Strong comments about Lynch

marauderswr80

Travis Henry ran as hard as anyone in a Bills uniform ever did. Period. No comments about young girls. I won't stoop to that level.

Travis was tough and he racked up some great numbers in terms of yards as a Bill, but he fumbled, couldn't block, and was completely unreliable when it came to scoring in the red zone. I still remember a third and goal play where he was going through a huge hole and simply fell down. We ended up kicking a FG and losing by three, but I can't remember the specific game. Fact is, he put up great numbers between the 20s and he couldn't block to save his life, but he did play on a fractured leg and that takes balls, so yes he ran as hard as anybody he just simply lacked in crucial areas which prevented him from being great and this is illustrated by the fact that before this coke incident he couldn't find a job and that says something.

I don't know what you do.

Maybe you cower.

That is your business

When anyone insults me I insult them.

That is my business.

It is a code I follow, because they deserve the retaliation.

Anything less would be weak.

I don't take cr*p from punks.

If you do that is your choice.

Not mine.

Understood?

Mind your own business when it comes to that.

When I decide to return an insult to someone who is asking for it , don't think for even a second that you decide anything.

You don't decide who gets to throw insults and who doesn't.

I hope that is clear to you now.

Instead of throwing out insults you should be reinforcing your argument, which is weak at best. I think Jackson may be the more explosive of the two backs, and Marshawn frustrates the hell out of me with the dancing he was doing in the weeks prior to the Cleveland game, but Jackson would find it much harder to be effective without Marshawn punishing tacklers and softening them up. The holier than thou approach won't work on this board broseph. As much as you think you know there are some really intelligent posters, with regards to the game, on this board. Your little quips, presented as facts by you, regarding players and their abilities just scream of someone needing to be seen as humorous and someone who yearns for approval despite your "me against the world" post above. So, post your thoughts and opinions but don't take offense to others views by throwing insults because they will be thrown right back at you.

Are you aware that you don't have to push the enter key every time you finish a sentence?

That made me laugh. I thought I was reading prose.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's tough alright. From what I've seen Fred Jackson is one hell of a RB himself. Jackson to me might even be the better man for the job.

ur out of ur mind... no one breaks tackles and is better around the goal line then Lynch on this team. freddie is a really good back , has good balance, but he isnt as big or powerful a runner as marshawn. all i can say about Beastmode is...... HE'S SO SWEET........... MAKE EM WANNA LICK DA RAPPER........................

ur out of ur mind... no one breaks tackles and is better around the goal line then Lynch on this team. freddie is a really good back , has good balance, but he isnt as big or powerful a runner as marshawn. all i can say about Beastmode is...... HE'S SO SWEET........... MAKE EM WANNA LICK DA RAPPER........................

Running hard and running smart are radically different. Thurman Thomas wasn't nearly as powerful as Lynch, so according to your view that they "break tackles" or as "powerful" Thuman isn't as good. You see Jackson is very similar to Thurman in that he has good vision and runs forward. I admit he doesn't run as powerfully, but he runs better.

It's like comparing a lumberjack with an ax or a chainsaw. Sure the guy with an ax is more powerful, but the guy with the chainsaw is just better. At this point Jackson has shown more as a runner and receiver than Marshawn. I honestly believe if Lynch was drafted in the 3rd round all this talk of how good Lynch is to Jackson would go bye-bye.

Jackson just goes forward and picks up yards. Lynch runs hard into 3 people and occasionally runs free. Lynch is harder to take down after initiation, Jackson is harder to initiate contact with.

first of all henry always had bruised ribs... I can't remember when he was ever fully healthy, the guy was tuff and played thru pain, but he was as durable as a 99 cent watch. his injuries followed him to every team he played for, its a shame though, I really thought he would have been a great back for denver. I don't see why in the world if you're making millions, or hundred of thousands, you decide to associate yourself with scumbags trying to leech off your money pool to operate a street pharmacy.

Every back in the NFL runs hard, and has some level of 'tuffness', but I don't think I've seen someone of similar size move a pile, or get as many yards after contact like marshawn...

its exciting to watch him, maybe because he isn't so north/south. But whatever he does, it makes him look bigger than he really is. Fred Jackson, is awesome too, but he's more traditional, and I haven't seen him push a pile, but he sure can hit a hole. I think if marshawn had jackson's vision and burst, he would be an animal.

Beast Mode is simply going back in time and giving Jim Brown the ball, that guy ran people over - trying to tackle him was like running into a brick wall. Sure he could shake and bake, he had speed, coupled with an amazing stiff arm, but I just remember watching the highlight reels, and they just couldn't stop that moving wrecking ball.

first of all henry always had bruised ribs... I can't remember when he was ever fully healthy, the guy was tuff and played thru pain, but he was as durable as a 99 cent watch. his injuries followed him to every team he played for, its a shame though, I really thought he would have been a great back for denver. I don't see why in the world if you're making millions, or hundred of thousands, you decide to associate yourself with scumbags trying to leech off your money pool to operate a street pharmacy.

Every back in the NFL runs hard, and has some level of 'tuffness', but I don't think I've seen someone of similar size move a pile, or get as many yards after contact like marshawn...

its exciting to watch him, maybe because he isn't so north/south. But whatever he does, it makes him look bigger than he really is. Fred Jackson, is awesome too, but he's more traditional, and I haven't seen him push a pile, but he sure can hit a hole. I think if marshawn had jackson's vision and burst, he would be an animal.

Beast Mode is simply going back in time and giving Jim Brown the ball, that guy ran people over - trying to tackle him was like running into a brick wall. Sure he could shake and bake, he had speed, coupled with an amazing stiff arm, but I just remember watching the highlight reels, and they just couldn't stop that moving wrecking ball.

That pretty much sums up my opinion. For the most part (read, not every run) Lynch will run into the pile...and everyone thinks the down is over but Lynch is actually down 3 yards from where he made contact. That kind of running really gets to a defense after awhile (if the coaches stick with it for more than one drive). I agree however that a little too often Lynch tries to be cute and bounce to the outside, but that stutter step he has can be absolutely devastating. He has turned nothing into a first down plenty this season with those moves. Jackson for his part is great at hitting a hole and bursting through it, but when he runs into the pile that's the end of the play. They simply have differing running styles, and they complement each other well. Right now I wish this team would use them on more than one successive drive to absolutely wreck defenses. The o-line seems to be stepping up a bit, so hopefully they will factor even more into the gameplan in the rest of the schedule.