Why is Doug Flutie Treated Like A God?

Steely Dan

People really need to get over this concept. He has been given plenty of shots, on 4 different teams. His problem was he was never good enough to keep it.

Flutie was the better QB when he was in Buffalo. RJ was aquired and given the starting job based on a few good games in Jacksonville and his measurables. That was a mistake. Flutie got screwed. Just my opinion.

Flutie was the better QB when he was in Buffalo. RJ was aquired and given the starting job based on a few good games in Jacksonville and his measurables. That was a mistake. Flutie got screwed. Just my opinion.

I agree DF got screwed out of the Titans playoff game. But that does not refute the fact DF had been unable to retain the starting job on 4 different teams.

Ask yourself why that kept happening. Explore the possibilities.

I agree DF got screwed out of the Titans playoff game. But that does not refute the fact DF had been unable to retain the starting job on 4 different teams.

Ask yourself why that kept happening. Explore the possibilities.

I think when you have the physical limitations (height,arm strength) that DF had,teams were always looking to replace him regardless of on-field results. I really don't know the details of his situations on his other teams,but I believe that was definitely the case with the Bills. Honestly though,I am somewhat biased toward him on that point being a short guy myself.

Doug Flutie is a was a Heisnman trophy-winning Boston College Eagles hero and one of the best QBs Buffalo ever had, not to mention his CFL career, where he won 6 league MVPs and 3 Grey Cup MVPs. That Rob Johnson ever started over Flutie for the Bills was laughable - you just have to look at the results.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BuffaloTom74

Flutie was the biggest prick athlete I've ever come across. He is everything I'm going to teach my son NOT to be as he gets old enough to compete in athletics. Pure !@#$ if you ask me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.