In the course of all this Time Warner comversation...

The Dean

I may have forgotten to mention just how much I despise Comcast.

So, a couple of years ago, Comcast took over for TW here in St Augustine Beach (and surrounding areas). Now, aside from overall s#itty service, outages, poor quality signal, etc., they have been removing channels on the basic tier, one at a time, without notice. (Their response was "we put a notice in the local newspaper.)

So, today, at about 2PM, Comedy Central was gone. I called and the support people were, basically, clueless.

"Did you check the lineup on Comcast.net?"

Yes, it still has CC on channel 65, but then again it still has National Geographic on 28, but that hasn't been there in month.

"Well, the website takes some time to change"

Brilliant, no?

"I see here that Comedy Central has been moved to channel 60. Did you check that?:

Yes, is is still Lifetime.

The Comcast support rep makes sure to get my phone number and address.

"Well, let me check if there are any outages."...time passes..."No outages. My list has CC on channel 60."

No, it's still Lifetime....phone goes dead...

Of course the support guy calls back...right? :lol: :lol: :unsure::nana:

So, it looks as though they are picking off stations one-at-a-time, so that we will be forced to get Digital cable (which we don't want or need, right now).

Don't bother to say get Direct TV. You are preaching to the choir. It is simply not an option in my current situation.

If CC is really gone, I will have to give this coc#sucking rat bastards the extra $$ to get a digital box, at least for my room.

God DAMN do I hate Comcast. How can they not know what their channel lineup is?

I may have forgotten to mention just how much I despise Comcast.

So, a couple of years ago, Comcast took over for TW here in St Augustine Beach (and surrounding areas). Now, aside from overall s#itty service, outages, poor quality signal, etc., they have been removing channels on the basic tier, one at a time, without notice. (Their response was "we put a notice in the local newspaper.)

So, today, at about 2PM, Comedy Central was gone. I called and the support people were, basically, clueless.

"Did you check the lineup on Comcast.net?"

Yes, it still has CC on channel 65, but then again it still has National Geographic on 28, but that hasn't been there in month.

"Well, the website takes some time to change"

Brilliant, no?

"I see here that Comedy Central has been moved to channel 60. Did you check that?:

Yes, is is still Lifetime.

The Comcast support rep makes sure to get my phone number and address.

"Well, let me check if there are any outages."...time passes..."No outages. My list has CC on channel 60."

No, it's still Lifetime....phone goes dead...

Of course the support guy calls back...right? :lol: :lol: :unsure::nana:

So, it looks as though they are picking off stations one-at-a-time, so that we will be forced to get Digital cable (which we don't want or need, right now).

Don't bother to say get Direct TV. You are preaching to the choir. It is simply not an option in my current situation.

If CC is really gone, I will have to give this coc#sucking rat bastards the extra $$ to get a digital box, at least for my room.

God DAMN do I hate Comcast. How can they not know what their channel lineup is?

YEAH! F' em!!! I got your back Deano. Let's go kick some Coaxial ass...

And, another thing about these douchebags. Cable systems claim that there is a shortage of channels on the basic level...it's one of the arguments they use against carrying the NFL Network on basic cable. In my experience, in every city I have lived in, is that is simply a bold-faced liel

Here are the channel numbers, on my local system, that have NOTHING on them...just static:

65 (maybe temporary? Comcast seems to have no idea)

Every channel over 67

And, another thing about these douchebags. Cable systems claim that there is a shortage of channels on the basic level...it's one of the arguments they use against carrying the NFL Network on basic cable. In my experience, in every city I have lived in, is that is simply a bold-faced liel

Here are the channel numbers, on my local system, that have NOTHING on them...just static:

65 (maybe temporary? Comcast seems to have no idea)

Every channel over 67

So, how many cannels of sh-- on the TV are left to choose from?

Here's my story:

I have the TW bundle (Cable Internet, HD Cable w/ HBO etc, Digital Phone). For the most part, I've been satisfied with my service. I also have Tivo Series 3 HD which I LOVE. To use this service, I have to have the CableCARD, which TW installed with a minimum of problems and some problems are to be expected because only a small number of people have it. Anyway, I get a letter a couple of months ago telling me that there are about to be some problems. Why? Well to expand service without installing new (costly) infrastructure, TW is switching over to Switched Digital Video (SDV). Don't worry though, we'll supply you with a tuning adapter so that you can continue to use the CableCARD (which I'm paying a couple extra bucks a month to rent).

Over the weekend they made some SDV changes which basically made all of the HBOs, ESPNs and like another 30 channels not work on my Tivo. I call tech support asking if they made this switch. I was put on hold and told that "Yes, we made some changes over the weekend so that you now have (4 channels) in HD now, but you'll need to use the old box to view them." I say "Yes, I figured that was the case. When will the tuning adapters be available?" This of course stuns the girl on the phone who obviously is not trained to answer this question. I don't blame her. She has a crappy job for a crappy company. That's the way it goes.

Today they changed back. Why? Well, they were fined $20k by the FCC for making the switch without first providing CableCARD customers with the tuning adapters in advance. Of course, this could just be a temporary fail-back because something went wrong with the change, but I'm hoping they're waiting until the adapters are available.