Marshawn Lynch or the OL

Willis990

If Fred Jackson was the better back he would be starting,PERIOD!

Just like with Anthony Thomas right? Just like with Lienart and Warner right? It usually takes an injury before it happens, but coaches are as biased as the front office to get their 1st rounders to play as much as possible unless there are solid starters ahead of them. Greer is probably gone next year, and tell me if McKelvin is better next year too just in case I get sick of seeing us get torched.

Maybe if 2 or 3 guys keep posting how average Lynch is (like 40 times in the past 24 hours), some people will start to believe it... Is that the strategy going on? Otherwise this is ridiculous... All you have to do is watch the man play. He is the total package with power, enough speed to get the job done, cutting ability, stiff arm, pass protection and pass receiving. Great in the red zone...Lacks at times in following the running lane discipline but that'll keep getting better. He is a top 10-12 back in the NFL.

I also like Jackson a ton... He has fantastic field vision and hands with deceptive speed. Very good hard nosed runner. Great 2nd option for any team. Can start for a couple games if necessary.

Guest dog14787

In seven games so far this season Marshawn Lynch is averaging 3.7 yards a carry and 6.1 yards a catch. Fred Jackson is averaging 4.2 yards a carry and 8.6 yards a catch. Marshawns numbers have decreased from 2007 to 2008, Freddies have increased, then add the fact that fast Freddie gets less play time and it should tell you something. Freddie Jackson's stats and big play on the field suggests we need to get him the ball more not less.

Besides college and NFL experience, Fred Jackson played two seasons for the Sioux City Bandits in the National Indoor Football League (2004) and the United Indoor Football League (2005). He was named the 2005 UIF co-MVP in 2005 as he ran for 1,770 yards and 41 touchdowns. Maybe it was a different league, so what, don't try to tell me Fred Jackson won't find the endzone if you give him a chance, and if you want a 100 yard rusher, Action Jackson's your man.

FRED JACKSON DESERVES TO START

note: Fast Freddie career average a carry in the NFL, a lofty 4.7

Just like with Anthony Thomas right? Just like with Lienart and Warner right? It usually takes an injury before it happens, but coaches are as biased as the front office to get their 1st rounders to play as much as possible unless there are solid starters ahead of them. Greer is probably gone next year, and tell me if McKelvin is better next year too just in case I get sick of seeing us get torched.

Your name is fitting

"The full paragraph"

I don't see Dick Juron playing any player simply because they were a higher draft choice. If that were the case Jason Peters would have never made the team because he would never get a chance to play in front of the high priced FA's and draft picks.This is exactly why JP is sitting and Trent Edwards is playing.

quote the entire paragraph and it speaks for itself, I suppose you can take one sentence out of context and make it anything you want. NFL coaches don't coach for the fun of the game. its their profession,they get paid big bucks to do their job!

Fred Jackson showed some signs of big play ability in the pre-season last year and the coaches noticed.He got his chance to play and showed that he can preform at the NFL level.I'm not denying that Fred is a really good running back,he is cut in the mold of Kevin Faulk of the Patriots and the Bills use him as such. Can he carry the full load of 20+ carries a game and still do change of pace,3rd down / passing duty?

If Marshawn ever gets a serious injury we will find out won't we. Until then I'll trust the coaches to know more then someone who sits at home and watches the game on TV.

I'm not entirely certain if its the Bills 'zone' blocking scheme that is at fault or some the O-line players lack of ability to drive / run block,or both.

We already did find out, I showed you the stats and its not my couch potato opinion its fact. Fred Jackson averaged 6.3 yards a carry in two games last year when Marshawn Lynch was out with ankle problems. :lol:

Jeez, if your gonna sling around facts at least get them straight

Marshawn missed 3 games last year. NE-Home-@ Jac and @ Was and Anthony Thomas started NE and Jac,Fred only started the game at washington and his avg was 5.2 for that game

NIFL/UIF career

Jackson played two seasons for the Sioux City Bandits in the National Indoor Football League (2004) and the United Indoor Football League (2005). He was named the 2005 UIF co-MVP in 2005 as he ran for 1,770 yards and 41 touchdowns.

