You heard it, mark this one down

ASCI

Kerry said he would make us 100% safe from terrorism.

Is this guy for real?

safe all the time????

84063[/snapback]

He didn't say that. He said he would win the war on terror, which I guess amounts to the same thing.

Great. Will anyone share just how he plans to do it? There's a whole bunch of us, some having been in the business 30 years and more, that would really like to know.

He didn't say that. He said he would win the war on terror, which I guess amounts to the same thing.

Great. Will anyone share just how he plans to do it? There's a whole bunch of us, some having been in the business 30 years and more, that would really like to know.

84075[/snapback]

he has a plan. it's safely hidden in algore's lockbox

84075[/snapback]

It's not going to be up in the air whether or not we make America safe."

Looks to me he said that under him we would be 100 percent safe. Nowhere in that quote does it say a little safer or a lot safer or even safer. He said safe. The man will say anything to get in office.

Looks to me he said that under him we would be 100 percent safe.  Nowhere in that quote does it say a little safer or a lot safer or even safer.  He said safe. The man will say anything to get in office.

84118[/snapback]

That's OK. The bad part is that people believe him.

Is this guy for real?

safe all the time????

84063[/snapback]

Where in the article you linked does it say he said what you say he said? Sorry, but I would rather judge for myself what Kerry said rather than your interpretation. All I read was him having said, in response to Bush's statement on Hannity that "whether or not we can be ever fully safe is up — you know, up in the air." Kerry's response was that if he were President, "It's not going to be up in the air whether or not we make America safe." In response to that, the President's spokesperson said "The president said we can win the war on terror and we will win the war on terror."

Nowhere does the number "100%" come up nor does either claim that they can guarantee that there will be no attacks against the US. The President made a poorly worded comment, "up in the air" and Kerry jumped on it the same way a poorly worded comment, "global test" got jumped on by Bush. These things become obvious when you quote their actual words as opposed to your partisan spin. I don't mean that as an insult or to call you out. You are not the only one on the board doing it. As special as you are to all of us, you aren't special in that regard. <_<

Bush says we will win the war on terrorism, does that mean he is guaranteeing that we won't ever be attacked? Is that what a "win" of this war means? Kerry says he will make America safe, does that mean he is making such a guarantee? What does being safe mean in this context? I think the elevator in my building is "safe" but does that mean I can guarantee it will never malfunction and hurt someone? No, but it does mean that it is "safe" enough for me use it on a daily basis.

These terms are inherently nebulous which is precisely why the politicians use them so that it sounds like they are saying something when they are not. "Win", "safe", in the context of a "war on terrorism" these terms don't have much meaning. We aren't going to wake up one day to headlines that read "Terrorists Surrender, Peace Declared". Bush in fact often uses the same language the Kerry is using against him in this episode. Bush has many times claimed that he has made America "safer" that we are "winning" the war against terrorism. Now Kerry says he will make us "safe", that he won't put our safety "up in the air". They are both throwing hot air balloons at eachother.

"You make me president of the United States, we're going to win the war on terror," Kerry said at an evening rally in Boca Raton, Fla.

I thought Kerry said we COULDN'T win the war on terror.

Damn, this guy gets confusing sometimes.

Is this guy for real?

safe all the time????

84063[/snapback]

It pained me to watch that show, but I did. The funny thing is, katie was actually tring to hold his feet to the fire a little, actually on two questions, this one and another that he totally ignored and started speaking about something else.

She even went out of her way to confirm that he really understood what he said. It was amazing, he straight up said "Yes" to answer her question. Then he went on to say that we won WWII, and we can do it again.....What?

This clown has no problem saying ANYTHING to get himself elected.

Where in the article you linked does it say he said what you say he said?  Sorry, but I would rather judge for myself what Kerry said rather than your interpretation.  All I read was him having said, in response to Bush's statement on Hannity that "whether or not we can be ever fully safe is up — you know, up in the air."  Kerry's response was that if he were President, "It's not going to be up in the air whether or not we make America safe."  In response to that, the President's spokesperson said "The president said we can win the war on terror and we will win the war on terror."

Nowhere does the number "100%" come up nor does either claim that they can guarantee that there will be no attacks against the US.  The President made a poorly worded comment, "up in the air" and Kerry jumped on it the same way a poorly worded comment, "global test" got jumped on by Bush.  These things become obvious when you quote their actual words as opposed to your partisan spin.  I don't mean that as an insult or to call you out.  You are not the only one on the board doing it.  As special as you are to all of us, you aren't special in that regard. <_<

Bush says we will win the war on terrorism, does that mean he is guaranteeing that we won't ever be attacked?  Is that what a "win" of this war means?  Kerry says he will make America safe, does that mean he is making such a guarantee?  What does being safe mean in this context?  I think the elevator in my building is "safe" but does that mean I can guarantee it will never malfunction and hurt someone?  No, but it does mean that it is "safe" enough for me use it on a daily basis. 

These terms are inherently nebulous which is precisely why the politicians use them so that it sounds like they are saying something when they are not.  "Win", "safe", in the context of a "war on terrorism" these terms don't have much meaning.  We aren't going to wake up one day to headlines that read "Terrorists Surrender, Peace Declared".  Bush in fact often uses the same language the Kerry is using against him in this episode.  Bush has many times claimed that he has made America "safer" that we are "winning" the war against terrorism.  Now Kerry says he will make us "safe", that he won't put our safety "up in the air".  They are both throwing hot air balloons at eachother.

84771[/snapback]

Umm, we watched it mick. thats what we do. Should I have tivoed it and sent you a copy???

He friggin said it, 100% sure that we will not be attacked with me as president" then we went on to say that he is sure about it because we won WWII. Like I said, a mindless clown.