrange...I came up 7 points short of the championship...I will be pulling for you, especially if there is money on the line! Thanks to everyone (especially you and KD) for all your advice over the past season...I didn't necessarily take it all...but nobody else wants to talk FF with me!

No problem for the advice. Glad I could point you toward Trent!

*grin*

Naw man, sorry you lost, but I had fun this weekend, and I'm happy for Charly!

No problem for the advice. Glad I could point you toward Trent!

*grin*

Naw man, sorry you lost, but I had fun this weekend, and I'm happy for Charly!

Yeah, wish her the best of luck for me...like I said, if I was gonna lose, I would have rather it be to you (or Charly), or John...gotta keep the prize money away from the fugtards in our leauge!

btw- your advice sucks! :doh:

Have a great Christmas man!

Good luck to you BuffOrange...I came up 7 points short of the championship...I will be pulling for you, especially if there is money on the line! Thanks to everyone (especially you and KD, Pasta Joe) for all your advice over the past season...I didn't necessarily take it all...but nobody else wants to talk FF with me! Wish I had listened to you when you recommended Cassel over Favre.... :bag:

Thanks but ya know, it's not really my style to wager on sports.

Outscored everyone this yr, playing the 2nd place team that beat me twice, trying to complete a "07 Giants postseason revenge tour".

Romo vs. B'more

Turner @Minny

SJax vs. SF

Andre @Oak

Megatron vs. NO

Clark @Jax

Longwell vs. ATL

NYJ @Sea

vs.

Rodgers @Chi

ADP vs. ATL

D. Williams @NYG

TO vs. B'more

Marshall vs. Buff

Carlson vs. NYJ

Gostowski vs. AZ

NYG vs. Carolina

Meh, I hope my Johnsons didn't shoot their load last week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.