2006 Jackson was invited to the Buffalo Bills training camp and played in NFL Europa for the Rhein Fire.

2007 Jackson made his first career start against the Washington Redskins.

In his first NFL start, Jackson rushed for 82 yards while catching 4 passes for 69 yards in a victory over the Washington Redskins. He became the first Division III running back to start an NFL game since December 24, 2000, when former Ferrum College running back Chris Warren started for the Philadelphia Eagles against Cincinnati.

On December 9th, 2007, in a victory over the Miami Dolphins, Jackson rushed for 115 yards with a long of 27 yards to top the 100-yard rushing mark for the first time in his NFL career. Teammate Marshawn Lynch rushed for 107 yards, marking the first time the Buffalo Bills had two players rush for 100-plus yards in the same game since 1996 when Thurman Thomas and Darick Holmes accomplished the feat. In breaking the century mark, Jackson became the first Division III running back to gain over 100 yards since Warren accomplished the feat in 1998 while playing with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Fred Jackson is 5 years older then Marshawn and has some miles on him from NFL Europe and the NIFL.While I agree that Freddy is a very talented player,I'd still rather stand by what the coaches think about a player then what you and I think!

Guest dog14787
Jeez, if your gonna sling around facts at least get them straight

Marshawn missed 3 games last year. NE-Home-@ Jac and @ Was and Anthony Thomas started NE and Jac,Fred only started the game at washington and his avg was 5.2 for that game

NIFL/UIF career

Jackson played two seasons for the Sioux City Bandits in the National Indoor Football League (2004) and the United Indoor Football League (2005). He was named the 2005 UIF co-MVP in 2005 as he ran for 1,770 yards and 41 touchdowns.

2006 Jackson was invited to the Buffalo Bills training camp and played in NFL Europa for the Rhein Fire.

In his first NFL start, Jackson rushed for 82 yards while catching 4 passes for 69 yards in a victory over the Washington Redskins. He became the first Division III running back to start an NFL game since December 24, 2000, when former Ferrum College running back Chris Warren started for the Philadelphia Eagles against Cincinnati.

On December 9th, 2007, in a victory over the Miami Dolphins, Jackson rushed for 115 yards with a long of 27 yards to top the 100-yard rushing mark for the first time in his NFL career. Teammate Marshawn Lynch rushed for 107 yards, marking the first time the Buffalo Bills had two players rush for 100-plus yards in the same game since 1996 when Thurman Thomas and Darick Holmes accomplished the feat. In breaking the century mark, Jackson became the first Division III running back to gain over 100 yards since Warren accomplished the feat in 1998 while playing with the Philadelphia Eagles.

Fred Jackson is 5 years older then Marshawn and has some miles on him from NFL Europe and the NIFL.While I agree that Freddy is a very talented player,I'd still rather stand by what the coaches think about a player then what you and I think!

I agree with you on the coaches know best and I was wrong about that stat, thanks for correcting me.

Your name is fitting

I guess reading comprehension is not so good around here. I read the whole thing. Edwards didn't start over JP because he was better, but because JP got injured. The coaches didn't make a decision, more than JP got hurt, we started winning games and POOF JP called out his own performance as his career changer. Peters started at RT after playing numerous spots (even DT on special teams), and getting cut from the team as a TE. Jackson was inactive because Thomas, Williams and Gates were over him on the depth chart. Gates couldn't stop fumbling, and Shaud did nothing so THEN we put Jackson in. My point was guys who start over higher round picks take years to make their point, not that UFA can't make the team and eventually ascend. Guys like Marques Colston are bizarre when their coach plays them because they are better.

I read the whole thing Einstein, I read it in context and answered it. If you want me to quote everything you say go be the thought police as moderator. You can trust the coaches, but I'm not a homer. I know what I see on TV, and I knew Edwards was better as a rook than JP as a vet, and I knew Jackson was better than Thomas, Gates, and Williams. It's not that I want to be smarter than the coaches, but the coaches have pressure from the front office to play these guys and that's reality and I want to WIN. (brilliant idea huh?)

I almost wonder why people say my name is fitting after I own their silly ass stories over and over again. Strangely enough it's for people like you.

A point about Fred Jackson.Just because a player looks great in a preseason game doesn't automatically mean that he will play great when the real hitting starts.

