anemic pass rush more anemic than I thought

Sacks by the Bills secondary through seven games: 3 (one each from Scott, Yobouty, and Whitner)

Sacks by the LBs: 2 (both Mitchell)

Sacks by the Bills Defensive ends through seven games: 3 (one each from Kelsay, Denney, and Schoebel)

Sacks by the DTs: 3 (2 from Stroud; 1 from Williams)

The Bills also registered five sacks in the first game. Since then, they' registered six in six games!!

The Bills defensive end corps is on pace to register seven total sacks this season. That is simply pathetic. Bear in mind that they've played against a number of immobile QBs since that first game too - Green, Warner, and Pennington.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/stats

This is nothing new-I've said this for years..the DE's suck on this team with a big AZZ period

Pick one DE from say the NY Giants and combined the Bills DE's don't stack up. I'm sure it's partly due to the scheme but the team needs a huge upgrade from starter to backups

Does anyone know when Schobel acquired his foot injury? The first I remember hearing of it was the week leading up to the Arizona game. He was ineffective that day and on the bench since then. He didn't register but 1 sack in the first 4 games; however, he was at least applying pressure. Chad saw very little pressure yesterday -- unless blitzers came at him.

it's one thing to be applying pressure and not getting sacks...but we hardly even apply pressure. It's just another example of how the Bills are a few years away.

I wouldn't be suprised to see schobel let go in the offseason if he can't improve his performance when he comes back from injury. Buffalo can't really afford to continue paying out on that $50 million contract if he's going to play like a stiff.