Game Plan with Marshawn Lynch

billsfreak

What is up with the Bills only giving Lynch the ball 14-16 times per game? That isn't even enough action for him to get in "Beast Mode", and if anyone watched the games last year, it is when he gets into the 25-30 carries a game range that he becomes almost impossible to stop. I like Fred Jackson alot, and think he can be a good backup and 3rd down back for the Bills for awhile, but why leave him in at the goal line or on 3rd/4th and one and run him up the middle and have Lynch on the sideline?

What is up with the Bills only giving Lynch the ball 14-16 times per game? That isn't even enough action for him to get in "Beast Mode", and if anyone watched the games last year, it is when he gets into the 25-30 carries a game range that he becomes almost impossible to stop. I like Fred Jackson alot, and think he can be a good backup and 3rd down back for the Bills for awhile, but why leave him in at the goal line or on 3rd/4th and one and run him up the middle and have Lynch on the sideline?

It's called "spreading the wealth". The Bills are just getting a head start on that... <_<

I think they are trying to help preserve him for the long haul. When the weather turns bad, the offense is going to need to be able to run the ball. Also, if other defenses follow the Dolphins' strategy of dropping 8-9 guys into coverage, we are going to need to aggressively run the ball. Remember, also, that Marshawn hit that proverbial wall at then end of his rookie season.

I didnt understand that either. I love Jackson and all, but Lynch needs to be in there if they are going to run the ball.

I was really upset about that during the game. At first I thought Lynch was hurt, but to have Jackson rush 3 times on the goalline to no avail really got me angry, especially after seeing what Marshawn did when they finally gave it to him...a TD. YOu have to at least give it to Lynch on the 3rd and goal from the 2. I can almost guarantee he would have gotten in. That first goalline stand was one of the biggest reasons for our loss.