First, the NFL is a business,everyone in it is doing a job that they are paid to do,coaches and players. There is a hierarchy with both players and coaches for a reason. Position coach,line coach, OC and head coach. Each of these coaches sits down every week and does an evaluation process on the players they are responsible for,ultimately the head coach makes the decisions on who starts and who sits. Unless of course the HC has an unusual amount of trust in his assistants.

When a player enters a regular season game he needs to be fully prepared, he must know his job inside and out. Plays,calls,signals,schemes,routes,hot reads,game plan etc. The coach that says a player is ready to start is putting his job on the line when that player takes the field.

Some players may look great simply running straight ahead through gaping holes in a preseason game,then when the bullets start flying in a regular season game they miss assignments,make mistakes and can cost the team a game and someone a job!.

Fred Jackson looked really good in the preseason back in 07, do you happen to know for a fact StupidNation

that he was ready to start? Did you honestly know if he understood all the plays,blocking schemes,routes?

Its the reason the players practice over and over,perfecting their skills and understanding of the game plan.There is an order to who is listed on the depth chart for each position and the players listed first get most of the repetitions during practices. Thus a player listed #1 gets the most reps, #2 less reps #'s 3-4 and beyond might not get any reps.

Last year after marshawn went down I'm certain the conversation in the coaches room went something like this.

Hey,some guy named StupidNation who watched the Bills preseason games on TV seems to think # 22 is ready to start over the players 3 spots ahead of him on the depth chart. He hasn't had many reps and we are not sure if he understands his responsibilities,should we say screw our jobs and roll the dice and start him in hope that he won't mess up and lose us the game ?

Edwards didn't start over JP because he was better, but because JP got injured. The coaches didn't make a decision, more than JP got hurt, we started winning games and POOF JP called out his own performance as his career changer.

On the contrary, the coaches did make the decision!

First JP was hurt during game 3 against NE. Trent Edwards took over for JP and played well but the Bills lost that game. Trent kept the starting job until he was hurt 4 games later in the Jets game and JP replaced him. JP played very well in that Jet game. He played well against Cincy in the next week which the Bills won. JP's next game was a win against Miami.

JP kept the starting Job for the next 2 games, both loses to the pats and Jags.

It was then that Dick Jauron made the decision to sit a healthy JP and to play a healthy Trent Edwards.

[in his first game, Edwards was 10 of 20 for 97 yards with no touchdowns and one interception. In his first NFL start on September 30, 2007 against the New York Jets, he went 22-28 with 234 yards with 1 touchdown and 1 interception and led the Bills to their first win in the 2007 season. His first NFL touchdown was a 1 yard play action pass on fourth and goal to Michael Gaines. In his second start, against the Dallas Cowboys on the following week's Monday Night Football, Edwards completed 23 of 31 pass attempts for 176 yards and 1 interception.

External images

Faceshot

In October, Edwards injured his wrist during a game against the New York Jets and Losman regained the starting position. Following some poor performances by Losman, particularly in a division contest against New England and a conference game against the Jaguars, on November 26, 2007, Bills coach Dick Jauron again named Edwards the starter against the Washington Redskins.[7] Edwards led the Bills to victory over the Redskins, throwing no interceptions and leading his first fourth-quarter comeback, completing three passes to set up the game-winning field goal, for which he was named the NFL Rookie of the Week.[8] The following week against the winless Miami Dolphins, he passed for 165 yards and a career high four touchdown passes with no interceptions to lead the Bills to a 38-17 win. Despite losing the last three games of the season, Edwards was named to the all-rookie team after the season was completed.

Guest dog14787
A point about Fred Jackson.Just because a player looks great in a preseason game doesn't automatically mean that he will play great when the real hitting starts.

First, the NFL is a business,everyone in it is doing a job that they are paid to do,coaches and players. There is a hierarchy with both players and coaches for a reason. Position coach,line coach, OC and head coach. Each of these coaches sits down every week and does an evaluation process on the players they are responsible for,ultimately the head coach makes the decisions on who starts and who sits. Unless of course the HC has an unusual amount of trust in his assistants.

