Boomer Sooner

Cynical

I said before that OU is, defensively speaking, the class of the Big 12. I'll be curious to see how these schools will match up w/ teams that actually have defense when the bowl games come 'round.

Really? Every common opponent except for Texas Tech this year we've given up less points than Oklahoma. We lead the Big 12 in points allowed per game:

Texas 18.53

Oklahoma 24.83* includes 41 allowed to Okie Lite

Tech 26.23

Yah OU's D sucks; good thing they got 1,000 tip balls to go their way tonight....

I don't really care much for Mack Brown and his shameless campaigning (both now and in '04 when Cal was robbed).

I still agree w/ Herbstreit that Texas deserves a better Bowl than OU. If OU is going to get "style points" credit for margin of victory/defeat, is that same treatment going to be given to Alabama should they lose to Florida in OT? Somehow I doubt it. Win the neutral field game in Dallas, Jesus.

Yah OU's D sucks; good thing they got 1,000 tip balls to go their way tonight....

I don't really care much for Mack Brown and his shameless campaigning (both now and in '04 when Cal was robbed).

I still agree w/ Herbstreit that Texas deserves a better Bowl than OU. If OU is going to get "style points" credit for margin of victory/defeat, is that same treatment going to be given to Alabama should they lose to Florida in OT? Somehow I doubt it. Win the neutral field game in Dallas, Jesus.

Mack Brown and his shameless campaigning? Man, you must have hated Bob Stoops starting his campaign last weekend. :)

Really? Every common opponent except for Texas Tech this year we've given up less points than Oklahoma. We lead the Big 12 in points allowed per game:

Texas 18.53

Oklahoma 24.83* includes 41 allowed to Okie Lite

Tech 26.23

You mistook the post. I wasn't giving OU's defense props or anything. They aren't all that, as, like every other Big 12 team, they give up mass points in big games. As for your 'Horns:

Gave up 35 in a win over OU

Gave up 31 in a win over Missouri

Gave up 24 in a win over Ok State

Gave up 39 in a loss to Texas Tech

Gave up 21 in a win over Baylor

That doesn't scream defensive prowess to me.

Mack Brown and his shameless campaigning? Man, you must have hated Bob Stoops starting his campaign last weekend. :)

Nah he was easy to hate when he went off on Lynn Swann for no reason at halftime of the LSU game in '02.

"#2 defense what are you talking about? We're the #1 defense. We're killing ourselves with turnovers".

Umm Bob LSU has made more mistakes than you and you're getting your butt kicked...shut up.

You mistook the post. I wasn't giving OU's defense props or anything. They aren't all that, as, like every other Big 12 team, they give up mass points in big games. As for your 'Horns:

Gave up 35 in a win over OU

Gave up 31 in a win over Missouri

Gave up 24 in a win over Ok State

Gave up 39 in a loss to Texas Tech

Gave up 21 in a win over Baylor

That doesn't scream defensive prowess to me.

I was arguing against the Oklahoma defense being the class of the big 12 this year - I think our defense is better than theirs.

I was arguing against the Oklahoma defense being the class of the big 12 this year - I think our defense is better than theirs.

The Sooners have been impressive. The only Texas loss was in a flukey sort of ending. The only Sooner loss was to Texas on a neutral field. I think Texas should be in the Big 12 final. Missouri could pull it off but it will be tough.

The point explosions in the Big 12 have been incredible this year. Oklahoma has scored fifty or more points eight times, Missouri six times and Texas (only) four times. I can see how the Sooners scoring sixty or more points in the last four games has impressed voters (and computers?) but Texas took them.

I also believe that the multidimensional game of Colt McCoy would pose a bigger problem for both Alabama and Florida than Bradford.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.