Some reason from Vinnie Iyer of Sporting News

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Maybe you should remove your sh-- coloured glasses instead. He was discussing a nucleus of young players for the most of it. He could have added the names Peters, Whitner and Greer to the list. You may not like it to be the case but we actually do have a very large amount of young talent on the roster that could see us in very, very good stead in the near future.

And when that future includes blowing winnable Game after winnable Game because The Coaches cannot out-coach the opposition, regardless of talent, are You still going to be patient? Because let Me tell You right now that is EXACTLY where this Team is headed in the future...They are headed straight into becoming fantastic underachievers because the Coaches cannot match wits, or even match dim-wits, with most other NFL Staffs...Unless of coarse that Staff or HC is on the way out like The Rams and The Raiders...

It's easy for a non-Bills Fan to be patient...They are clueless to the reality of this situation...

I completely agree that the Bills have plenty of talent...They have the talent to win now and be a perennial Playoff Team...But they are regressing when they should be getting better...The Titans are a Young team too...Lessons learned are not Season long things when you have a good Coaching Staff that can outsmart, out Game Plan, and out motivate Opponents...Definitely not 4 Games long either...The Bills lost the Miami Game because they turned the Ball over in the 2nd Half...They lost The Jets Game because they turned the Ball over...The Cleveland Game...UGH! nevermind...These Coaches do not have answers for anything...And even when they think they have the answers, for whatever reason, their Players cannot execute what they are Coaching...They go out there and bumble through it...And lose...

Look at the difference between the Coaching on ST's and the Coaching on Offense...We have a great ST's Coach and it shows up...When the ST's struggle in one Game they bounce back and have a big Game the following week...If the Bills got that kind of Coaching by their HC and their Coordinators they would be fighting for Home Field right now instead of wondering where they will be Drafting next Year...

It's not crap colored glasses...It's called reality...If this team continues down this path they will freaking lose to the KC Chiefs!!! In fact I expect them to lose sunday...They were 5-1 for Gods sake!...That's called serious regression and there is absolutely nothing to be excited about or patient about knowing that fact...It just flat out sucks... B-)

The article makes a few good points, but why is it that the Jets and the Dolphins (!), both of whom were inferior teams last year, have blown past us? Why was such endless patience seemingly not necessary for fans of those teams?

The article makes a few good points, but why is it that the Jets and the Dolphins (!), both of whom were inferior teams last year, have blown past us? Why was such endless patience seemingly not necessary for fans of those teams?

Exactly...

Teams with good Coaching Staffs and decent talent do not regress in mid season either...

But be patient...There is always next Year huh?

Bullsh*t... We've had a decade of next Years promises... B-)

......It's not crap colored glasses...It's called reality...If this team continues down this path they will freaking lose to the KC Chiefs!!! In fact I expect them to lose sunday...They were 5-1 for Gods sake!...That's called serious regression and there is absolutely nothing to be excited about or patient about knowing that fact...It just flat out sucks... :lol:

I guess it goes back to the reasons why we went 5-1......followed by 0-4. Injuries are a factor......but do you honestly believe that if TE plays similar to the first 6 games we will lose against KC? The team I saw this week had not regress(as a team). The QB was paralyzed and wouldn't throw the ball down field......and the coaches blew the chance to steel the victory at the end of the game. The overall play was good.

Amen.

I was as aghast as anyone at the coaching decisions made on that last drive - but Jauron is hardly the only NFL coach that would have made the same mistake. And again, the Bills are building a good nucleus here - you can't just panic and go back to square one and potentially hire the next Gregg Williams or Mike Mularkey to replace him.

JDG

He is the next Gregg or Mike or some unnatural combination. Point is they were losers; Jauron belongs in the same category.

We're always "a year or two" away from having our young players develop and take the next step! We've been that elusive "one or two years away" for a deade now! At what point do you stop taking comfort in the thought that we are "a year or two away"?

Right on. :lol:

jauron's style will never get you past a 1st round playoff loss. Teams win in the playoffs by playing to win, NOT by playing not to lose. Dick is an average coach who takes pride in hoping he can have a chance to win at the end of the game. That same mentality is reflected in his coaching record. jauron is going to coach a team to win 8-9 games, and hope that he gets some bounces his way and some other teams lose so we can finish 10-6 and make the playoffs.

Also, dick's unwillingness to play younger guys and let them learn and grow is mortgaging the future for the sake of the present. Lots of teams can win 24 games in 3 years. The difference is that good teams will go 5-11, 8-8, then 11-5 and into the playoffs. jauron is content going 7-9, 8-8, 9-7.

I agree with this. To succeed in the NFL, a coach has to have a deep-seated desire to go for the jugular. To rip the other guy's throat out when he shows the slightest hint of weakness. To ruthlessly exploit any shortcomings the opponent may have.

You have to want to do these things, even if it means taking a few chances along the way. And the chances you take need to be the right chances--the ones that your players are most likely to come up big on.

As you point out, Jauron is too cautious to be the kind of coach I've described. He's not going to coach with a wide-open, "play to crush the other team" mentality. He's not going to coach like a lion--he's going to coach like an extra-cautious banker. Coaching like that isn't good enough to get past the first or second round of the playoffs.

I once watched a nature show about a gopher tortoise. A female rattlesnake had moved into a gopher tortoise's hole, and the two animals shared it together. They didn't seem to mind each other. Because of the female rattlesnake living in the tortoise hole, a male rattlesnake began spending a lot of time nearby. As the male rattlesnake was coiled up on the ground, he looked up in a tree and saw a hawk. The two animals looked at each other for a moment or two. Then the hawk made his move. He swooped down from that tree branch. The rattlesnake launched himself at the hawk, knowing that his only defense was his poisonous fangs. The rattlesnake was fast, but the hawk was faster. Better. More lethal. In the blink of an eye, the hawk avoided the rattlesnake's attack, killed the snake with his talons, and carried the snake off to his nest. He fed the snake to his chicks.

To be a winning Super Bowl coach, you have to have exactly the same mentality as that hawk. You have to be willing to attack, to go for the kill, and you have to know that your attack will succeed. The hawk knew he was faster and better than the rattlesnake, which is why he risked his life for a meal.