When a player enters a regular season game he needs to be fully prepared, he must know his job inside and out. Plays,calls,signals,schemes,routes,hot reads,game plan etc. The coach that says a player is ready to start is putting his job on the line when that player takes the field.

Some players may look great simply running straight ahead through gaping holes in a preseason game,then when the bullets start flying in a regular season game they miss assignments,make mistakes and can cost the team a game and someone a job!.

Fred Jackson looked really good in the preseason back in 07, do you happen to know for a fact StupidNation

that he was ready to start? Did you honestly know if he understood all the plays,blocking schemes,routes?

Its the reason the players practice over and over,perfecting their skills and understanding of the game plan.There is an order to who is listed on the depth chart for each position and the players listed first get most of the repetitions during practices. Thus a player listed #1 gets the most reps, #2 less reps #'s 3-4 and beyond might not get any reps.

Last year after marshawn went down I'm certain the conversation in the coaches room went something like this.

Hey,some guy named StupidNation who watched the Bills preseason games on TV seems to think # 22 is ready to start over the players 3 spots ahead of him on the depth chart. He hasn't had many reps and we are not sure if he understands his responsibilities,should we say screw our jobs and roll the dice and start him in hope that he won't mess up and lose us the game ?

I'm not drawing any conclusions based on preseason, its more on how Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson compare behind the same O-line in the regular season this year. I'm seeing spin moves and shifty running from Jackson and I watch him locate the open spaces and make yardage. He's fast, hard to catch and he may not have the power Lynch does, but he does have power. With Marshawn Lynch I see a straight ahead, down hill runner with lots of power but very little imagination or change up in his running style. Lynch is easy to gameplan against and easier to prevent a big play from happening then Jackson.

When I say I would like Fred Jackson to have a chance at starting, its as much out of respect for Freddie Jackson and his good play, then the lack of production from Marshawn Lynch. By no means do I want to give up on Lynch, I want Lynch to take a breather and watch from the sidelines. Maybe Lynch can learn a thing or two watching Jackson run. Do I know Jackson will do better starting then Lynch has? Of course not, but he might and he deserves a shot at it because if he succeeds, he only makes us better. I don't care if Marshawn Lynch was picked in the 1st round , I think its time we give Fred jackson a chance.

Jackson deserves it and so does the team because you want the best players playing. The O-line is drawing allot of heat when the problem could be at the RB position.

Its not Marshawn. He isnt going to make the perfect read every play just as the O-line isnt going to make perfect blocks every time. But you can't fault Marshawn for trying to make something out of nothing by dancing. I would say that There was one good hole for him to run through yesterday and he took it for 19. If we could get 50% of that hole more often we would see Jackson and Marshawn getting over 100.

Personally I dont care if it takes 2 3 or 4 backs to get us over 100 yards as long as we can run the ball. Just as long as they give it to Marshawn gets the goal line carries

Its a toss up...Peters SUCKS! Jauron is suddenly transforming into Andy Reid and passing 80% of the time. Peters SUCKS! The o-line just cannot get into the zone-blocking scheme. Peters SUCKS!

I'm not drawing any conclusions based on preseason, its more on how Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson compare behind the same O-line in the regular season this year. I'm seeing spin moves and shifty running from Jackson and I watch him locate the open spaces and make yardage. He's fast, hard to catch and he may not have the power Lynch does, but he does have power. With Marshawn Lynch I see a straight ahead, down hill runner with lots of power but very little imagination or change up in his running style. Lynch is easy to gameplan against and easier to prevent a big play from happening then Jackson.

When I say I would like Fred Jackson to have a chance at starting, its as much out of respect for Freddie Jackson and his good play, then the lack of production from Marshawn Lynch. By no means do I want to give up on Lynch, I want Lynch to take a breather and watch from the sidelines. Maybe Lynch can learn a thing or two watching Jackson run. Do I know Jackson will do better starting then Lynch has? Of course not, but he might and he deserves a shot at it because if he succeeds, he only makes us better. I don't care if Marshawn Lynch was picked in the 1st round , I think its time we give Fred jackson a chance.

Jackson deserves it and so does the team because you want the best players playing. The O-line is drawing allot of heat when the problem could be at the RB position.

ha - maybe you should stick to being a soccer or baseball fan. Cause its apparent you know nothing about football.

