Hardy only 1 less TD than Evans

truth on hold

why is everyone so down on hardy? he's only 1 behind evans in TDs, and he's seen a lot less playing time. and oh yeah, one of those catches won us the game against jaguars on the road. i think this guy is progressing nicely and if he can double his production in the 2nd half then we just might squeak out a playoff spot. if not, i'm afraid this offense is no better and perhaps worse, than the one we've seen for years now, and we're doomed

So, you looked at the "TD" column of some stats page and figured that Hardy is progressing nicely because he has one less TD than Evans?

Look at the other columns and notice that he has 9 catches for 87 yards compared to Lee's 37 catches for 700 yards....and that's with Evans being double-teamed against NYJ & NE* and a combined 1 catch. I'm not sure how you'd say that's progress.

Nevertheless, I'd like to see more from him. He needs to do what Reed has been doing - running good routes, getting open, and blocking. Hardy won't be running any reverses or anything like that, but he needs to find the spots and get open so Trent doesn't give up after seeing Evans double-covered.

Honestly, Hardy should be cut some slack. He is learning the pro game. Those who expected him to jump right in a become Randy Moss were extremely delusional. I see progress in his game. Trent has been having a hell of a time connecting with him because their timing is off together. Getting the late, seemingly meaningless touchdown at the end of the NE, i believe game helps boost his confidence. Look for him to get more looks in the coming games. Fans just need to let him grow. The same can be said about Mckelvin.

Honestly, Hardy should be cut some slack. He is learning the pro game. Those who expected him to jump right in a become Randy Moss were extremely delusional. I see progress in his game. Trent has been having a hell of a time connecting with him because their timing is off together. Getting the late, seemingly meaningless touchdown at the end of the NE, i believe game helps boost his confidence. Look for him to get more looks in the coming games. Fans just need to let him grow. The same can be said about Mckelvin.

The loss of Reed obviously magnifies his progression or lack thereof. The disturbing thing to me is the lack of plays that they have drawn up for him in the red zone. Progress or not, throwing him a fade or a quick slant if the middle of the field is open can't be as bad as running it three times in a row can it?

The loss of Reed obviously magnifies his progression or lack thereof. The disturbing thing to me is the lack of plays that they have drawn up for him in the red zone. Progress or not, throwing him a fade or a quick slant if the middle of the field is open can't be as bad as running it three times in a row can it?

Wouldn't you like to know what play Trent audibled out of on 3rd down?