It's that time again: Ohio State-Michigan...

buckeyemike

Let's face it: This rivalry is much better when both teams are good. It reached its apex with a #1 vs. #2 matchup two years ago at the Horseshoe.

By the way, a new Michigan joke was making its rounds less than 24 hours after the Wolverines lost a school-record eighth game:

Did you hear they had to cancel the game in Columbus?

No, why?

Because Michigan can't get past Toledo. :wallbash:

I admit, I love to see Michigan sputter and lose to Toledo, but this rivalry is so much more fun when Rose Bowls and BCS Title Game appearances await the winner, and both teams are playing at the top of their game. I think Michigan will be much better over the next two or three years, and Ohio State should continue to maintain their prominence near the top of the rankings. That's why this game is usually at the top of the games to watch during the regular season.

Ohio State is favored by 19, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but they better not look past Michigan. Nonetheless, I think Pryor, Beanie, and the Buckeyes prevail, 41-21.

With the way Michigan has played this year I'd be lying if I said I thought they had a real shot at an upset. But this is college football and strange things happen. You are right,this game is a lot more fun when both teams are good. But no matter what I'll be rooting with all my heart for the Wolverines. Michigan 23 Ohio St. 19 GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's face it: This rivalry is much better when both teams are good. It reached its apex with a #1 vs. #2 matchup two years ago at the Horseshoe.

By the way, a new Michigan joke was making its rounds less than 24 hours after the Wolverines lost a school-record eighth game:

Did you hear they had to cancel the game in Columbus?

No, why?

Because Michigan can't get past Toledo. B-)

I admit, I love to see Michigan sputter and lose to Toledo, but this rivalry is so much more fun when Rose Bowls and BCS Title Game appearances await the winner, and both teams are playing at the top of their game. I think Michigan will be much better over the next two or three years, and Ohio State should continue to maintain their prominence near the top of the rankings. That's why this game is usually at the top of the games to watch during the regular season.

Ohio State is favored by 19, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but they better not look past Michigan. Nonetheless, I think Pryor, Beanie, and the Buckeyes prevail, 41-21.

I actually read where if Ohio St wins & Oregon St loses one of their last 2 games that will open up a wildcard spot in the BCS for Ohio St to go in. They then said the Rose Bowl would pick them to have a rematch against USC. If the Rose Bowl officials have the nerve & the audacity to subject us to another USC blowout of Ohio St to keep the stupid tradition alive(pac 10 vs Big 10) instead of giving the viewing public a matchup that might be interesting to see(USC vs Texas/Oklahoma/Texas Tech) it will be a travesty. F*ck the big 10. No other conference is more overrated year in & year out.

I actually read where if Ohio St wins & Oregon St loses one of their last 2 games that will open up a wildcard spot in the BCS for Ohio St to go in. They then said the Rose Bowl would pick them to have a rematch against USC. If the Rose Bowl officials have the nerve & the audacity to subject us to another USC blowout of Ohio St to keep the stupid tradition alive(pac 10 vs Big 10) instead of giving the viewing public a matchup that might be interesting to see(USC vs Texas/Oklahoma/Texas Tech) it will be a travesty. F*ck the big 10. No other conference is more overrated year in & year out.

Well, since PENN STATE rolled over once again to Iowa, they're in the driver's seat for the Rose Bowl. If they beat Michigan State, they're in.

As for the overrated conference thing, I agree that the Big 11 isn't what it was. I also think the Big 12 isn't what everyone thinks it is. Don't get me wrong, they have an abundance of offesive weaponry on display where nearly every team in the conference has playmakers. Problem is, the display of defense, especially in the marquee matchups of the season, hasn't been all that. If whoever makes it out of that conference gets to go toe to toe w/ a team like Florida, they're going to have trouble. They need to shore up the defense and not have so many basketball scores in their games.

Well, since PENN STATE rolled over once again to Iowa, they're in the driver's seat for the Rose Bowl. If they beat Michigan State, they're in.

As for the overrated conference thing, I agree that the Big 11 isn't what it was. I also think the Big 12 isn't what everyone thinks it is. Don't get me wrong, they have an abundance of offesive weaponry on display where nearly every team in the conference has playmakers. Problem is, the display of defense, especially in the marquee matchups of the season, hasn't been all that. If whoever makes it out of that conference gets to go toe to toe w/ a team like Florida, they're going to have trouble. They need to shore up the defense and not have so many basketball scores in their games.

That is right. I read this article before Penn ST lost to Iowa(it assumed PSU was going to the NC). Penn St/USC does not do much for me either. USC should roll them.

I agree with your statement on the big 12. Tough to tell where they stand since none of the teams in the Big 12 have been challenged in their out of conference play. It will be interesting to see how they matchup against the speed of an SEC defense.

There is a book about the OSU / Michigan rivalry titled "One Game Season". It is more than just a title. For both it is their season but especially for Michigan. The Buckeyes better not take them lightly.

Who knows how good the Big 12 is? But they all can't be bad. Someone has to knock off the SEC.

Penn St. and SC might be a good matchup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.