How many times has Lynch had over 20 carries this year? My guess is not much, I think he needs the ball more...like 20-25 car and 3-6 pass touches per game to make an accurate assessment of his play...just my 2cents.

Guest dog14787
ha - maybe you should stick to being a soccer or baseball fan. Cause its apparent you know nothing about football.

Oh , and you know so much, this is the best you can do as far as argument, get outta here, geeesh :blink:

Fred Jackson leads in almost all categories running and catching the ball, we haven't had a 100 yard rusher all year, if it doesn't make a little sense to try something different then you guys must be stuck in the stone age , good grief people.

Have to take a break here for a minute, got Freddie on the line, he needs a new agent.

Oh , and you know so much, this is the best you can do as far as argument, get outta here, geeesh :blink:

Fred Jackson leads in almost all categories running and catching the ball, we haven't had a 100 yard rusher all year, if it doesn't make a little sense to try something different then you guys must be stuck in the stone age , good grief people.

haha - ok sorry. After all the posts youve written Ive realized that maybe World of Warcraft is your thing and you should just give up on being a sports analyst in general.

Anybody that has played, been around, or knows football will tell you that a good runningback needs carries to develope a rhythym as the game goes on. In particular, a punnishing back like marshawn is the type of back that needs carries, gets stronger, and starts bringing it home in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

I like Fred Jackson. I think he is talented. But it would be a whole different ball game if Marshawn Lynch would get 25 carries a game.

Do me a favor, and save this knowledge I just dropped on you. If Marshawn Lynch gets 25+ carries in a game this season, he gets over 100 yards, and we win the game. If Im wrong, you can save this post, re-post it, and tell me how wrong I am. Until then, stop this nonsense talk.

Guest dog14787
haha - ok sorry. After all the posts youve written Ive realized that maybe World of Warcraft is your thing and you should just give up on being a sports analyst in general.

Anybody that has played, been around, or knows football will tell you that a good runningback needs carries to develope a rhythym as the game goes on. In particular, a punnishing back like marshawn is the type of back that needs carries, gets stronger, and starts bringing it home in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

I like Fred Jackson. I think he is talented. But it would be a whole different ball game if Marshawn Lynch would get 25 carries a game.

Do me a favor, and save this knowledge I just dropped on you. If Marshawn Lynch gets 25+ carries in a game this season, he gets over 100 yards, and we win the game. If Im wrong, you can save this post, re-post it, and tell me how wrong I am. Until then, stop this nonsense talk.

You know whats funny though, through all my dog crazed delusions, sometimes the things I say have an odd way of happening.

I'm not trying to be a sports analyst, just trying to have fun mixing it up with my buddies on TBD. Got my Mom in the hospital battling cancer and this is the one place I can get away. She is doing allot better now so I've been spending allot of time here lately, its the best place I know,

With my bills fans :blink:

The way a team game plans for an opponent is by watching endless film of their tendencies. What plays do they run the most,what plays are they most successful with. They study film over and over trying to look for weakness in opposing defenses and on how best to attack an offense.

One of the reasons Bill Belichick is so successful at his job is because he is noted for film study and breaking down an opponent and finding their weakness. Eric Mangini who is a Belichick disciple started out in the film room for the Browns under Belichick and is also very learned on how to beat an opponent with film study.

If you ever had to chance to listen to some of the 1990 Bills defensive players talk about Dan Marino's tendencies you could better understand what I'm saying here. Dan was a hall of famer but the Bills could watch his pre-snap position behind center and they knew exactly when he was going to pass and when it was a run on every play.They could even tell you who his target was on most pass plays.So basically it was much easier to defend against him.( Clearly if he is in shotgun they know more then likely its a pass.)

When the Bills play another team you can bet that the opposing team's game plan has one primary goal in mind, that is to stop Marshawn Lynch on first and second down and make the Bills throw to try and make the first down. The main game plan for any NFL team is to try and get an opponent into 3rd and long and make them throw. So far this year opposing teams have been successful on stopping the Bills running game and holding the primary RB to under 100 yards

The opposing teams know and understand Marshawns tendencies,they also study every player on the O-line as well. They know who the weakest link is on the Bills o-line and that's where they attack them.You can't hide anywhere in the NFL,the more you play the more an opponent will study you and learn how best to beat you.

