What is a Super Bowl win worth to you?

scribo

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be OK with moving the team to Toronto or, say, San Antonio, if it meant winning a Super Bowl within two years of the move?

• Yes, anything for a Super Bowl win
    • No, the Bills need to stay in Buffalo no matter what

The argument for #1 is there are as many bills fans outside WNY (at least 1million) as there are inside WNY now, with 30 years of out-migration. Half the fan base probably never gets to WNY anymore and could give a crap what happens to the area, so for them the term "Buffalo Bills" is not connected to a place anymore. I'm a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team and have been for a long time.. I have never been to St Louis.

At some point we have to admit that WNY will not attract the best free agents and coaches where other options are open to them. Therefore, the WNY-based Bills will continue to cycle player talent in and out, hire former asst coaches like williams and mularkhy and retreads like DJ and Wade and always struggle to get beyond 8 and 8. For example, what has been accomplished in Miami this year cannot happen in Buffalo. WNY would hardly be the first choice of Parcells, Pennington or any other top tier talent.... when other cities make the same or better offers.. where would you rather live for a few years of your career, Buffalo or Miami? what pisses me off is that 4 out of 5 people on this board are OK with year after year of mediocrity as long as they have a team plays its games in the Ralph. There are just as many fans outside WNY would buy just as much merchandise, pay more to watch the games (DTV, etc.) , live and die just as much as fans there for the team, who want to WIN, not just exist.

I almost said yes because, selfishly, I could get to so many more games if they were in San Antonio.

But then I remembered the fan base from when the Bills played down there. It's just not a football city. And I also realized how much I enjoy coming back to the region at least once a year.

I'd prefer Toronto if they really had to move. But the game experience in the region has become equally important to me as winning a SB