Trent blames coaches for his play

djh

“The hardest thing that is happening to me — this happened early in the season, and it’s happened the past couple of games — is that I’m preparing for defenses that we’re not really getting on Sundays or Monday night and they didn’t really bring the defense that we thought the Browns played against the Broncos,” Edwards said. “That’s what we’re practicing out here on the practice field all week and then we’re facing an entirely different defense...."

How about admitting that it was your fault & not the coaches???

at what point is he blaming the coaches? he is stating that the defenses are giving him something different then they've shown

people need to relax and stop trying to read into what everyone is saying

He did adjust......just too late. He did EXACTLY what you do against a defense that drops 8 n coverage. You throw to the backs. Which worked! You run the ball..which worked.

Anyone remember a certain Super Bowl where the Giants dropped 8-9 consistently in coverage. Not until too late did the Bills change and do exactly what you should do.....dump off to the backs, run etc...

You do NOT force the ball long like people here seem to say you need to do. Trent did not need to throw the ball long because after the first few possessions they moved the ball by running and throwing short. I have NO problem with not looking down field if the Bills take 5-6 yards every play and score 27 points.

If Trent was some sort of Messiah, maybe he could have figured that out early. Sure, they scored 27 points. but 7 were on special teams. The problem is that he might have figured it out, and was told to dump short, which makes great sense. Problem is that you are playing into the other teams hands at that point. Exactly what Jauron has done his career as a head coach. He doesn't adjust well and doesn't prepare well. A sub .500 coach will give you everything we have seen since he's been here, a lot of hope and no results. IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE!!

“The hardest thing that is happening to me — this happened early in the season, and it’s happened the past couple of games — is that I’m preparing for defenses that we’re not really getting on Sundays or Monday night and they didn’t really bring the defense that we thought the Browns played against the Broncos,” Edwards said. “That’s what we’re practicing out here on the practice field all week and then we’re facing an entirely different defense...."

How about admitting that it was your fault & not the coaches???

Well...We are all going to think what We are going to think...But this decription at least fits what My eyes are seeing when I watch The Bills Offense...And I'm not taking Trent off the hook for some bad decisions and poor throws...But He's quite clearly confused out there and this Coaching Staff is coming up with next-to-nothing that is surprising opposing Defenses...For 4 consecutive weeks now Defenses have thrown looks at The Bills Coaches that they were ill-prepared for, and for that matter, had no real answer for...

I don't think Trent was throwing anybody under the Bus...I think He was just being honest...:rolleyes:

Its offense. You dont prepare for one teams scheme that week, you have a plan for everythign that you could walk into at any time. Yes you focus on things you think will be successful that week, but they should be ready for everything. rather execution or play-calling, its terrible that we stink so bad. I will throw out the lack of playaction as evidence that the coaches dont do much of anything to help their struggleing QB...

JP got benched cause his play was terrible every game. Yes you can say TE has self destructed, however the difference is for the most part, JP had nothing to self distruct from as every week was the same. TE is getting a much longer rope than JP got because he is less experienced than JP is so you don't expect quite as much and he did have FIVE pretty good games to start the season with. And in 3 of the last 4 loses, as weak as he played, he was the teams only offenseive weapon. He did generate first down and kept the offense moving. The NE game and the Cleve game he looked very bad, but even in the NE game, there was little if any other offensive play from anyone else. The Cleveland game is the one game where I can totally say his play cost us the game. The other games, as little as he did, no one else did anything. So he did show he's capable of playing well. JP never had more than maybe two decent games, then a terrible game.

I will grant you the offenseive line that TE is playing behind last year certianly was better thna JP had andf you expected it to be better this year too. However up until this past week, it was pretty poor. But as bad as things were those years, the Bills did run the ball better than they did agaisnt the three AFC east teams that we lost to. What did we have 150 yards rushing in the three games combined? If the next two games, the line and running game plays like it did against Cleveland, then TE has no excuses. They also have their entire offense back this week I believe??

It's the JP argument all over again, no matter how you sugarcoat it. JP basically said the same thing and got benched for it. Yes, his play was erratic, but isn't it basically the same play at the QB position that we've seen the last several weeks. Maybe it's not the position but the coaches that are basically teaching that position on a week to week basis. JP self destructed under the same coaching staff (for the most part) at this point in his career and everyone wants to give TE a pass while JP is in the doghouse. Trent is probably right, along with JP, that the coaching staff, from top on down, is holding them back!!

Everyone is tossing around blame but the result has been the same with different personnel in there. Mediocre, average, predictable, boring and downright stupid. It's time for a change again, regardless what it means to the "rebuilding" program. Enough is Enough!

How much longer can us Die Hard fans take this? It's time for a real coach, not a re-tread, next coming of a brilliant mind or someone that a front office person knew somewhere along the way. Bring in someone that knows how to run a football team, from top to bottom. Someone with experience and worth the money he should get for being here. Cowher comes to mind but anyone in that type of mold that can build his team without the purse strings and meddling from the owner would be nice.