My point! It appears to me that usually most teams don't study the back up as much as they do the starter,this is usually why a back up player sometimes looks more successful during games.

Watch that Miami game again,for some reason the Bills threw way more then then ran the ball. That kind of makes me ask why considering the last game against the Dolphins the Bills had two 100+ runners Both Fred and Marshawn each went over 100 yds

The weakest part of the Buffalo Bills offense is not Trent Edwards,its not the running backs. Go back and watch some of the games and ask some questions.

1. Is there an opening anywhere on the line of scrimmage once the back gets to the line?

2. how many defenders are at the opening once the back hits it ,if any?

3. are the lineman holding blocks long enough?

4. does the O-line at the of scrimmage move forward at all on a running play or are they stopped?

5 are the bills making a concerted effort to even establish a running game ?

The way a team game plans for an opponent is by watching endless film of their tendencies. What plays do they run the most,what plays are they most successful with. They study film over and over trying to look for weakness in opposing defenses and on how best to attack an offense.

One of the reasons Bill Belichick is so successful at his job is because he is noted for film study and breaking down an opponent and finding their weakness. Eric Mangini who is a Belichick disciple started out in the film room for the Browns under Belichick and is also very learned on how to beat an opponent with film study.

If you ever had to chance to listen to some of the 1990 Bills defensive players talk about Dan Marino's tendencies you could better understand what I'm saying here. Dan was a hall of famer but the Bills could watch his pre-snap position behind center and they knew exactly when he was going to pass and when it was a run on every play.They could even tell you who his target was on most pass plays.So basically it was much easier to defend against him.( Clearly if he is in shotgun they know more then likely its a pass.)

When the Bills play another team you can bet that the opposing team's game plan has one primary goal in mind, that is to stop Marshawn Lynch on first and second down and make the Bills throw to try and make the first down. The main game plan for any NFL team is to try and get an opponent into 3rd and long and make them throw. So far this year opposing teams have been successful on stopping the Bills running game and holding the primary RB to under 100 yards

The opposing teams know and understand Marshawns tendencies,they also study every player on the O-line as well. They know who the weakest link is on the Bills o-line and that's where they attack them.You can't hide anywhere in the NFL,the more you play the more an opponent will study you and learn how best to beat you.

My point! It appears to me that usually most teams don't study the back up as much as they do the starter,this is usually why a back up player sometimes looks more successful during games.

Watch that Miami game again,for some reason the Bills threw way more then then ran the ball. That kind of makes me ask why considering the last game against the Dolphins the Bills had two 100+ runners Both Fred and Marshawn each went over 100 yds

The weakest part of the Buffalo Bills offense is not Trent Edwards,its not the running backs. Go back and watch some of the games and ask some questions.

1. Is there an opening anywhere on the line of scrimmage once the back gets to the line?

4. does the O-line at the of scrimmage move forward at all on a running play or are they stopped?

I agree with you on the game film aspect and preparing for the game, game tendencies, formations, motion, etc.

Under schonert, we less predictable than we were under mularkey or fairchild. We are still pedictable. Any time the bills run Z-in motion, its a run, for example. And I can tell you that without studying film. Our O-line basically cant get either of our RB's to the second level on consistent basis. Ill be honest, in the SD game our Oline pass blocked like a prowl bowl line. Probably cause trent got killed the previous game.

That said, our O-line is the most overerpaid, overweight, and the tallest line in the NFL. Yet, our rushing id mediocre OL and DL wins games. We have the largest line in the NFL but we cant run the ball. Run blocking is an O linemans bread and butter. big on big baby..and they cant even dominate with their size.

Peters is just another number. He's not going to make the pro bowl, and he should make the sh^t bowl. Selfish product of the NFL.

Your point is well taken

A point about Fred Jackson.Just because a player looks great in a preseason game doesn't automatically mean that he will play great when the real hitting starts....

Can't reply to all your non-sense so let me reply to the pertinent non-sense.

I never said Jackson should have started last year, but it was apparent he was better than Thomas, who blew goats and shouldn't have been 5th on the depth chart.

