Same Old, Same Old

We're headed down a familiar path now:

- win some games that put is in contention and raise expectations;

- offense can move ball from 20 to 20 but stutters in red zone due to a) lack of TE, b) smallish WRs and c) defenses being able to overplay the run;

- injuries taking toll, especially in secondary;

- defensive line gets no penetration;

- defense plays reasonably well but gives up key 3rd down conversions, partly because they've been left on field too long by offense.

Same old, same old for same look Bills.

Geesh, you'd think after so many years of the same issues we'd have solved them by now. But noooooo ...

- offense can move ball from 20 to 20 but stutters in red zone due to a) lack of TE, b) smallish WRs and c) defenses being able to overplay the run;

- defense plays reasonably well but gives up key 3rd down conversions, partly because they've been left on field too long by offense.

I disagree...

This Loss was yet another lesson a good Young Team has to learn...Especially when playing on the Road in the NFL...The Bills had scored 16 straight points and were in complete control of the Game with 10 mins left in The 3rd Quarter...They were WELL on their way to being 6-1...Then they stopped playing the kind of Football on Offense that had got them to 5-1...They took their foot off of Miami's throat with 25 mins left to play and that allowed an inferior Team to build momentum at Home...They got sloppy...

The achilles heal of this Bills Team is their youth...ESPN had just come to Town and for a couple weeks now this Team has been hearing how good they are...They let up too early on the Road and learned a valuable lesson...This is not the same Buffalo Bills from years past...They will learn from this and bounce back strong...I really believe that...This Game was an unfortunate part of the learning curve... :sick:

I disagree...

This Loss was yet another lesson a good Young Team has to learn...Especially when playing on the Road in the NFL...The Bills had scored 16 straight points and were in complete control of the Game with 10 mins left in The 3rd Quarter...They were WELL on their way to being 6-1...Then they stopped playing the kind of Football on Offense that had got them to 5-1...They took their foot off of Miami's throat with 25 mins left to play and that allowed an inferior Team to build momentum at Home...They got sloppy...

The achilles heal of this Bills Team is their youth...ESPN had just come to Town and for a couple weeks now this Team has been hearing how good they are...They let up too early on the Road and learned a valuable lesson...This is not the same Buffalo Bills from years past...They will learn from this and bounce back strong...I really believe that...This Game was an unfortunate part of the learning curve... :sick:

Agreed. Next week will be a good evaluation tool of that, though.

I don't yet have a handle on this team as to be able to say whether or not they SHOULD beat the "Bretts", but it's a tough division game that should go some ways towards proving what they may or may not have learned about themselves yesterday.

I disagree...

The achilles heal of this Bills Team is their youth...ESPN had just come to Town and for a couple weeks now this Team has been hearing how good they are...They let up too early on the Road and learned a valuable lesson...This is not the same Buffalo Bills from years past...They will learn from this and bounce back strong...I really believe that...This Game was an unfortunate part of the learning curve... <_<

The part in bold I wholeheartedly agree with. NO MORE NATIONAL TV INTERVIEWS FOR EDWARDS. The rest I don't as over exposure isn't the reason our WRs are too small and TE's inneffective, among other things.

Geesh, you'd think after so many years of the same issues we'd have solved them by now. But noooooo ...

Aw come on, you're aware that we're still 5-2 right?

And I'm tired of people going on about our injuries. It's the NFL, every single team has similar problems. Now, last year with 17 players on the IR was a statistical anamoly and worth complaining about. This year, a few guys injured (none badly) toward the middle of the season is normal.

Talk to me IF they make it to 7-2. This is the stretch I was worried about. The NFC and AFC west are pathetic.

Yeah, right now in my mind they're the underdog in AFC east. They dont match up well against pass-happy Bretts who can also play some defense. And Pats caught another huge break yesterday with Stephen Jackson sidelined but still our game against them in 2 weeks is in Foxboro. And we're a lousy road team losing 2 in a row. Lose em' both and we're 3rd at best, and if Fins win they're next 2 we're in last.

Sucks. Importance of next week's game cannot be over stated.

Aw come on, you're aware that we're still 5-2 right?

And I'm tired of people going on about our injuries. It's the NFL, every single team has similar problems. Now, last year with 17 players on the IR was a statistical anamoly and worth complaining about. This year, a few guys injured (none badly) toward the middle of the season is normal.

Agreed. We are going to drop some games we shouldnt. Every NFL team has injuries and every team drops games they shouldnt. Lets see how the team responds to some adversity. Personally, I think we lost that game on all fronts. Bad game plan and poor execution. Starting an unhealthy terrence mcgee, not putting marshawn in on a goal line situation on the opening drive, not getting any pressure on pennington, Trent losing the ball in a short yardage scrum...etc.

Im confident we will bounce back. That was pretty bad, im sure the team knows it, the coaches know it, and they will be ready to go at the ralph next week.

I hate losing. It probably shouldnt, but losing a game like this affects my whole week! <_<

We got shutout on the goaline because of no creativity and using the wrong RB. Marshawn should have been carrying the rock, not Fred. I'm losing respect for Turk with every game.