it's simple

JimmyPage

Oh you wept to the mod I got a PM from the mod.

You should really try thinking before you post.

Having not 'wept to the mod'......how do you think I perceive this post & you after your accusation?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly, didn't you label this type of retort as "a rinky dink forum tactic" in another post?

What a joke.

Do you normally struggle with reading comprehension?

I explained very very clearly what that tactic was and it wasn't used in any post of mine and never will be.

Guest dog14787
I haven't got the time to do the research but are you aware that it is extremely common for a backup RB to have a better(sometimes much better) YPC than the incumbent starting RB?

Some factors as to why......

Gameplanning of the D was for the starting RB.....not the backup.

"Oh, it's only the backup.....let's focus on stopping the passing game more"

I tend to agree without researching because thats how new talent gets discovered, but its also common to give the backup RB with good numbers a shot at starting if the running game is not as productive as you would like from your starter.

The Big tuna would have probably started Fred Jackson by now.

You should really try thinking before you post.

Having not 'wept to the mod'......how do you think I perceive this post & you after your accusation?

I don't care how you perceive it.

I'm not into worrying about how you who does nothing but instagates perceives anything.

I tend to agree without researching because thats how new talent gets discovered, but its also common to give the backup RB with good numbers a shot at starting if the running game is not as productive as you would like from your starter.

I guess this all comes back to the assessment of talent of not only the two RBs in question but also the OL. You may well be right in that FJ will be the better starter......but when considering all of the factors, I really have to go with 'trust the coaches(and media analysts) on this one'.

I don't care how you perceive it.

I'm not into worrying about how a you who does nothing but instagates perceives anything.

:wallbash:

How about this then......

F :ph34r: ck you and your insulting, unfounded & incorrect accusations F :o cktard!

How? How does he deserve it? Explain that. Now, I'm never going to stand here and say that JP is a good quarterback, but railing the dude is completely stoopid (I misspelled it on purpose, in case you were planning to lambaste me for it). He was drafted by Buffalo, he moved here, worked his tail off, tried to be a good quarterback and steward to the City, and it didn't work out.

I hope that someone that has absolutely no knowledge of the details regarding what you do for a living spends their free time telling everyone that you deserve to be bad mouthed repeatedly for trying to do your job. It might give you some perspective.

He deserves it, sheesh. If I used profanity I'd be doing it right now, and you would be the target.

I repeat, you are a joke.

You are a farce and calling Losman a steward of Buffalo is utterly stooopid.

He deserves all the criticism in the world.

He was taken out of the lineup for his refusal to manage the game in the manner the coaches wanted him to.

Afterwards he blamed it on previous offensive coordinators.

If that were the case the head coach would have had him back in there under the new coordinator.

But it isn't the case , Losman is on the bench because he was beat out of the job.

He needs to point the finger at himself.

When he got back in there on the Edwards injury he was the same old Losman constantly looking for the big play taking sacks and fumbling the ball.

He is a complete bust at this point and a waste of 3 draft picks.

Guest dog14787
I guess this all comes back to the assessment of talent of not only the two RBs in question but also the OL. You may well be right in that FJ will be the better starter......but when considering all of the factors, I really have to go with 'trust the coaches(and media analysts) on this one'.

I may also be wrong, 1st round draft picks have allot of pressure put on them right from the get go and it wouldn't surprise me that the second year gets harder then the first for a RB in this league. Marshawn Lynch has to step up and get better though, now the defeneses know him and gameplan against him, he needs to know them and find ways to beat them without trying to run through them. Everyones counting on him and if he can't do the job, someone else will.

I do agree with you, trust the coaches know best. :ph34r:

I may also be wrong, 1st round draft picks have allot of pressure put on them right from the get go and it wouldn't surprise me that the second year gets harder then the first for a RB in this league. Marshawn Lynch has to step up and get better though, now the defeneses know him and gameplan against him, he needs to know them and find ways to beat them without trying to run through them. Everyones counting on him and if he can't do the job, someone else will.

I do agree with you, trust the coaches know best. :blink:

If Marshawn achieves 1650 total yards this year....

Will you consider that a successful season or not??

If Marshawn achieves 1650 total yards this year....

Will you consider that a successful season or not??

Lynch is on pace to get 1029 yards rushing & 336 receiving.......he isn't having a great statistical year so far this season.

Losman is a bust. Get over it.

Lynch is a disapointment. He is a good NFL back.However backs of his caliber can be found in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round almost any year. In other words, Bills overpaid.....again.

He is not an elite back. This whole Beastmode label is a sophmoric attempt to make him somthing he is not.

Truth hurts but wtf. Believe your eyes NOT the hype.

Losman is a bust. Get over it.

Lynch is a disapointment. He is a good NFL back.However backs of his caliber can be found in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round almost any year. In other words, Bills overpaid.....again.

He is not an elite back. This whole Beastmode label is a sophmoric attempt to make him somthing he is not.

Truth hurts but wtf. Believe your eyes NOT the hype.

Ignoring how good/average ML is......one cannot simply 'find' a player of his caliber in later rounds. One cannot simply 'find' a player of his caliber in the 1st round.

It is a complete misconception that you can just grab any RB & off you go.

