My thoughts on Bledsoe and the Bills

Bledsoe blamed everybody but himself today. He also stated that HE is the QB of this team. Good for him, I guess. MM said that Losman will not play for at least another month. At least we knew the 2-14 teams of 1984 & 1985 were bad football teams and we knew they were going to lose. Who would have thought we would be comparing this team to those teams? Bledsoe needs to go and he can take Henry with him. This has got to stop and someone is to blame. I wish someone would either take the blame or put it on someone and do something about it.

Being a Purdue alum I take exception to the Kyle Orton comment. He believes in himself, however, I don't think he has the mobility needed at the next level. I think Brees is much better than Orton.

As for Bledsoe, is there a team with a great offensive line and a poor quarterback? If so, trade Drew there.

Personally, I don't mind losing football games. It's going to happen. As long as there is good effort, and the team doesn't embarass itself, I'm happy. Not being able to get a touchdown three different times at or around the 10 yard line is disgusting. Wasting 3 hours of my life to a team that is stinking it up (except for a few select players) is beyond annoying.

I wish fans were nicer because Drew is a good guy...he's just not a good quarterback right now. He's scared and has zero confidence. He will get run out of town, and that's too bad. I wish him the best of luck. I also wish J.P. would hurry up and get healthy. Baptism by fire is better than death by a thousand cuts.

Great post Mike.

It's how I feel too, except I never was high on getting Bledsoe to begin with.

But I do admit the franchise was very, very shaky at that point in time, and he did sell seats - which by all accounts kept the Red, White, and Blue in town.

One has to wonder how Wade and Ted Cottrell would have faired with the bunch of "talent" that TD has brought in.

The shame of this is that we seem to have lost three years of development. We're no better off today than we were the first year when DonnaHo took over. In fact we're worse. Three years-and-counting of losing is a much different place to be in than year one of a genuine rebuilding program.

Losing is a heavy load, and the fans will not bear lifting it for much longer. I'm sick of the lack of success brought by the players and coaches that DonnaHo has hand selected to be here.

What's next, another two years of rebuilding? Where does it end? When does the excitement of winning return? Where does the fan of Buffalo go to regain their respect? When does the team regain its good name?

When will the Bills field a respectable team again? Don't tune in next week, 'cause it ain't happening this year. We quite possibly could go 1 - 15 for 2004. What a statement!

Great post Mike.

It's how I feel too, except I never was high on getting Bledsoe to begin with.

But I do admit the franchise was very, very shaky at that point in time, and he did sell seats - which by all accounts kept the Red, White, and Blue in town.

One has to wonder how Wade and Ted Cottrell would have faired with the bunch of "talent" that TD has brought in.

The shame of this is that we seem to have lost three years of development. We're no better off today than we were the first year when DonnaHo took over. In fact we're worse. Three years-and-counting of losing is a much different place to be in than year one of a genuine rebuilding program.

Losing is a heavy load, and the fans will not bear lifting it for much longer. I'm sick of the lack of success brought by the players and coaches that DonnaHo has hand selected to be here.

What's next, another two years of rebuilding? Where does it end? When does the excitement of winning return? Where does the fan of Buffalo go to regain their respect? When does the team regain its good name?

When will the Bills field a respectable team again? Don't tune in next week, 'cause it ain't happening this year. We quite possibly could go 1 - 15 for 2004. What a statement!

84010[/snapback]

I had that thought last night, the downfall of the organization began with Wade's departure. I'd happily take back Wade & Ted. I'm fairly certain that Wade wouldn't have hesitated in putting Bledsoe on the bench.

Mike, perfect post. Bledsoe is a terrific guy but it is time for everyone to recognize he just is not the guy anymore. He was run out of New England and will soon be out of Bufalo next year. We should wish him well as a superb guy and probably a Hall of Fame QB by numbers. Father time catches up with all of us and I think even though Drew is fairly young he has played 10+ seasons and gotten hit too many times. Good luck to him.

Guest dropKickMurphy
.....But how many NFL qbs wouldn't be successful behind a line that was so good that Bledsoe could thrive?.....

That sums up Drew in a nutshell. He's always had some awesome physical attributes. But his defeciencies prevent him from being effective without a strong cast around him. Not only the O-line, but his other weapons as well.

Remember, the years he was effective in New England were the years he had Curtis Martin running the ball. As well as Ben Coates...who for a few years was a phenominal TE.

Give Drew a rock solid O-Line and an arsenal of offensive weapons and he will set the league on fire. But, as you noted, any legitimate NFL QB will be successful under those conditions.