Some rational rationalization

webtoe

The Bills are still 5-3 with 3 winnable games coming up. They are clearly not ready for prime time players yet, but the foundation is there and they still have a legit shot at the play-offs.

On offense, I really think it is as easy as saying the Center is the problem (see 3-4 thread). It is the lynch pin of the offense, and needs to be the priority in the off-season. I think the rest of the pieces are in place for a bright future. I am not that concerned about TE. Yes he has had a couple of bad games, but he still shows the skills necessary to be an effective QB. Regarding this past week, that was his first time facing a Belicheat defense that has gameplanned for him. He is not the first QB to look bad in that scenario. Getting Reed back will help. Also, someone needs to wake-up Dockery.

On Defense, the coaching has been horrendous. They are playing too cautious. I know that is the MO of the Tampa-2, but with the personnel they have, against the teams like MIA and NE they need to bring pressure on the QB and press the WRs. The teams in the AFC East are all patient and able to dink and dunk with the best of them, especially Pennington and Cassell. Some size at LB and DE need to be priorites in the off-season as well.