The End

To be brutally honest, today's game symbolized to me a funeral procession for the once mighty Bills organization. Reflecting on those great December Kelly vs. Marino games of times past and seeing what was essentially an away game in front of novice bipartisan fans was too much to take. I have a funny feeling Chris Berman can't sleep tonight as well. I actually felt sorry for the 53 players and coaches today, Pennington's snap count came across the tv set as clear as a whistle, some home game? Which takes me to the sad truth: this organization is finished. The Bills define the "have-nots" in today's NFL. The team looks and feels like a squad that has the lowest payroll, a "blue-light" special coaching staff, and a non-for-profit front office. The incompetency of the player personnel people, coaching staff, and general front office couldn't be more evident than in the last two weeks. Rich Gannon's commit about our half-a*s attempt at the "Wild Cat" was right on point. No imagination from the coaches and bush league players attempting to execute is what we've had in Buffalo the last 10 years and it’s not going to change. Hell, the good players that we draft are history once their rookie contracts expire (Winfield, Clemens, and, yes, I am going to add Crowell to that list as well), how is any organization going to win like that? Wilson is the problem, has always been the problem, and will continue to be the problem until he expires. So continue to dream about Cowher and Shottenheimer signings, a Julus Pepper FA acquisition, and collegiate studs in the April draft because I am totally convinced this sh*t isn't going to change. I hope I am wrong, but I have a funny feeling that I am not, this thing is toast! By the way, this year's rookie class is by far the worst I can remember in modern time, did Modrak buy the Sporting News a week before the draft? Where did he find James Hardy, holy cow does that guy suck!

I know damn well that Tim Russert was probably getting dizzy from rolling over so fast in his grave today. Thanks Ralph for showing your support to all the Bills fans that have supported and been so loyal your ancient ass for so many years.

I know damn well that Tim Russert was probably getting dizzy from rolling over so fast in his grave today. Thanks Ralph for showing your support to all the Bills fans that have supported and been so loyal your ancient ass for so many years.

You're right, bless his soul.

PTP - As I have tried many times on my Bills Fan Outreach Ministry, it is a sad truth that the Bills will only improve with the demise of it's one and only owner. While I find Tom Donohoe's incompetence mind numbing at times, we cannot ignore the truths learned from his demise - good GM's are driven from this organization for a reason, we have a meddlesome owner who still feels he has his fingers on the pulse of todays NFL. While he certainly deserves tribute for bringing WNY it's true passion, (without it, I have little doubt WNY would now be comperable to Erie PA), we need to be honest and come to grips with where the problem starts. True Jouron is the milktoast of this coaching generation, but we have ownership that will not build a strong willed organization that rewards honesty and success. From the crows nest, we have a bunch of yes men happy to collect a check and be politically correct.

Nothing wrong with it, but if WNY football fans are happy just being able to attend an NFL game, by all means, continue with the charade - but demand nothing more than cheap beer and reasonable ticket prices. Dreaming about the Superbowl, avant guard coaching and leadership and marquise free agents will get you nothing but disappointed. This is the first year in many that I have not attended a home game, and I do not foresee a return to the Ralph any time soon. In fact - the NFL ticket has been canceled as I am willing to watch only whatever is piped into the house now. I cannot escape the lure of the game on TV and I would rather not tempt myself any longer with wasting time in front of it or even on the Tivo.

Well, OBD can do whatever they want...but this longtime fan has begun to stop watching the games. I mean, you put a crap product on the field you lose the audience. It's quite simple, actually.

You see, I do not think it is that simple for some. Like the crack whore to her rock, she cannot ignore the lure of the putrid substance, regardless that is has ruined her life. I think many Bills fans would live happier more fullfilling lives if they were not tormented by the mental beatings they take year in and year out...but they cannot stop as they need their fix.

Perhaps this is why so many remain in WNY when there are greener pastures elsewhere. Memories of high school glory or a nice July evening fuel hopes for a turn around - much like we hold on to our memories of Thomas being our 2000 yard man and Kelly to Reed or Smith leading the league in sacks. Hope is floating an entire region and a legion of fans.

Come February, once the pain has dissipated, the ire will turn to hope and hope to expectation come the summer and the crazy train will leave the station in September...again.

Well, I moved to LA so I can always walk down to the beach and everything is OK. Hell, I just moved to Santa Monica and Busby's is like 4 blocks from my place...and I still didn't go.

Give me a reason to show up and I will. I've just been put through the ringer one too many times with this organization. Hell, it's even beyond "fool me thrice"....

Well, I moved to LA so I can always walk down to the beach and everything is OK. Hell, I just moved to Santa Monica and Busby's is like 4 blocks from my place...and I still didn't go.

Give me a reason to show up and I will. I've just been put through the ringer one too many times with this organization. Hell, it's even beyond fool me thrice....

Beast Mode - you are a man of your word then. I believe if the collective fandom of the Bills decided to boycott the Pats game and quit watching at least live, the silent protest would be powerful enough to be heard at OBD.

I expect no change, but would enjoy the satisfaction that knowing Bills fans are not veal cattle gladly sitting in their white huts being managed to the slaughter...

