Turk was calling from the box this week

UConn James

Read in an article (the Snooze, I think) that Turk was calling the game this week from the coaches' box rather than field-level as he's done up to this point.

Wonder if this situation helped him see the field a little better, and see what was working from a high view. I think the play-calling saw some improvement, what with actual play-action being called, and the timing of when to run/pass seemed to flow better.

They say that oftentimes you need to take a step back to see things more clearly....

Read in an article (the Snooze, I think) that Turk was calling the game this week from the coaches' box rather than field-level as he's done up to this point.

Wonder if this situation helped him see the field a little better, and see what was working from a high view. I think the play-calling saw some improvement, what with actual play-action being called, and the timing of when to run/pass seemed to flow better.

They say that oftentimes you need to take a step back to see things more clearly....

They showed him upstairs during the game.

The Bills started the game brilliantly,running,using play action passes. complete 180 from the continuous shotgun plays Schonert had been calling the previous 5 games.

What kinda scares me though is later in the game when KC managed to stop the running game on one series the Bills seemed to revert back to the shotgun constantly again.I don't get why Schonert gives up on the ground game so quickly.

They showed him upstairs during the game.

The Bills started the game brilliantly,running,using play action passes. complete 180 from the continuous shotgun plays Schonert had been calling the previous 5 games.

What kinda scares me though is later in the game when KC managed to stop the running game on one series the Bills seemed to revert back to the shotgun constantly again.I don't get why Schonert gives up on the ground game so quickly.

I think most QB's turned OC's have this habit.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...ee-598d1bc4fff6

Either the OL stopped opening holes or Marshawn started dancing around. Big difference from the running game in the 1st half. I though ML was going to have 200 yards the way he was running in the 1st quarter. Marshawn seemed to be running sideways most of the 2nd half. I honestly don't know if that is because the OL got stuffed or Marshawn has a habit of running sideways looking for holes instead of running due north. I get too caught up in the game to look objectively at those things.

I remember your journalism background, James, but I'm not sure if you were in sports or news-side? Anyway, I flat-out HATE doing games from the sideline for exactly that reason -- you might pick up some interesting color down close, but you miss the big picture.

So when I heard about Schonert's decision before the game, I thought to myself, "Can't hurt" ...