I never said that because a player plays better in pre-season that he will be a star. It was clearly evident Thomas had no burst, Gates showed nothing in pre-season, and Jackson was inactive.

Now, continuing that logic it stands to reason that Anthony Thomas couldn't have got first downs last year to save his life. It was clear Gates showed less against the same competition, and wasn't great in camp against Jackson. Reality dictates that coaches play the front-office picks over mid-grade players (not entrenched starters who show up) not because they are better, but to protect the business side of the game with the excitement of the draft.

And no, Edwards didn't win the position more than JP got hurt and then called himself out. If JP never got injured he would have played all 16 games. That's reality, something you want to dismiss for your ridiculous assertions I never made.

Here is the better answer to those questions. Would you rather:

A. Sign new O-linemen mid-season to fix the problem

B. Change the blocking patterns and coaching mid-season

C. Change the running back and see if most of your questions can be answered

At this point you should realize that logic must dictate the answer is C. Then again I'm not amongst the more brilliant people I've ever encountered.

I never said Jackson should have started last year, but it was apparent he was better than Thomas, who blew goats and shouldn't have been 5th on the depth chart.

I never said that because a player plays better in pre-season that he will be a star. It was clearly evident Thomas had no burst, Gates showed nothing in pre-season, and Jackson was inactive.

Now, continuing that logic it stands to reason that Anthony Thomas couldn't have got first downs last year to save his life. It was clear Gates showed less against the same competition, and wasn't great in camp against Jackson. Reality dictates that coaches play the front-office picks over mid-grade players (not entrenched starters who show up) not because they are better, but to protect the business side of the game with the excitement of the draft.

And no, Edwards didn't win the position more than JP got hurt and then called himself out. If JP never got injured he would have played all 16 games. That's reality, something you want to dismiss for your ridiculous assertions I never made.

(your statement)

Reality dictates that coaches play the front-office picks over mid-grade players (not entrenched starters who show up) not because they are better, but to protect the business side of the game with the excitement of the draft.

Holy cow this statement is utter horse crap,reality dictates that coaches will put the best player on the field that they think will do the best job in order to win football games! Good lord your name is fitting!

Its your opinion and your entitled to it even though its one of the most retarded statements I've ever read. Coaches are paid to win games and they will field the player that THEY think will let them win games and NOT because its a "front office pick". Kyle Williams comes to mind, 7th rd pick started over John McCargo who was a first rd pick!

Would the front office like to see John McCargo starting,you bet! But the fact is the late rounder played better so he started.

Again we can mention Jason Peters who by your statement would never get a chance to start simply because he was a free agent and the foolish coaches would only start "the front-office picks". ( your words)

You actually think that that the front office would rather "protect the business side of the game with the excitement of the draft" then have the coaches field the best player so they can win?

That's not reality. JP won his job back but played very poorly in losing to the Jags and the Pats and would have most likely lost his job to Trent Edwards even if he had never been injured.

Dick Jauron has showed me he wants to win football games! He has shown me that he will play the best player irregardless of what position he has in the draft or if he is a free agent or walk on. If that player shows he can do the job better then others he will start!

You know whats funny though, through all my dog crazed delusions, sometimes the things I say have an odd way of happening.

I'm not trying to be a sports analyst, just trying to have fun mixing it up with my buddies on TBD. Got my Mom in the hospital battling cancer and this is the one place I can get away. She is doing allot better now so I've been spending allot of time here lately, its the best place I know,

With my bills fans :wallbash:

Sorry to hear about your Mum......but it's good to hear that she is doing better. :P

It looks like you enjoy the discussions, arguments & discarguments as much as I do.

This is a great place to hang around.

My Quote If Fred Jackson was the better back he would be starting,PERIOD!

your response

Anthony Thomas was more prepared to play,he had been in the Bills system and preformed well in the past. Coaches never know when a player will "hit the wall",meaning they are done! Clearly the coaches saw that Thomas could no longer get the job done so they kept trying players until they found a star in Fred Jackson.

Understand this fact Stupid Nation! The Bills coaches are paid to win football games they will field the player they think will get the job done most effectively.