Most 1st round RBs bust out......at a guess(I'm not doing the research) I'd say a much higher percent of 2nd-5th round RBs are busts.

12 years of 1st round RBs......1995-2006

Red = bust for drafting team

Bold = probowl for drafting team

(1)Ki-Jana Carter

(2)Ronnie Brown

(2)Reggie Bush

(4)Edgerrin James

(4)Cedric Benson

(5)Curtis Enis

(5)Ricky Williams

(5)Jamal Lewis

(5)LaDainian Tomlinson

(5)Cadillac Williams

(6)Lawrence Phillips

(7)Thomas Jones

(8)Tim Biakabutuka

(9)Fred Taylor

(11)Ron Dayne

(12)Warrick Dunn

(14)Eddie George

(16)William Green

(17)Tyrone Wheatley

(18)Napoleon Kaufman

(18)Robert Edwards

(18)T.J. Duckett

(19)James Stewart

(19)Shaun Alexander

(21)Rashaan Salaam

(21)Laurence Maroney

(23)Antowain Smith

(23)Deuce McAllister

(23)Willis McGahee

(24)Steven Jackson

(26)Chris Perry

(27)Michael Bennett

(27)Larry Johnson

(27)DeAngelo Williams

(29)John Avery

(30)Kevin Jones

(30)Joseph Addai

(31)Trung Canidate

"Most 1st round RBs bust out......at a guess(I'm not doing the research) I'd say a much higher percent of 2nd-5th round RBs are busts"

WTF? So you are saying 1st rounders a more prone to be a bust as opposed to a middlerounder?

By saying so you concur that you can wait for round 3-4-5 to get a back of ML's caliber.

Beastmode my ass............thats just baloney.

Believe your eyes. Not the hype.

Lynch certain doesn't measure up to those pro bowl backs.

At 1st glance, off that list his closest peers are Antowain Smith, Willis Magahee and T J Duckett.

It's curious that you have Ricky Williams as a bust, he had one huge year in Miami that I doubt lynch could ever match and the rest of his career as far as ypc was comparable to lynch.

So would that make lynch a bust or worse?

"Most 1st round RBs bust out......at a guess(I'm not doing the research) I'd say a much higher percent of 2nd-5th round RBs are busts"

WTF? So you are saying 1st rounders a more prone to be a bust as opposed to a middlerounder?

By saying so you concur that you can wait for round 3-4-5 to get a back of ML's caliber.

:blink:

NO.....that's why I typed "I'd say a much higher percent of 2nd-5th round RBs are busts"

This means that 1st round RBs have a high bust rate......therefore 2nd-5th round RBs would have a MASSIVE bust rate.

Well I dont know whether you could say rounds 2-5 have a massive bust rate.

You can trade a 1st round pick for multiple lower round picks.

So you're comparing apples and oranges.

For me the only point is that lynch doesn't fit in the group of elite backs on your list.

Where does he fit?

He could be placed somewhere in the middle of the pack.

And that kind of runs in line with my assessment of... ordinary.

Well I dont know whether you could say rounds 2-5 have a massive bust rate.

You can trade a 1st round pick for multiple lower round picks.

So you're comparing apples and oranges.

For me the only point is that lynch doesn't fit in the group of elite backs on your list.

Where does he fit?

He could be placed somewhere in the middle of the pack.

And that kind of runs in line with my assessment of... ordinary.

I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt & have a discussion with you here......

My list was in response to UncleBuff's statement that....

".....backs of his caliber can be found in the 3rd, 4th and 5th round almost any year....."

This implies that if you want/need a RB you simply have to draft one in those rounds & you'll do just fine.

The reality is that a majority of 1st round RBs don't pan out for the drafting club to be decent RBs(good enough to start) let alone good ones. To assume you can just grab one from the later rounds and have him be decent.....when you want/need a RB is erroneous.

.....and trading down for multiple picks? There is only so many roster spots one can use for RB......unless one thinks they can determine the 'good' one in early training camp(when it couldn't be determined pre-draft) one has to wait till the player gets on the field to show what he 'actually' has.

You may well feel that Lynch is nothing special......but getting a replacement of similar caliber is tougher than many think.

.....and trading down for multiple picks? There is only so many roster spots one can use for RB......unless one thinks they can determine the 'good' one in early training camp(when it couldn't be determined pre-draft) one has to wait till the player gets on the field to show what he 'actually' has.

Of course you can determine it better in camp.

There are plenty of great players found after the 1st round.

You may well feel that Lynch is nothing special......but getting a replacement of similar caliber is tougher than many think.

If I feel Lynch is nothing special then finding a replacement isnt all that difficult.

So no I don't really agree with that statement.

2007 NFL draft:

Round 3: Lorenzo Booker, Tony Hunt, Garret Wolfe

Round 4: Michael Bush, Antonio Pittman, Dwayne Wright

Round 5: Kolby Smith

2006 NFL draft:

Round 3: Brian Calhoun, Jerious Norwood

Round 4: Michael Robinson, Leon Washington, PJ Daniels

Round 5: Jerome Harrison

Where exactly are all of these great backs that can be found in rounds 3-5?

One of the biggest draft myths is that great talent can be easily found in the middle and late rounds of the draft. Getting a very good player from the middle rounds is close to a 1 in 100 shot.