Another One Bits The Dust

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Alaska Sen. Ted Stevens has lost his bid for a seventh term. The longest-serving Republican in the history of the Senate trailed Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich by 3,724 votes after Tuesday's count. That's an insurmountable lead with only about 2,500 overseas ballots left to be counted.

Stevens, who turned 85 Tuesday, also revealed that he will not ask President George W. Bush to give him a pardon for his seven felony convictions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/stevens

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should be in jail. I never liked him since he held up the defense spending bill several years ago with his attachemnt of that stupid bridge on the bill. His own party turned against him and then he gave an emotional speech about beign hung out to dry by the people he helped. What a phoney . :wallbash:

He should be in jail. I never liked him since he held up the defense spending bill several years ago with his attachemnt of that stupid bridge on the bill. His own party turned against him and then he gave an emotional speech about beign hung out to dry by the people he helped. What a phoney . :thumbdown:

Felt the same way about Edwards demise, though that is more of a family thingy, but I could never like the guy. The bad hair thing and all. Very disingenuous.

Stevens was there for the citizens of AK....the biggest welfare state in the US of A, and contrary to popular believe that bridge was needed for Alaska's growth...as much as Sarah might say it wasn't.

Felt the same way about Edwards demise, though that is more of a family thingy, but I could never like the guy. The bad hair thing and all. Very disingenuous.

Stevens was there for the citizens of AK....the biggest welfare state in the US of A, and contrary to popular believe that bridge was needed for Alaska's growth...as much as Sarah might say it wasn't.

I guess what I held against him was the fact that it held up the defense bill , that was needed at the time. There is pork every place but defense should just be defense.

He should be in jail. I never liked him since he held up the defense spending bill several years ago with his attachemnt of that stupid bridge on the bill. His own party turned against him and then he gave an emotional speech about beign hung out to dry by the people he helped. What a phoney . :thumbdown:

I didn't like the fact he refused to swear in the oil exec's when they testified on the hill. :worthy:

I guess you do become an expert after reading thousands and thousands of your posts.

It's nice to see you've spent time reading "thousands and thousands" of my posts while ripping other people for the number of posts they've written. Of course, you are a liberal and hypocrisy is pretty much the foundation of their politics.