UB played their starters!

busterramsey

I asked the question last week, and everyone agreed that UB should play their reserves. After all, Willey is graduating and his replacement has almost no experience.

So what do they do? Their starters go the whole game and lose anyway.. If Jauron did that with the Bills, we would have lynched him but no one is criticizing Gill. UB will probably wind up at .500, that includes 1 successful hail Mary and 2 OT wins. So why all the fuss about Gill?

I asked the question last week, and everyone agreed that UB should play their reserves. After all, Willey is graduating and his replacement has almost no experience.

So what do they do? Their starters go the whole game and lose anyway.. If Jauron did that with the Bills, we would have lynched him but no one is criticizing Gill. UB will probably wind up at .500, that includes 1 successful hail Mary and 2 OT wins. So why all the fuss about Gill?

Did you see UB football before Gill, a Hail Mary and OT wins??

You play to win the game and that should be your only concern.

Why all the Fuss about Gill?

Because UB was nowhere close to where they are now. They are competitive in their league and a couple players will probably play in the NFLl. They won their league and will play for the MAC championship. They're also going to a Bowl game. I know you probably want to be negative about the local team and you have to be convinced to root for the local school but a lot has been done with this program in just a few seasons.

I don't know enough about college sports to say - do you often rest your starters? This isn't a career where you play until you're done; these are kids who are mostly not going to play pro football, and may only have one or two games left playing football. I don't know if you so cavalierly take one away from them.

UB will probably wind up at .500, that includes 1 successful hail Mary and 2 OT wins. So why all the fuss about Gill?

Why all the fuss?

Take away the successful hail mary, and the two ot wins, and UB finishes 4-8-0.

But nobody can take those wins away, can they? And, apparently they came within half a yard of pulling out another one against Kent State, even though they played a lousy game against them. So the fact that they won 3 of those 4 close games within the MAC is incredible, if you look at this program before Gill got here, for one thing.

Secondly, despite those 4 close games, and despite the disapointing loss to Kent State, UB is the MAC EAST CHAMPION this season. Last year they shared that regular season distinction, but did not get to play in the MAC CHAMPIONSHIOP GAME. Next week at Ford Field, you and I wll get to watch UB battle the nationally ranked undefeated Ball State for the MAC CHAMPIONSHIP. You don't think THAT is worth fussing over Gill about??

Finally, despite the fact I have a feeling Buffalo will give Ball State a decent game before losing, they will then still get to go to a BOWL GAME. And I disagree that Buffalo will probably lose that game, as you predict they will. Why do you think they will play against a team in their bowl game that will even be as good as Ball State? And if UB wins their bowl, they won't finish .500, they will finish their long 14 game season at 8-6-0.

Why all the fuss?

Take away the successful hail mary, and the two ot wins, and UB finishes 4-8-0.

But nobody can take those wins away, can they? And, apparently they came within half a yard of pulling out another one against Kent State, even though they played a lousy game against them. So the fact that they won 3 of those 4 close games within the MAC is incredible, if you look at this program before Gill got here, for one thing.

Secondly, despite those 4 close games, and despite the disapointing loss to Kent State, UB is the MAC EAST CHAMPION this season. Last year they shared that regular season distinction, but did not get to play in the MAC CHAMPIONSHIOP GAME. Next week at Ford Field, you and I wll get to watch UB battle the nationally ranked undefeated Ball State for the MAC CHAMPIONSHIP. You don't think THAT is worth fussing over Gill about??

Finally, despite the fact I have a feeling Buffalo will give Ball State a decent game before losing, they will then still get to go to a BOWL GAME. And I disagree that Buffalo will probably lose that game, as you predict they will. Why do you think they will play against a team in their bowl game that will even be as good as Ball State? And if UB wins their bowl, they won't finish .500, they will finish their long 14 game season at 8-6-0.

Also, a missed FG in the final seconds against Cenrtal Michigan

RUDY! RUDY! RUDY!

so you wanted to sit the seniors in the last games they will probably ever play?

Willy = mid round NFL QB draft pick....