Ejamacated Guess-Losman Starts 11/21 vs. Rams

Mark VI

Mularkey, when pressed about J.P. in the post-game, blurted out that Losman is still a month away from being 100 %. In reality, he's probably correct. So look at the schedule.

2 home games against the Cards and Jets, then a dreaded Sunday night game at New England. That could be a final farewell for DB. Fitting.

Losman starting the Rams game would mean 7 games to gain invaluable experience and ready himself for 2005. Start activating people like Shaud Williams, Tim Anderson, Ritzman and others. Let Haddad return some punts. Get them some playing time.

Not the scenerio we envisioned in August. Alas, reality has arrived and it's time to prepare for the 2005 season. The D needs some tweeking ( Move Vincent to FS and leave McGee at CB... that's a start) and the Bills could have lots of Cap space to go shopping in March Free Agency. The main focus will be on Offense, little doubt.

We have to hang our hat on something.

Agree with your post.

I'll also add: It's possible Bledsoe could be cut in November. If I recall correctly, isn't there a November deadline that locks DB into a big slug of money? If there is, he could be cut before then.

Heck, if you season is in the crapper, and the Bills season has one foot in the grave, why stop at just benching Bledsoe? Save some money and cut him!

Does anyone remember the structure of his newest contract? Is there a November roster bonus or salary lock?

Agree with your post.

I'll also add:  It's possible Bledsoe could be cut in November.  If I recall correctly, isn't there a November deadline that locks DB into a big slug of money? 

Does anyone remember the structure of his newest contract?  Is there a November roster bonus or salary lock?

83982[/snapback]

The November bonus went bye-bye with the new contract extension. He'll be here the rest of this season.

this just in Mark IV... I've been saying this for the past month. 11/21... mark it down on your calendar.

84044[/snapback]

Ditto. I posted the same a while back, when the original prognosis of Losmans injury was reported. Seems like a perfect time. He can get more work in with Wyche in the meantime.

The November bonus went bye-bye with the new contract extension. He'll be here the rest of this season.

83985[/snapback]

I'd be happy if he was deactivated & sent back to Montana.

TD: "Don't call us, we'll call you."

Your right Mark. Excellent post. This year is over so we might as well get the people who will be starting ready. I just want Deadslow to step aside and let JP give it a try. I'm soooooooo tired of watching that offense. When they come on the field to move the ball all I think of is Punt! This way at least it gives the D a chance and it also means Drew won't fumble or throw a pick. :blush: