WHEN WILL DONTE WHITNER MAKE A PLAY

Given the fact that the Bills hold one of the longest-standing playoff droughts in the NFL alongside perennial doormats like Arizona and Detroit, the Bills have been "down" for the better part of the last decade. So yes, statistically speaking, the chances are significant that more posts will be during "down" periods than "up" periods, as the "up" periods have been few and far between! :P

Unlike you, I don't gush about marginal players. I was right about McCargo from the start (you were wrong). I was (and still am) right about Dockery being overpaid and overrated (you were wrong) and I was right about the fact that JP ought to be benched in favor of Trent Edwards (you were wrong).

I think you need to put away your Whitner jersey and give some love to the real stars on this team -- guys who, unlike Whitner, bring it every Sunday with their PLAY as opposed to grandstanding in front of the press. Guys like Trent Edwards, Marshawn Lynch, and Lee Evans.

And this post is a perfect illustration of why you aren't a real "fan" of the team. You're more concerned with "being right" that a Bills player sucked than you are with the Bills actually winning. Most of us aren't happy that McCargo hasn't panned out, because this team could use the DT help. But you're more than happy to point out that you were "right" about him even though it hurts the bills.

And Whitner doesn't bring it every sunday? :blush: Where are all of these plays where he dogs it and takes plays off and doesn't give 100%? In the future, you'd be better off keeping your mouth shut and letting people assume you are a fool who doesn't understand even the most basic tenets of football, instead of posting your misguided words (i wont call them thoughts, because that would require you to actually have the ability to think) and removing all the doubt.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And this post is a perfect illustration of why you aren't a real "fan" of the team. You're more concerned with "being right" that a Bills player sucked than you are with the Bills actually winning. Most of us aren't happy that McCargo hasn't panned out, because this team could use the DT help. But you're more than happy to point out that you were "right" about him even though it hurts the bills.

Yawn.

I don't need your certification on what a true fan represents. Watching McCargo play in college, considering who he played with, and looking at the value of the picks the Bills gave up, it was pretty easy to see that this trade was a dumb move at the time. Despite that, you were vociferous in your support.

You call it being a "good fan," I call it being straight up gullible.

Nobody wanted McCargo to fail once he donned a Bills uniform. But it was pretty obvious that it was a bad pick at the time and it's even more obvious now.

If supporting questionable moves constitutes being a "real fan," be my guest! :nana:

And Whitner doesn't bring it every sunday? :w00t: Where are all of these plays where he dogs it and takes plays off and doesn't give 100%?

He plays hard. He doesn't make many plays... which is perfectly fine, we can't expect all 11 players on defense to be great. But considering the constant praise he receives on this board, many of whom think he's already an All-Pro, it's rather laughable because his play does not come close to matching the praise he gets.

As for Vince Young, he did win Rookie of the Year and go to the Pro Bowl as a rookie QB. He's a good player, he just happens to be a psycho.

Yawn.

I don't need your certification on what a true fan represents. Watching McCargo play in college, considering who he played with, and looking at the value of the picks the Bills gave up, it was pretty easy to see that this trade was a dumb move at the time. Despite that, you were vociferous in your support.

You call it being a "good fan," I call it being straight up gullible.

Nobody wanted McCargo to fail once he donned a Bills uniform. But it was pretty obvious that it was a bad pick at the time and it's even more obvious now.

If supporting questionable moves constitutes being a "real fan," be my guest! :nana:

He plays hard. He doesn't make many plays... which is perfectly fine, we can't expect all 11 players on defense to be great. But considering the constant praise he receives on this board, many of whom think he's already an All-Pro, it's rather laughable because his play does not come close to matching the praise he gets.

As for Vince Young, he did win Rookie of the Year and go to the Pro Bowl as a rookie QB. He's a good player, he just happens to be a psycho.

Supporting the team is what being a fan is about. Being a fan is cheering on players, not coming on to a message board and telling everyone, "see, i was right, i told you he would suck." Thats nothing but a self-serving douchebag attitude, normally reserved for the likes of deluca, and other various trolls.

Whitner gets praise because he deserves it. He's rarely out of position. He's made numerous big plays in stopping the run, etc. He's gotten plenty of deserved praise form the coaching staff, the media, and people on here who know quite a bit about football. Just because Stuart Scott and Deion Sanders haven't told you that he's made "primetime plays" doesnt mean he hasn't. You've got the ESPN mentality that flashy = good (hence your vince young love). But, i expect that little from you, because you're someone who doesn't understand how the talent of a defense can make players appear better or worse than they actually are.

And even if you happen to think that he's not deserving of the praise he gets (you've one of the few remaining holdouts, along with your buddy StupidNation, which should tell you how asinine your argument is), what exactly is your goal of coming on here and insisting to everyone that he really sucks and he's not that good? You've also changed your targets on what you are bashing him about. First it was he's a reach, then he doesnt bring 100%, then he doesnt make plays. Your attitude and posting history smacks of someone who is, as i stated above, a self-serving douchebag more concerned with "being right" about your particular analysis (your intense desire to "prove" that marv sucks) than you are concerned about the Bills doing well or you actually making a realistic assessment.

We all have heard the talk from Donte Whitner and know he is a great leader. I feel for all of the blame that has been tossed around to McGee, McKelvin and Ko Simpson, some of it should be passed to the Whitner. Can anyone remeber when he made a game changing interception or forced fumble (a la Ed Reed)? The two biggest plays I can think of this year are him chasing down Johnny Lee Higgins and Ted Ginn after a 60 yard reception...

when you get real and get a clue. what an absolutely ridiculous comment.

we are down our best defensive lineman and best pass rusher.mcgee is playing on one leg and missed 2 games ,youboty missed 3 games and ko is injured. consequently Whitner is probably playing 4 different positions depending on the game and you have a beef with the guy.

i wish we had a team of donte whitners because i dont think we would ever loose a game.

please give me a freaking break!!!!!!!!!!

We all have heard the talk from Donte Whitner and know he is a great leader. I feel for all of the blame that has been tossed around to McGee, McKelvin and Ko Simpson, some of it should be passed to the Whitner. Can anyone remeber when he made a game changing interception or forced fumble (a la Ed Reed)? The two biggest plays I can think of this year are him chasing down Johnny Lee Higgins and Ted Ginn after a 60 yard reception...

No I cannot recall very many big plays from whitner.

But it doesn't suprise me , like I said before there are very few impact players from the safety position.

The Bills should never have drafted him that high.

No I cannot recall very many big plays from whitner.

But it doesn't suprise me , like I said before there are very few impact players from the safety position.

The Bills should never have drafted him that high.

I don't think anyone is down on Whitner, but those are exactly the same concerns I have. He is not an impact player, and his deficiencies in the secondary are now becoming evident, especially at FS. The guy gives a damn and is excellent in the run game. I just wish he would do something in the secondary once in a while.