Duke Preston is starting to grow on me

The 3.4 and 5.3 doesn't tell the story. I read that article too. Teams overload the left side for one thing, and each side's success is not directly related to one guy. I agree Butler is a solid pass protector, but if you watch HIM, he hardly has ever pushed his guy back. Hey, it beats lining up Whittle or Preston at that spot but I just disagree about the whole Butler is the highest grading lineman statement.

For those that don't hold too hard to their initial opinions and realize that players can improve, you can see he has. He is not ideal but I really like his passion this season and he has outplayed Fowler at the position and holds his ground with leverage a lot better than he used to. Most, even all pro centers often need help with the really good 3-4 NT's. Duke seems to really care and it shows in his play on the field.

Couldnt anyone play better than FOWLER I have said for years the main problem with the line is the Center!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldnt anyone play better than FOWLER I have said for years the main problem with the line is the Center!!!!!!!!!!!

And you're right, it has been. All I'm pointing out is that the guy has really improved. He may still not be good enough to make it as a starter, but most people formulated their opinions on him 3 or 4 years ago and don't bother to notice. For the most part as I see it, players improve or even regress quite frequently in the league. What you know about last year doesn't necessarily mean you know what is to come this year from many of them.