it's simple

JimmyPage

Guest dog14787
Exactly because nevermind the following:

-What down and distance a carry was on

-What team they were playing

-What part of the field the play was on.

-How the line blocked on the particular play

-What defensive call was made? Was it an obvious running situation, or a 3rd down and long draw play (Freddy most commonly lined up for that play over Lynch for example) to get into a better punting situation.

-What the conditions were like

-What the fatigue level of the opponent was

-What plays were run leading up to this play

-etc

-etc....

I really like both backs on our team btw

look, with all due respect guys, I like Marshawn and he is still a work in progress. Marshawn Lynch also has less overall experience than Jackson. The point I make is maybe we should give Freddie Jackson a shot at the starting position and in my opinion he's earned one, thats all.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
that's incorrect, especially since marshawn missed several games due to injury.

marshawn had the most carries per game played iirc

yup, was correcting it but you beat me to the punch :lol:

and it seems like if I remember correctly, don't quote me on this because my memorey is horrible and sometimes selective :lol: , but Marshawn Lynch averaged more touches per game then any RB in the NFL last year.

Whats your point he still averaged 4ypc....If he had not missed 3 games last season he would have been atleast 1400yds as a rookie.....

I'm sorry but a ordinary runner does not get 1400yds behind this line, esp in his rookie season....

Guest dog14787
Whats your point he still averaged 4ypc....If he had not missed 3 games last season he would have been atleast 1400yds as a rookie.....

I'm sorry but a ordinary runner does not get 1400yds behind this line, esp in his rookie season....

I don't have a good point there, you do, 4 ypc is very good for a rookie.

However now that the defenses know him better, his ypc has dropped off to what most would call an average RB. I don't know how to explain it and maybe the same would happen with Freddie Jackson although I don't think so. Freddie Jackson to me is something special, he's smart, he's crafty, he's fast and I don't think anyone realizes yet just how good this guy might be if given the chance.

Seriously...

This is the two games Fred Jackson took Marshawn's place last year as the starter.

Washington: 16 for 82, against a stout run defense and Miami: 15 for 115, averaging 6.3 yards a carry as a starter, let me repeat, Fred Jackson averaged 6.3 yards a carry as a starter when Lynch had ankle problems last year.

That all well and good....

But of course you leave out that Lynch ran for 100yds also in that very same Miami game.....

and in Washington....Jackson was great...but 16 for 82.....lets remember that the Redskins in honoring Taylor's death ran the opening play with only 10 players.....and the bills took advantage of it for a 22 yard gain.....so 15 for 60...4.0ypc...the same kind of grind it out game....that Lynch has...

Guest dog14787
That all well and good....

But of course you leave out that Lynch ran for 100yds also in that very same Miami game.....

and in Washington....Jackson was great...but 16 for 82.....lets remember that the Redskins in honoring Taylor's death ran the opening play with only 10 players.....and the bills took advantage of it for a 22 yard gain.....so 15 for 60...4.0ypc...the same kind of grind it out game....that Lynch has...

Yup, and you didn't mention it took Lynch 23 carries for 107yds vs. Jackson's 15 carries for 115yds on the very same Miami game.

He deserves it.

How? How does he deserve it? Explain that. Now, I'm never going to stand here and say that JP is a good quarterback, but railing the dude is completely stoopid (I misspelled it on purpose, in case you were planning to lambaste me for it). He was drafted by Buffalo, he moved here, worked his tail off, tried to be a good quarterback and steward to the City, and it didn't work out.

I hope that someone that has absolutely no knowledge of the details regarding what you do for a living spends their free time telling everyone that you deserve to be bad mouthed repeatedly for trying to do your job. It might give you some perspective.

He deserves it, sheesh. If I used profanity I'd be doing it right now, and you would be the target.

I repeat, you are a joke.

The amount of stats being thrown around in this thread has gotten to stupid levels. I'm OK if you want to tell me receiver A is better than receiver B because he had 10 more catches and 2 more TD's, but this yards per carry/percentage of red zone touches/TDs in arena football is !@#$in retarded. And dog, if you can't see that, than go ahead and keep your worthless crusade alive. Lynch is better RB than Fred Jackson...you want to know how I know that? I have eyes. It has nothing to do with him being the #11 overall pick. It has everything to do with the fact that he's a fantastic RB, who unfortunately has to make 2 people miss before getting to the line of scrimmage. Has it crossed your mind once during your stat-a-thon that opposite teams GAMEPLAN for Marshawn? I really like Fred Jackson a lot, and I'm glad he's on our team, but we gave him 3 carries inside the 5 last game and he couldn't get the job done. However, Marshawn has scored 6 times already, but you play it off, "well, uhh he gets 90% of the carries.." Bullsh!t, Freddy got a legit shot against Miami and flunked.

