Dick Jauron is Finished

Setrett

It's official. There are no longer any good arguments for retaining Dick Jauron. At the end of the first half today, Miami had a first and goal with about two minutes to play. There are only three outcomes: Miami scores a TD, Miami scores a FG, Miami turns the ball over. In ANY CASE, they can, with all probability, only run three or four plays. Can anyone explain how we can retain a coach who didn't have the common sense to call all of his timeouts. We would have gotten the ball back with over a minute and a half and would not have had to forfeit the remainder of the half.

Other thoughts:

- JP Losman was not prepared to play this game. His throws were off target, he didn't communicate well with his wide receivers, he lacked all pocket presence, etc. The worst infraction is that he did not know, after all these years in Jauron's system, how to best utilize his offensive weapons. Wide receivers are getting open.

- You spike down the ball to the 9 when you could have caught it on the 1? Seriously?

- When Peters was moved out of his position late in the game, notice how the left side of the line collapsed forthwith?

- First and goal on the 3 and you order Losman to throw to a smothered wide receiver?

- Thanks Lindell for actually showing up to work today.

- We really need to start spending more money on quality college scouting.

- Defense played well today (again) and I though Scott made some nice plays. Poz really needs to start becoming more of a factor. McGee redeemed himself.

Dick Jauron has proven himself to be a poor game manager, someone who can't build a team to best utilize his weapons, and from my perspective, someone whose team is losing faith in him. This is a total disaster. Jauron is not redeemable. His coaching is causing me to hate football.

very good points.

I was one of the last supporters for Jauron. I was there right up until last week (despite how disturbed I am about the ending to the Browns game).

After last week I felt that Jauron should probably go.

Now I am thinking he is probably as good as canned.

They need a real GM and not some Marketing pencil-pusher who got a promotion.

very good points.

I was one of the last supporters for Jauron. I was there right up until last week (despite how disturbed I am about the ending to the Browns game).

And now you go the next, most painful step, the one most of us have already taken. The one where you realize that Ralph doesn;t really give a sh-- and will never fire a guy he still has to pay money to.

very good points.

Get rid of the cover-2 and demote Schonert back to QB coach.

And now you go the next, most painful step, the one most of us have already taken. The one where you realize that Ralph doesn;t really give a sh-- and will never fire a guy he still has to pay money to.

I'm not so sure about that. Dick may be a horrible coach, but he's not a, for lack of a better word, "dick". If he knows Ralph no longer wants him around (and in fairness to Ralp, from his quotes the last two weeks, I'd say he's seen enough) I suspect he'll do the right thing and leave, extension or not, after negotiating a buyout of some kind from Wilson shortly after the season's over. That's my prediction for what happens here.....