Forget Hawaii and Las Vegas...UB set for these bowl games

PromoTheRobot

WGR report

According to school officials, since UB is a division champion, they will only play in one of the three contracted MAC bowl games. The most likely one looks like the International Bowl.

PTR

I was thinking about this saturday. They kind of screwed themselves by winning friday. I think if they would of lost friday & won against Kent St this week they were headed to the hawaii bowl. I know if I had a choice between Detroit/toronto in the dead of winter or hawaii you do not have to ask me twice where I would rather be.

I was thinking about this saturday. They kind of screwed themselves by winning friday. I think if they would of lost friday & won against Kent St this week they were headed to the hawaii bowl. I know if I had a choice between Detroit/toronto in the dead of winter or hawaii you do not have to ask me twice where I would rather be.

Hawaii would have been a nice vacation, but its the worst bowl bid you can get. Most schools who play that bowl take a financial bath. Besides, if they lost Friday and beat KSU, they would only be bowl eligible. No bowl would be guaranteed. This is much much better. I want a shot at Ball State. In a season of firsts, I want the chance to beat a ranked team for the first time.

PTR

Hawaii would have been a nice vacation, but its the worst bowl bid you can get. Most schools who play that bowl take a financial bath. Besides, if they lost Friday and beat KSU, they would only be bowl eligible. No bowl would be guaranteed. This is much much better. I want a shot at Ball State. In a season of firsts, I want the chance to beat a ranked team for the first time.

PTR

I hear ya, I know it is better for the program that they win & the money aspect(I was really surprised to see that the payout for the hawaii Bowl is about half of what the GMAC & International bowl are) but from a reward/player's perspective, I would rather obviously go to hawaii.

"They'll also be heading to the first bowl game in the program's 102-year history".

Unbelievable. A few years ago betting against the Bulls was one of the easiest bets from week to week.

And if all is right with the world, they'll win it. Still a great story how they gave up their first chance. Karma owe's them.

UConn would be the likely opponent, though Pitt, Rutgers, and USF are in the mix too. I'll definitely make the drive up Jan 3.

PTR

I bet they keep USF out of the mix due to distance. UB vs. any of the other three will get a full house of fans from both teams. I would love to make the trip myself...not likely to happen though.

PTR

it would be good for recruiting.

i'm all for the International Bowl! The noon kickoff 'd make it a very viewable game for us in Europe!

Forget about it!! in fact Jan 3rd noon ET, is the time of the first NFL playoff game... no chance they'll show the college bowl ...

With any luck it will be available online at ESPN360.com. So you can watch that while you watch the NFL playoffs.

PTR