Guest dog14787
The amount of stats being thrown around in this thread has gotten to stupid levels. I'm OK if you want to tell me receiver A is better than receiver B because he had 10 more catches and 2 more TD's, but this yards per carry/percentage of red zone touches/TDs in arena football is !@#$in retarded. And dog, if you can't see that, than go ahead and keep your worthless crusade alive. Lynch is better RB than Fred Jackson...you want to know how I know that? I have eyes. It has nothing to do with him being the #11 overall pick. It has everything to do with the fact that he's a fantastic RB, who unfortunately has to make 2 people miss before getting to the line of scrimmage. Has it crossed your mind once during your stat-a-thon that opposite teams GAMEPLAN for Marshawn? I really like Fred Jackson a lot, and I'm glad he's on our team, but we gave him 3 carries inside the 5 last game and he couldn't get the job done. However, Marshawn has scored 6 times already, but you play it off, "well, uhh he gets 90% of the carries.." Bullsh!t, Freddy got a legit shot against Miami and flunked.

Oh, here we are with pulling one set of downs out of a hat to prove a point again, brilliant. Yes, they gameplan for Marshawn and thats why his ypc dropped off, you make my point for me. A good running back still gets the job done because it works both ways and the RB should also learn something through experience. Lynch as the starter is not getting the job done or we would have seen a 100 yard rusher by now.

It would be a SHOCKER if Lynch was benched for Jackson. Come on. It would be outrageous. I seriously doubt that Jackson has the type of body able to sustain 25 carries per game. He's a change of pace running back, a solid #2 behind Lynch.

Lynch is good, not top 5 in the league good yet but definitely close to top 10.

Guest dog14787
With all these college offenses we're seeing this year, I think we should run the Wishbone with both of them. Then everyone would be happy.

:ph34r:

:o

Royal is in his 7th season......and was a 5th round pick originally.

I don't think 'bust' is the correct descriptive word when applied to FA pickups. Hasn't panned out......waste of money....etc would work better.

Anybody think that the Bills are looking at FA Tight Ends and an early TE pick next year?

:ph34r:

First, the look at TE's already playing.

Here are the TE's who will be Free Agents in 2009 if they don't get re-signed by their respective teams, with age and yrs in NFL...

Desmond Clark TE CHI 31 9

Will Heller--------TE SEA 27 5

Jeff King--------- TE CAR 25 2

Jim Kleinsasser- TE MIN 31 8

Ben Patrick------ TE ARI 24 1

Leonard Pope----TE ARI 25 2

L.J. Smith--------TE PHI 28 5

Daniel Wilcox----TE BAL 31 4

If we take one of these guys, it won't be a 31-year-old. That limits it to Heller, King, Patrick, Pope and Smith.

Will Heller is worse than we have.

King, 260-lb. 5th RD, 2nd yr. is the receiving type. In his 1 16-game season his 46 catches netted 406 yds.

Patrick, 260 lb. 7th RD, 1st yr. played 6 games last year. 7 catches, 73 yd. They'll keep Pope, release King.

Pope, 260 lb. 3rd RD, had his best year a year ago, 23 catches 238 yd.

LJ Smith, 260 lb. 2nd RD, had his best year 2 years ago. 50 catches 611 yd, and has played fewer and fewer games since.

Wilcox, 250 lb UDFA, has never played a full season. His best was 14 games 2 years ago, 20 catches 166 yd.

If we can't get Jeff King, watch for the Bills to draft TE early (RD 2 or 3). No TE's will be worth a RD1 pick at the point we'll be drafting one. It'll be too early to take Chase Coffman, and Brandon Pettigrew is a better match for what we need, and we could trade back in RD1 for him or trade up in RD2.

Guest dog14787

Correction on my stats, Jackson only started one game last year and it was against Washington. Freddie Jackson averaged 5.2 yards a carry.

Guest dog14787
22 of which came on the first play vs 10 player defense

It doesn't change the fact that Fred Jackson leads Marshawn Lynch in average yards per run and yards per catch in his NFL career behind the same O-line or the fact that Marshawn Lynch's numbers are getting worst instead of better so somethings bound to give.

I would like to see Marshawn Lynch improve his performance because its very important to the team that he does, but if he doesn't I would also like to see Fred Jackson get the chance to start and I think he's earned that chance.

Its just my opinion but Fred Jackson see's the holes better and has a better chance of making an average O-line look good.

It doesn't change the fact that Fred Jackson leads Marshawn Lynch in average yards per run and yards per catch in his NFL career behind the same O-line or the fact that Marshawn Lynch's numbers are getting worst instead of better so somethings bound to give......

I haven't got the time to do the research but are you aware that it is extremely common for a backup RB to have a better(sometimes much better) YPC than the incumbent starting RB?

Some factors as to why......

Gameplanning of the D was for the starting RB.....not the backup.

"Oh, it's only the backup.....let's focus on stopping the passing game more"