Not some crazy crap about " coaches are as biased as the front office to get their 1st rounders to play as much as possible unless there are solid starters ahead of them. " ( your words)

Again I'll go back to Kyle Williams getting the Job over John McCargo.The 7th rounder beat out the 1st rounder.

In Sundays game against the Dolphins,the first series the bills had the ball to the five yard line first and goal.

First run-Fred Jackson up the middle to the four yard line.

second run-Fred Jackson up the middle to the one yard line.

Third run-Fred Jackson left side, no gain

Bills settle for a field goal. :wallbash:

No opening to run through,plain and simple...

Marshawn was on the bench and the trainers were looking at him for this series otherwise he would have been in there.

Would Marshawn have been able to push his way into the end zone? Doubtful the way the Bills line collapsed.Games are won and lost at the line of scrimmage.

Fred Jackson was in there for Marshan and couldn't get it in the end zone 3 straight carries!

Why not address this statement part of the post?

Your name is still fitting,plus your very dense. even when i prove you wrong on your statements you still think your correct.

Some Fred Jackson stats

NIFL/UIF career

Fred Jackson is 5 years older then Marshawn and has some miles on him from NFL Europe and the NIFL. Who knows how much a player has in them until they hit the proverbial wall.Perhaps the coaches don't want to run Fred into the ground.

The most physical postition in football is running back,bar none.They take immense pounding game after game.

While I agree that Freddy is a very talented player,I'd still rather stand by what the coaches think about a player then what you think!

Also take note that head coach Dick Jauron stated he thinks Marshawn Lynch has the biggest heart of any player he has ever known. That's a heck of a statement considering all the years he has played and coached.

Guest dog14787
Sorry to hear about your Mum......but it's good to hear that she is doing better. :wallbash:

It looks like you enjoy the discussions, arguments & discarguments as much as I do.

This is a great place to hang around.

Hey thanks,

Its allot of fun and ya, I like a little argument from time to time.

Some of these guys know football allot better than I do on this board so I'm glad folks put up with me for the most part.

Folks just ignore you on here if you start getting on their nerves, so I suppose I do get ignored sometimes, O.K., O.K., I get ignored allot :P

Guest dog14787
Hey thanks,

Its allot of fun and ya, I like a little argument from time to time.

Some of these guys know football allot better than I do on this board so I'm glad folks put up with me for the most part.

Folks just ignore you on here if you start getting on their nerves, so I suppose I do get ignored sometimes, O.K., O.K., I get ignored allot :wallbash:

Since I've been doing allot of complaining about Marshawn Lynch's stats in an effort to get Fred Jackson some notice, its only fair I also mention Marshawn Lynch started of slow last year and ended up with good stats after the year was finished and he seems to be on the same pace this year to do the same thing. Lynch gets better as the weather gets worst and we get closer to the end of the season, something you really want to see.

We can thank Deano for this important bit of info. :lol:

good point

Great point actually, 100 yard games and 1000 yard seasons are BS stats. These are the same BS stats people here pulled out when they defended Willis. If a guy gets every carry for a team and that team runs 30 times every game 100 yards or 1000 yard seasons are a joke to attain.

The same people that simply look at YPC and that is the end all be all for a RB. How about when a guy gets those carries, on what down, etc, it makes a huge difference. I like Jackson but did anyone watch him try to get tough yards on the goal line last game? Marshawn would have scored in that situation.

Watch the games! Marshawn is a great RB.

Guest dog14787
Great point actually, 100 yard games and 1000 yard seasons are BS stats. These are the same BS stats people here pulled out when they defended Willis. If a guy gets every carry for a team and that team runs 30 times every game 100 yards or 1000 yard seasons are a joke to attain.

The same people that simply look at YPC and that is the end all be all for a RB. How about when a guy gets those carries, on what down, etc, it makes a huge difference. I like Jackson but did anyone watch him try to get tough yards on the goal line last game? Marshawn would have scored in that situation.

Watch the games! Marshawn is a great RB.

You bring up the wrong point to defend Marshawn Lynch as a starter, my whole argument is Lynch is a good short yardage power runner and Jackson would be the better all around starter because he's a bigger play maker.

Need a yard? Lynch is great, but it doesn't get the job done as the starter.