PTP - As I have tried many times on my Bills Fan Outreach Ministry, it is a sad truth that the Bills will only improve with the demise of it's one and only owner. While I find Tom Donohoe's incompetence mind numbing at times, we cannot ignore the truths learned from his demise - good GM's are driven from this organization for a reason, we have a meddlesome owner who still feels he has his fingers on the pulse of todays NFL. While he certainly deserves tribute for bringing WNY it's true passion, (without it, I have little doubt WNY would now be comperable to Erie PA), we need to be honest and come to grips with where the problem starts. True Jouron is the milktoast of this coaching generation, but we have ownership that will not build a strong willed organization that rewards honesty and success. From the crows nest, we have a bunch of yes men happy to collect a check and be politically correct.

Nothing wrong with it, but if WNY football fans are happy just being able to attend an NFL game, by all means, continue with the charade - but demand nothing more than cheap beer and reasonable ticket prices. Dreaming about the Superbowl, avant guard coaching and leadership and marquise free agents will get you nothing but disappointed. This is the first year in many that I have not attended a home game, and I do not foresee a return to the Ralph any time soon. In fact - the NFL ticket has been canceled as I am willing to watch only whatever is piped into the house now. I cannot escape the lure of the game on TV and I would rather not tempt myself any longer with wasting time in front of it or even on the Tivo.

I have watched every single Buffalo Bills game for the last 18 consecutive years. I live in Florida and drive to Miami to see my Bills every year and when they play in Jacksonville you can count on me to be there. I watched them eagerly even when they were well out of playoff contention just to support them and see how the young guys were developing, gaining gametime experience. etc... Last Sunday I didn't even bother to turn the TV on or check on the score. I thought to myself how strange that is that I didn't even give a F&*K. It's not like I haven't seen them play like sh*t before?? My wife asked me what the score was and I didn't have a friggin clue. I told her it was likely somewhere between zero and 3 points but I'm not watching the game. I wondered why I didn't care to watch the game besides the obvious they've been sucking hard lately... Then it hit me earlier today. HEART. I can watch a team that has a losing season as long as they fight, as long as they show some damn heart. I see no fire, no heart. I can't respect any team that lacks heart, I can't watch it either. Plus you throw in the fact that we play a hated division rival in another country in a dome in December and call it a home game? F**K THAT! Couldn't save that one for any of the NFC team's we'd face....

I wondered why I didn't care to watch the game besides the obvious they've been sucking hard lately... Then it hit me earlier today. HEART. I can watch a team that has a losing season as long as they fight, as long as they show some damn heart. I see no fire, no heart. I can't respect any team that lacks heart, I can't watch it either.

Amen to that, brother. If I want to see something roll over and die, I'll watch Wild Kingdom. At least that way I'm learning something.

I have watched every single Buffalo Bills game for the last 18 consecutive years. I live in Florida and drive to Miami to see my Bills every year and when they play in Jacksonville you can count on me to be there. I watched them eagerly even when they were well out of playoff contention just to support them and see how the young guys were developing, gaining gametime experience. etc... Last Sunday I didn't even bother to turn the TV on or check on the score. I thought to myself how strange that is that I didn't even give a F&*K. It's not like I haven't seen them play like sh*t before?? My wife asked me what the score was and I didn't have a friggin clue. I told her it was likely somewhere between zero and 3 points but I'm not watching the game. I wondered why I didn't care to watch the game besides the obvious they've been sucking hard lately... Then it hit me earlier today. HEART. I can watch a team that has a losing season as long as they fight, as long as they show some damn heart. I see no fire, no heart. I can't respect any team that lacks heart, I can't watch it either. Plus you throw in the fact that we play a hated division rival in another country in a dome in December and call it a home game? F**K THAT! Couldn't save that one for any of the NFC team's we'd face....

So I guess by the time that the Bills pick up and move, we just won't care anymore ...

Perhaps you have hit the nail on the head. I lost the desire to spend any time on watching them, (at least live) after the loss to Miami in Miami. It was then that I realized the team lacked something and that something might be heart. As noted many times before - i really believe they will continue to lack this key ingrediant until we have change at the highest of places. Given the choice between taking my kids to do something and spending a Sunday afternoon watching the Bills - it is not even a contest any longer. The bowel releasing pizza from Chuckie Cheeses has a greater draw these days.

So I guess by the time that the Bills pick up and move, we just won't care anymore ...

I would disagree. You would of course mourn the loss, but I do not think it would be a wrenching as if they were to leave when they were an NFL power. I'll forever remember the late 80's and 90's (those will always be my Bills), but this current edition is frankly somewhat foreign to me. As someone previously noted, they are lacking the heart and character we had come to expect and respect from our organization.

They're lacking a whole lot more than that.

I don't know Joe - with those two things, I bet this team would be 8-5 at worst right now...That would keep the wolves at bay for at least another couple of weeks. The ingrediants are not all that bad, the chef, or team of chefs, just is not too good at using the tools we have. Just look at Miami - they added what was perceived to be a dead armed QB to the mix and they are tied for 1st today...

Addendum to the post and and underlying question the pipe asks - is it true what I read on other posts - the head of our scouting is actually Ralphs daughter or relation of his? Can someone confirm who this Linda Bogdan is? Is she perhaps the ill fated wall poster we knew as Saprano?

I have been highly critical and have joked that we just buy draft guides, but what are this womans qualifications? Prior cheerleading perhaps? Maybe she was one of those girls I see taping collage players' ankles in a time of need? I am sorry, not tryng to be sexist or anything, but I believe a successful scouting lead would be required to have a vast network of collage coaches to provide leads and feedback on players...and yes - the NFL and Football is an old boys network....