Some Perspective

Dawgg

Good point. I think it was Marv. He tried ever so hard to emulate Polian and the Colts, who also ran the Tampa 2. He even signed their trash (Larry Triplett) from Indianapolis to a big contract, only to cut him 2 seasons later.

We'll never know how much input or research Marv did into the draft, but I'm guessing he didn't play the entire Polian role during draft day. I believe he deferred a great deal to DJ, who had personnel control his first two seasons in Chi-town.

They had an excellent draft the next year. Poz is great (he's fifth in the league in tackles right now and a central reason why the Bills run D is better), Edwards is good, and so is Lynch. So give them credit for that.

I like the 07 draft a great deal. When Lynch begins taking what he's given (which isn't much) and gets a few more lanes to use, he'll be a fine back.

Posluszny is a super-rookie, and has made some mistakes. He hasn't shied from contact, and given his injury last year, that's good. He's just a little too aggressive right now. That will be channeled correctly with more game experience.

Despite his poor showings the last few games, Trent is a super-rookie as well. He will improve and mature as a player and there will be better days. I firmly believe he is the future QB of this franchise. The coaches he has though, are not.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic