If the Bills get Michael Vick, imagine

Like A Mofo

Arthur Blank did nothing but bring in wr's to try to surround vick with talent. The falcons passing game never got off the ground. That is just not Vicks game. He's a run option quarterback, who throw's are secondary to making plays on the ground. It wasn't for lack of trying by the Falcons staff either. He'll never be a guy who's respected as a passer.

Jenkins and White were rookie first round picks when Vick was QB and they took some time to develop. They led the league in drops and the only dependable target Vick had was Crumpler.

Having said that, yards are yards and the Falcons ranked #12 overall in offense in both 2005 and 2006. In 2006, in addition to passing for 2400 yards, he rushed for 1000 more... he's far from perfect, but saying he "sucks" is just flat out ignorant.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jenkins and White were rookie first round picks when Vick was QB and they took some time to develop. They led the league in drops and the only dependable target Vick had was Crumpler.

Having said that, yards are yards and the Falcons ranked #12 overall in offense in both 2005 and 2006. In 2006, in addition to passing for 2400 yards, he rushed for 1000 more... he's far from perfect, but saying he "sucks" is just flat out ignorant.

I dont believe I used the term sucks. I said he's a glorified rb, who's not an accurate passer. He's also a bit turnover prone. He's exciting to watch from an outside perspective. Being an actual fan of his would drive you mad, with the amount of negative plays he's responsible for. A qb who fumbles as much as he does, and is sacked as much as he is. Isn't what I'd prefer to see in my teams qb. I also think a Belichick Defense would turn him inside out. I just don't see that ending pretty. If you want an option qb then just draft Tebow. He's shown somewhat of a penchant for passing. Probably has a higher upside in that regard.

Vick and the Wildcat: He can run for 100 in his sleep, so can Marshawn..who then needs receivers or a TE since it is painfully obvious the Buffalo Bills front office will NEVER fully address that issue anyway?

Sign me up for the Vick bandwagon

Mike Vick is a slime ball, convicted felon. Lets keep him out of Buffalo. I don't care if he pays the price in Jail time....I don't want to see that guy here or anywhere. And, as a businesman football owner, MV would be a P/R diaster. Question Michael: Now that your out of jail, will you be killing and torturing any more dogs" ?

Mike Vick is a slime ball, convicted felon. Lets keep him out of Buffalo. I don't care if he pays the price in Jail time....I don't want to see that guy here or anywhere. And, as a businesman football owner, MV would be a P/R diaster. Question Michael: Now that your out of jail, will you be killing and torturing any more dogs" ?

The Rams' Leonard Little killed a mother of 2 while driving drunk. If that wasn't enough, he got caught driving drunk on two other occasions after that. Yet he is happily playing in the NFL today.

Jim Leyritz killed a mother of 2 while driving drunk. He roams the streets as a free man today.

Mike Vick killed some dogs and did some horrible things and his punishment has been far greater than that given to people responsible for killing other PEOPLE.

Get a grip, folks. I know some of you dog-lovers love your dogs more than you love your own children... but let's not get carried away here. Vick's prison sentence is more than ample a punishment for what he did... get your head out of your as$ (or your dog's as$ rather).

The Rams' Leonard Little killed a mother of 2 while driving drunk. If that wasn't enough, he got caught driving drunk on two other occasions after that. Yet he is happily playing in the NFL today.

Jim Leyritz killed a mother of 2 while driving drunk. He roams the streets as a free man today.

Mike Vick killed some dogs and did some horrible things and his punishment has been far greater than that given to people responsible for killing other PEOPLE.

Get a grip, folks. I know some of you dog-lovers love your dogs more than you love your own children... but let's not get carried away here. Vick's prison sentence is more than ample a punishment for what he did... get your head out of your as$ (or your dog's as$ rather).

????????????????

Again: ??????????????????

Why are you using these guys to excuse Vick while simultaneously suggesting that the posters criticizing him are OK with Leonard Little and Jim Leyritz? I can't imagine anyone here would be. Leonard Little should not be in the league. The fact that he is is terrible. Just because killing people is worse than serially executing dogs doesn't mean that serially executing dogs is OK. You make it sound as if it as. I hope I'm misinterpreting.

The cost/benefit of Vick's return to the NFL will be too great to ignore for some team - it's going to happen. Yeah, you'll get your P.E.T.A. protesters and related cries of outrage at first - but the bottom line is that those people aren't the vocal majority at football games. Football fans get excited about talented players on their favorite team. A team can sign him for practically the league minimum with incentives and get a dynamic running quarterback that defenses fear greatly. Vick as a #2 QB or a "slash" 3rd-down player is more valuable than every single backup QB out there, and several current starters.

I guarantee Vick will be back in the NFL - but I don't think at Buffalo.

????????????????

Again: ??????????????????

Why are you using these guys to excuse Vick while simultaneously suggesting that the posters criticizing him are OK with Leonard Little and Jim Leyritz? I can't imagine anyone here would be. Leonard Little should not be in the league. The fact that he is is terrible. Just because killing people is worse than serially executing dogs doesn't mean that serially executing dogs is OK. You make it sound as if it as. I hope I'm misinterpreting.

I'm simply stating that Vick has paid his debt to society.

Since being convicted, he lost his job, he lost his freedom, and he's virtually bankrupt. The judge offered him virtually no leniency, sentencing him to one month less than the maximum allowed punishment.

When he gets out of jail, does he deserve another chance? Yes.

Is it also a little weird that these punishments value dogs more than they value humans? Yes.

I'm simply stating that Vick has paid his debt to society.

Since being convicted, he lost his job, he lost his freedom, and he's virtually bankrupt. The judge offered him virtually no leniency, sentencing him to one month less than the maximum allowed punishment.

When he gets out of jail, does he deserve another chance? Yes.

Is it also a little weird that these punishments value dogs more than they value humans? Yes.

I don't doubt that he'll be back in the league. I'd never root for him, however, even if he played for the Bills (which of course he won't). I'll add that the jail sentence was pretty light (based on his the type of conviction he was handed, which could have been worse). But that's par for the course for wealthy people, and I can't blame him for that ...

I don't doubt that he'll be back in the league. I'd never root for him, however, even if he played for the Bills (which of course he won't). I'll add that the jail sentence was pretty light (based on his the type of conviction he was handed, which could have been worse). But that's par for the course for wealthy people, and I can't blame him for that ...

The maximum sentence for that crime is 24 months.

He received 23 months. If you think he got any help for being "rich" you are dead wrong. If anyone was helped by Vick being rich, it was PETA, who milked this for all that it was worth.

That sentence was harsh when you consider the lenience shown for crimes committed against people.

These were just animals.

Look at Lynch he ran a woman down with an suv and left her in the street and never served a single day behind bars.

Pitbulls are not human beings, they're dogs, for crying out loud!

I have to agree with Dawgg and the King - And when you look at Vick's monetary losses and fines, you would think he had murdered every pet dog in the state of Virginia.

They talk about it like he committed a holocaust against pitbulls.

But in reality how many pitbulls could be have electrocuted?

Common sense tells you it wasn't more than a dozen or three.

It's not like he caused an extinction.